The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

For a second I thought this was about Cities instead of SCE and almost had a heart attack :D

I mean Elves show up at the end of the Skaventide book so I wouldn't be surprised if they were included as a hint.

• Like 1

So i guess a updated what to expect for Skaven and Stormcast

Skaven

• Stormvermin
  • Weapon team-->Ratling-gunner, Warpfire & Doomflayer
  • Arch-warlock
  • Acolyte globadier
  • New Engineer--->Galvaneer with Warpvolt obliterator
    • Spoiler

War of Sigmar - New Skaven Clan Rats revealed and new Weapons team leaked ^^

• New Wolf rats
  • New Behemoth--> Brood Terror
    • Spoiler

Witness the Arrival of the Winged Knight-Azyros and the Abhorrent Brood  Terror - Warhammer Community

• Red armor with trophy rack Warlord with bodyguards--> Krittock Foulblade
  • New Verminlord--->Vizzik Scour

Stormcast

• Knight Azyros/Torrnus the Redeemed
    • Spoiler

Witness the Arrival of the Winged Knight-Azyros and the Abhorrent Brood  Terror - Warhammer Community

• Lord Vigalants on Morrgryph
  • Lord Celestant (Index)
  • Lord Relictor  (White dwarf & Index)
  • ????? A knight and or name character
    • 2023-12-20.png
  • ???? A seige weapon
  • ???? Lighting ghiest
    • 2024-04-30.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Btw, someone on the skaven discord noticed there are new rat models on the stock images for the webstore. A very clever conversion? Scenography? The vermintide spell? Part of a very big base?

Screenshot_20240803-001301.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Really curious about the Morrgryph. I'm still looking for the perfect centrepiece for my Stormcast army. The big dragons are too separate from the rest of the army, the tauralon has a really ugly face and the prime isn't a great sculpt. I was leaning towards Ionus but a big gryph sounds perfect. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 8:04 PM, Neverchosen said:

giphy.webp
Works for me!

I just hope that Hobgrots and Horns of Hashut are useable to help bulk out the army upon release.  

That'd be a dream come true for me; a plastic Chorf range is likely to be my last purchase(s) from GW at this point, and "evil clockwork" implies "Hellcannon" since it's the only Chorf model that leans that way

On 7/25/2024 at 9:31 PM, Twisted Firaun said:

Honestly if the Horns of Hashut (a group founded solely as a vanguard for their tall hatted overlords), isn’t included in the faction then GW needs to fire some people.

I am right there with you. But honestly I feel pretty strongly about *all* the cuts since AoS2, especially Beasts.

I'm *hoping* that they make it into the book for everyone who bought them and is planning on sticking to AoS. Like, I could just as easily see Hobgrots staying in Kruleboyz exclusively at this point since allies are pretty much completely gone as a core mechanic this edition.

It'd make a certain (bad) kind of sense, then, to boot Horns out of Slaves since Slaves and Chorfs can't ally anyways; now theres "no reason to" since the Horns don't exist. Especially since the models werent horribly well received; I could see GW deciding not to continue down the "many races worship Hashut" train of thought and focus on Chorfs exclusively

16 hours ago, AquaRegis said:

This is back when you could actually customize your army, in free expansions and create a narrative, rather then being forced into set units and load outs, like the modern game systems. 

The pivot to making AoS a "beginner friendly!" "You 'only need one spearhead!'" box sucks so badly because, while it's cool right now, GW's history with justifying prices is "well what you 'need' is cheap while anything you'd 'only need one of' is a luxury" and, to me, that suggests Spearheads will get hit less terribly with future price hikes, but *everything else* is "not necessary!" so it'll be priced horribly. 

Then, in a minute or two, you'll get "the new edition of Spearhead!" Where every faction gets a new box with new rules, and I could see GW just saying "ah, that's tough! The old spearheads are legends now... so the four armies you started? Well now you "get" to add a whole new Spearhead box!"

I'm seeing a ton of new people getting into AoS all over the internet; which is great! But I've noticed many of these people do not have a long history with GW.... Which is less great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jorum said:

This guy isn't new, though? I have mine built from Skaventide right here. Just one of the options for the clanrat champion.

Think they are referencing the cluster of rats in the background.

5 hours ago, Pizzaprez said:

That'd be a dream come true for me; a plastic Chorf range is likely to be my last purchase(s) from GW at this point, and "evil clockwork" implies "Hellcannon" since it's the only Chorf model that leans that way

I am right there with you. But honestly I feel pretty strongly about *all* the cuts since AoS2, especially Beasts.

I'm *hoping* that they make it into the book for everyone who bought them and is planning on sticking to AoS. Like, I could just as easily see Hobgrots staying in Kruleboyz exclusively at this point since allies are pretty much completely gone as a core mechanic this edition.

It'd make a certain (bad) kind of sense, then, to boot Horns out of Slaves since Slaves and Chorfs can't ally anyways; now theres "no reason to" since the Horns don't exist. Especially since the models werent horribly well received; I could see GW deciding not to continue down the "many races worship Hashut" train of thought and focus on Chorfs exclusively

The pivot to making AoS a "beginner friendly!" "You 'only need one spearhead!'" box sucks so badly because, while it's cool right now, GW's history with justifying prices is "well what you 'need' is cheap while anything you'd 'only need one of' is a luxury" and, to me, that suggests Spearheads will get hit less terribly with future price hikes, but *everything else* is "not necessary!" so it'll be priced horribly. 

Then, in a minute or two, you'll get "the new edition of Spearhead!" Where every faction gets a new box with new rules, and I could see GW just saying "ah, that's tough! The old spearheads are legends now... so the four armies you started? Well now you "get" to add a whole new Spearhead box!"

I'm seeing a ton of new people getting into AoS all over the internet; which is great! But I've noticed many of these people do not have a long history with GW.... Which is less great.

Horns of Hashut are stil on sale for LGS. I am pretty sure they will return.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Garrac said:

Btw, someone on the skaven discord noticed there are new rat models on the stock images for the webstore. A very clever conversion? Scenography? The vermintide spell? Part of a very big base?

Screenshot_20240803-001301.png

Which ones are the new ones for the non-Skaven-versed?

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

Really curious about the Morrgryph. I'm still looking for the perfect centrepiece for my Stormcast army. The big dragons are too separate from the rest of the army, the tauralon has a really ugly face and the prime isn't a great sculpt. I was leaning towards Ionus but a big gryph sounds perfect. 

Based on the comments Jr said I imagine him as the Brood horror equivalent. The same that we already had in the box but bigger.

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I would say Cursed City rats as well. GW tend to be careful with such details.

Doesn't look like them to me. The rats on the image all have regular allife mammal faces, and appear to be bigger than the cursed city ones. And also, all the tails are on the ground, rather than flying over here and there.

A comparison here:

image.png.34f3b19c3b7a75982fc3bf02dcda6200.png

(theres more cursed city models, but the problem stands of no tails on the air)

image.jpeg.16b8325dcd1ec1a27f4c1a7a273a5645.jpeg

Edited by Garrac
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Doesn't look like them to me. The rats on the image all have regular allife mammal faces, and appear to be bigger than the cursed city ones. And also, all the tails are on the ground, rather than flying over here and there.

A comparison here:

image.png.34f3b19c3b7a75982fc3bf02dcda6200.png

(theres more cursed city models, but the problem stands of no tails on the air)

image.jpeg.16b8325dcd1ec1a27f4c1a7a273a5645.jpeg

I think it's just from the Rat swarm endless spell. I don't think we are getting rat swarms as a unit.