The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So i guess a updated what to expect for Skaven and Stormcast

Thanks for the updated list ! Nice to have a center-piece themed around the Ruination Chambers. A big gryph creature is fitting. Dragons (Extremis) were too related to "old" SCE design and Warrior Chambers anyway (though with new Ionus ...).

Honestly @Whitefang back me up  I'd be happy with Multipart Reclusians with Memorians and Lightning Gheist(S) with Memorians. (Maybe in Warcry or Underworld, also). 

Then, if the the Lord-vigilant on Morrgryph is as good as the KB Vulcha... Problem is the Lord-Vigilant in Skaventide is already GLORIOUS. Of course siege weapons would be great (and new Lord-Celestant and Lord-Relictor in thunderstrike would be just ice on the cake).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Thanks for the updated list ! Nice to have a center-piece themed around the Ruination Chambers. A big gryph creature is fitting. Dragons (Extremis) were too related to "old" SCE design and Warrior Chambers anyway (though with new Ionus ...).

Honestly @Whitefang back me up  I'd be happy with Multipart Reclusians with Memorians and Lightning Gheist(S) with Memorians. (Maybe in Warcry or Underworld, also). 

Then, if the the Lord-vigilant on Morrgryph is as good as the KB Vulcha... Problem is the Lord-Vigilant in Skaventide is already GLORIOUS. Of course siege weapons would be great (and new Lord-Celestant and Lord-Relictor in thunderstrike would be just ice on the cake).

The downside with this is that the more we see Ruination chamber minis that are not related to lightning gheists or something along those lines, the less likely it is for us to get that. So in the end Ruination could just be SCE with crow theme over their armour.

22 hours ago, cyrus said:

Valrak expecting new sanguinary guard and new sanguinor for next new model monday since GENCon preview was deleted.

Anyway next Saturday preview is all about AoS and Skaven ! 😉🐀🐁

Makes sense they're dropping these big 40k reveals every monday if they canceled a GENCon preview. The reveal of a Blood Angels refresh would've been a big event fit for a Con. Still strange they aren't upgrading the sanguinary priest though.

The Skaven preview is gonna blow everything out of the water though.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The main issue that hasnt been discussed online, from what Ive seen, is the complete lack of OGOR RUMOURS!!

It is a topic that is starting to worry me, to be fair. With the trim of UW units Ogors really need a RE or rumour monger that clearly screams their refresh is on its way.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is a topic that is starting to worry me, to be fair. With the trim of UW units Ogors really need a RE or rumour monger that clearly screams their refresh is on its way.

Warcry: Gorger Mawpack

I think getting the Gorgers with Warcry's new style of expanding on existing armies pretty much confirms an Ogor refresh at some point.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I think getting the Gorgers with Warcry's new style of expanding on existing armies pretty much confirms an Ogor refresh at some point.

Would it be too crazy and cruel if ogors are saved for the next edition launch box?

With Chorfs on its way it would mean that definitely get more love than if they were refreshed this edition.

1 hour ago, AquaRegis said:

I think it's just from the Rat swarm endless spell. I don't think we are getting rat swarms as a unit. 

I dont have the models of the spells, but someone with it has told me that the vermintide spell rats are running on pillar things, abd arent grouped up like these rats.

Didnt say they were rat swarms, tho. Im betting on parts of a much bigger base were not seeing whole here.

6 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I think Warcry in general is a good look into the future of a faction's aesthetics. Excited to see what the next bunch of bands is!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I dont have the models of the spells, but someone with it has told me that the vermintide spell rats are running on pillar things, abd arent grouped up like these rats.

Didnt say they were rat swarms, tho. Im betting on parts of a much bigger base were not seeing whole here.

Yeah judging from the sprue only a few rats are on the ground and they still have some skulls with them. Of course GW could have cut off single rats and glued them together for a base but would they really do that for this promo shot? Its way more likely this is a new model or part of the base of a new model

Edited by Matrindur

46 minutes ago, Garrac said:

There is a better picture of those same type of rats here.

image.png.61f20e038330db8cf5cd2b2f940d7646.png

They aren't on bases so they're probably just custom made terrain added for effect in the photographs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Im not worried just yet. Id wager a late 2025/26 release at the earliest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

If the Morrgryph is the centerpiece in the same vein as the stardrakes (and Dracoths) i hope they do eventually refresh those drakes to what they're meant to be in the artwork just so SEC can have a good monster horde list. Like image seeing in the distance a force of lighting dragons and a giant skeletal gryphon charging into the fortress 

Stormcastonstar-drake.jpg.2c6f7c1cc0b98341e384f07e8117a678.jpg

image.png.4547b0822b059ecdabd5b6ae38588e31.png

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

The downside with this is that the more we see Ruination chamber minis that are not related to lightning gheists or something along those lines, the less likely it is for us to get that. So in the end Ruination could just be SCE with crow theme over their armour.

I mean there was that Warhammer community replay "just you wait" when someone asking "what does Stormcast look like when they past the threshold"  so i'm sure there a lighting ghiest some sort coming. 

currently we only have 4 confirmed units (all heroes) of 8-9 that are coming for Stormcast 

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

The Morrgryph could be a big black raven ,that could actually fly , with skulls ornaments in honour of Morrda.

it could be the same size of Thalia Vedra’s manticore.

I hope the skaven warlord comes actually with palanquin carried by rat ogors. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I do hope it's more on the rough looking side like these other newer stormie critters. At least then it would make for more open ended conversion potential. 

Ghoul king on a big gnarly raven

Vamp lord, etc...

• LOVE IT! 3

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Would it be too crazy and cruel if ogors are saved for the next edition launch box?

With Chorfs on its way it would mean that definitely get more love than if they were refreshed this edition.

I mentioned this idea a long time ago on here. I definitely could see them being in the launch for 5.0. For several reasons 

The models needs a rather large update. While they do have fair share of plastic I think things like mournfang and some of the gluttons and leadbelchers could use a glowup. Plus some really terrible finecast sculpts.

The current Ogors lack an AOS identity. While the gorgers are a really wild concept they may be the only thing currently on par with AOS fantasy. 

The Ogors do not have any narrative to the main story. Yes they are around, but there are no named characters, and no true cause and effect with them in the mortal realms. 

Because I think their revamp or relaunch would be a rather large task, I’m not sure they could do it all during the edition. They are in a similar spot to how Skaven was and I think they will need to be reintroduced in a big way. 

Another seperate note, I know we talk about how the launch sets are supposed to feature models that beginners might be able to paint, with contrast for skin, I could see the Ogors not being a super difficult task for those beginners looking for table top standard armies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

If the Morrgryph is the centerpiece in the same vein as the stardrakes (and Dracoths) i hope they do eventually refresh those drakes to what they're meant to be in the artwork just so SEC can have a good monster horde list. Like image seeing in the distance a force of lighting dragons and a giant skeletal gryphon charging into the fortress 

Stormcastonstar-drake.jpg.2c6f7c1cc0b98341e384f07e8117a678.jpg

image.png.4547b0822b059ecdabd5b6ae38588e31.png

I mean there was that Warhammer community replay "just you wait" when someone asking "what does Stormcast look like when they past the threshold"  so i'm sure there a lighting ghiest some sort coming. 

currently we only have 4 confirmed units (all heroes) of 8-9 that are coming for Stormcast 

Why a skeletal crow? I doubt SCE will have skeletal mounts.

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

The Morrgryph could be a big black raven ,that could actually fly , with skulls ornaments in honour of Morrda.

it could be the same size of Thalia Vedra’s manticore.

I hope the skaven warlord comes actually with palanquin carried by rat ogors. 

My bet is that their centerpieces are the Brood Horror and Vizzik Scour. The other named hero that WF Jr mentioned won't be as big as those two.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I mentioned this idea a long time ago on here. I definitely could see them being in the launch for 5.0. For several reasons 

The models needs a rather large update. While they do have fair share of plastic I think things like mournfang and some of the gluttons and leadbelchers could use a glowup. Plus some really terrible finecast sculpts.

The current Ogors lack an AOS identity. While the gorgers are a really wild concept they may be the only thing currently on par with AOS fantasy. 

The Ogors do not have any narrative to the main story. Yes they are around, but there are no named characters, and no true cause and effect with them in the mortal realms. 

Because I think their revamp or relaunch would be a rather large task, I’m not sure they could do it all during the edition. They are in a similar spot to how Skaven was and I think they will need to be reintroduced in a big way. 

Another seperate note, I know we talk about how the launch sets are supposed to feature models that beginners might be able to paint, with contrast for skin, I could see the Ogors not being a super difficult task for those beginners looking for table top standard armies.

Yeah. That was my point as well. I recently read how BoC and Ogors were in a similar spot in terms of releases and the lack of names characters. That's why I started to be worried.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are the 5th ed faction, but the wait will kill the Ogors players with the BoC predecent.

Even if it would be weird, if I were GW I would mention they are the launching faction midway this edition so everyone is relaxed and can save for the refresh if that would be the case.