The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Warcry: Gorger Mawpack

I think getting the Gorgers with Warcry's new style of expanding on existing armies pretty much confirms an Ogor refresh at some point.

They were the โ€œ poster boys โ€œ of ogor faction focus ๐Ÿ‘

RtiMPuE96ZhRPqAv.jpg

ย 

• Like 2

My thoughts on ogors are either one subfaction will get redone or an entirely new one will pop up like Kruleboyz for orruks. Either way I do hope the CoS warhulk is the scale template. I don't think any new ogor model should be on anything less than a 50mm.ย 

• LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

My thoughts on ogors are either one subfaction will get redone or an entirely new one will pop up like Kruleboyz for orruks. Either way I do hope the CoS warhulk is the scale template. I don't think any new ogor model should be on anything less than a 50mm.ย 

How is the Warhulk compared to the Cursed City one? I could see them doing the separation between first generation ogors and second generation ones.

5 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Since we are in asqhy an expansion of firebelly subfaction will be super cool and themed๐Ÿ”ฅย 

99810213004_Firebelly01.jpg
ย 

DD BTW : next destruction faction launch box would be 6th edition not 5th .

• Like 3

Just now, cyrus said:

Since we are in asqhy an expansion of firebelly subfaction will be super cool and themed๐Ÿ”ฅย 

ย 

IMO the pattern (if there's any) still needs to be confirmed.

Death Gryph of Morr you sayโ€ฆ.Iโ€™m listening.ย 
If this rumour has any truth to it Iโ€™m curious how it would differentiate from the Gryphstalker of the Lord vigilant which I would already associate with Death/Morr, given its aesthetics.

ย 

Also any mutters on Where the White Fangs and the Hound are, Iโ€™m getting concerned for them.ย 

4 minutes ago, Kronos said:

If this rumour has any truth to it Iโ€™m curious how it would differentiate from the Gryphstalker of the Lord vigilant which I would already associate with Death/Morr, given its aesthetics.

ย 

Also any mutters on Where the White Fangs and the Hound are, Iโ€™m getting concerned for them.ย 

He said it is basically the same but bigger.

5 minutes ago, Kronos said:

ย 

We literally got this rumor from Whitefang Jr. yesterdayย 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

I mentioned this idea a long time ago on here. I definitely could see them being in the launch for 5.0. For several reasonsย 

The models needs a rather large update. While they do have fair share of plastic I think things like mournfang and some of the gluttons and leadbelchers could use a glowup. Plus some really terrible finecast sculpts.
ย 

The current Ogors lack an AOS identity. While the gorgers are a really wild concept they may be the only thing currently on par with AOS fantasy.ย 
ย 

The Ogors do not have any narrative to the main story. Yes they are around, but there are no named characters, and no true cause and effect with them in the mortal realms.ย 
ย 

Because I think their revamp or relaunch would be a rather large task, Iโ€™m not sure they could do it all during the edition. They are in a similar spot to how Skaven was and I think they will need to be reintroduced in a big way.ย 
ย 

Another seperate note, I know we talk about how the launch sets are supposed to feature models that beginners might be able to paint, with contrast for skin, I could see the Ogors not being a super difficult task for those beginners looking for table top standard armies.

ย 

I respectfully highly disagree

"Ogres lack an AOS identity"

AOS has two identities right now; the Ice Age horde and the classic Black powder Cossackโ€“Mongolsย 

Faction Focus: Beastclaw Raiders - Warhammer Community

Ogor_Army_01.jpg

Both being use in lore to their fullest AOS potential

• the Beastclaw raider are massive horde riding massive Neolithic beasts chased by blizzards that can change depending on the tribe from a hailstorm the fist of ogre fist or a thick fog allowing litteral ogre ninjaย 
  • The Gutbusters are just various Khantes of eternally carnivores horde worship the destruction of the realm by forming mini-great maw some devouring entire cities (Warcy show this) while sending out mercenaries to eat the most exotic foods and cultures are center around the preference of what they eat like a blood raw meat tribe

Then they're just the various sort of thing they spread out to other factions like the City ogres who taken a more retro ogre look to them

image.png.c8c226ad650a6b52aae8612a07af21bc.png

"but there are no named characters, and no true cause and effect with them in the mortal realms. "

Yes there is there Globb Glittermaw who been spending the entirety of 3 edition in the background building his power within the Destruction sphereย  across various battletomes

image.png.cadc74b3a7c6ee1eeac3d9d6db777e24.png

image.png.17b1d54e38d19b79bd903ceff3786bbb.png

It build up and the pay off will come when the do get their refresh because let be honest we hear this time and time again from the Flesh eater court to Seraphon to the Skaven and they got their time in the sun. The reason why BoC didn't get that is the big obvious reason that one image explainTOWfactions.png.88d91fafe622e2af87a2e78f081e90d4.png

ย 

image.png

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

42 minutes ago, cyrus said:

ย 

Since weโ€™re in 4th edition and looping into Chaos, we really only have one โ€œcycleโ€ complete and GE has never officially said it is in fact an โ€œorder Vs chaos/death/destructionโ€œ release cycle, to my knowledge.

Each edition release coincided with a large faction release; it may be the allegiance vs Stormcast choice is made based on what they want the big narrative wave to be.

that is to say, it may be Chaos was chosen because they were ready to to a Skaven refresh, and not that Skaven was chosen for a refresh because it was Chaosโ€™s turn in the order.

honestly I think youโ€™re probably right and weโ€™ll see death in 5e, then destro again, but just from a data collection standpoint weโ€™re still a couple editions away from saying wether itโ€™s a pattern or coincidence.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cyrus said:

ย 

Please...i love the aesthetic,the Mask rensembles some shahg/zhou period bronze.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I respectfully highly disagree

"Ogres lack an AOS identity"

AOS has two identities right now; the Ice Age horde and the classic Black powder Cossackโ€“Mongolsย 

Faction Focus: Beastclaw Raiders - Warhammer Community

Ogor_Army_01.jpg

Both being use in lore to their fullest AOS potential

• the Beastclaw raider are massive horde riding massive Neolithic beasts chased by blizzards that can change depending on the tribe from a hailstorm the fist of ogre fist or a thick fog allowing litteral ogre ninjaย 
  • The Gutbusters are just various Khantes of eternally carnivores horde worship the destruction of the realm by forming mini-great maw some devouring entire cities (Warcy show this) while sending out mercenaries to eat the most exotic foods and cultures are center around the preference of what they eat like a blood raw meat tribe

Then they're just the various sort of thing they spread out to other factions like the City ogres who taken a more retro ogre look to them

image.png.c8c226ad650a6b52aae8612a07af21bc.png

"but there are no named characters, and no true cause and effect with them in the mortal realms. "

Yes there is there Globb Glittermaw who been spending the entirety of 3 edition in the background building his power within the Destruction sphereย  across various battletomes

image.png.cadc74b3a7c6ee1eeac3d9d6db777e24.png

image.png.17b1d54e38d19b79bd903ceff3786bbb.png

It build up and the pay off will come when the do get their refresh because let be honest we hear this time and time again from the Flesh eater court to Seraphon to the Skaven and they got their time in the sun. The reason why BoC didn't get that is the big obvious reason that one image explainTOWfactions.png.88d91fafe622e2af87a2e78f081e90d4.png

ย 

image.png

I think your points are just giving the reason to @Jetlife. They have an identity, but not an AoS one. Just inherited what they were in WHFB.

A good example of an army not having an AoS identity would be, IMO, CoS pre renewal. They were a continuation of the WHFB stuff, while an army with a strong AoS identity would be FEC. They had a strong lore and they were just lacking the minis to match them. New lore that were not continuing what they had before.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Ejecutor The cursed city ogy is noticeably smaller.ย 

Only the gorgers and warhulk have imo reached the correct scale size.ย 

That's my point. The Warhulk ogor was mentioned to be a 2nd generation ogor. It is way to explain why they can co-exist in a more peaceful way in the cities. Maybe the first generation ogors stay smaller, while the second generation ones are taller. It could be related to their eating. Second generation ones ad they live in a city have a better diet so they grow taller in the same way we grow taller than our ancestors because we have easier access to better food.

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think your points are just giving the reason to @Jetlife. They have an identity, but not an AoS one. Just inherited what they were in WHFB.

Beastclaw lore has absolutely nothing to do with WFB. It's all AoS original.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, madmac said:

It has a small piece new, but Thundertusk already emanated frost:ย Thundertusk | Warhammer Wiki | Fandomย It is just the same but powered up to match the size of the Mortal Realms, in the same way that Hammerhall would be massive for WHFB, but it could fit perfectly. Put away some specificย tidbits from the Mortal Realms here and there and it could be an Empire city.

Over many generations, the warping effects of the raw energies of Chaos have gradually turned the Thundertusk into a walking patch of winter. The Thundertusk emanates frost, sending out chilling waves of freezing air that lap around its mammoth hide, slowing all who dare approach the great beast.

I think another good example of a range having an AoS identity but not brand-new minis would be Skavens. Until very recently they had a strong AoS lore that changed drastically what they had before, but they were just lacking minis. IMO Ogoros are not comparable in terms of AoS identity to FEC or Skavens previous to their refresh. That's why I agree with the points made earlier. I think it all depends on where you draw the line of having enough or differentiated enough AoS lore.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, madmac said:

Lore is AoS, Models are WHFB, which is exactly the position CoS were in like Ejecutor said. And Bonesplitterz. Hopefully theyโ€™re selling well enough to avoid my armyโ€™s fate.

Ignoring the discussion of lore I am really excited for the Ogor release. I am a bit hesitant as I had a few units retired in my Stormcast and Slaves to Darkness armies but as I feel my Beastclaws will be largely untouched I am looking forward to maybe adding a Gutbuster themed Spearhead to my collection. I have a very confident feeling that Ironguts will join Saurus Guard and Grave Guard in not getting an update.

GW seems to enjoy keeping the elite infantry untouched during a massive range update.

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think another good example of a range having an AoS identity but not brand-new minis would be Skavens. Until very recently they had a strong AoS lore that changed drastically what they had before, but they were just lacking minis.

i think you going have to explain that further because Skaven is like the least change in term of lore then any faction.

• Same clans and hierarchy
  • ย same Motivations
  • Same wacky ideas, horror & hijinks
  • same base of operation (literally just now it in the warp)
  • Same charactersย 
  • same name conventions as well

They're practically the same as before only now operated in a different scale from billions to now nearly infinite amount of them. Only real "newer" lore is them having gnawholes to explain their travel between realms rather then the typical demon manifestation

Ogers have bunch of new & different lore form their WHF counterpart then Skaven of all faction doย 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

i think you going have to explain that further because Skaven is like the least change in term of lore then any faction.

• Same clans and hierarchy
  • ย same Motivations
  • Same wacky ideas, horror & hijinks
  • same base of operation (literally just now it in the warp)
  • Same charactersย 
  • same name conventions as well

They're practically the same as before only now operated in a different scale from billions to now nearly infinite amount of them. Only real "newer" lore is them having gnawholes to explain their travel between realms rather then the typical demon manifestation

Ogers have bunch of new & different lore form their WHF counterpart then Skaven of all faction doย 

Apart from Gnawholes:

- Their own subrealm.
- Their deity playing with the big boys.
- The structure is not the same. They are now all mixed.
- Newer tech, but this could be kind of ignored.
- Their own afterlife in Shyish.
-ย Warpstone is fully integrated into the Mortal Realms ecosystem.

And the most obvious one, but this is deffo ignored as came with the refresh, the rataclysm.

IMO they are a step or two above Ogors. That's why I think Ogors refresh would happen in a launch edition box.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Apart from Gnawholes:

- Their own subrealm.
- Their deity playing with the big boys.
- The structure is not the same. They are now all mixed.
- Newer tech, but this could be kind of ignored.
- Their own afterlife in Shyish.
-ย Warpstone is fully integrated into the Mortal Realms ecosystem.

And the most obvious one, but this is deffo ignored as came with the refresh, the rataclysm.

IMO they are a step or two above Ogors. That's why I think Ogors refresh would happen in a launch edition box.

The same thing can be said about Ogres

• Two culturesย with each having three new major subfactions that interact with not only destruction but also death and order
  • New god in the form of Gorkamorka the Gulping gods who isn't just a rehash of the Great Maw as much claim which also comes with it own aspect as the Sun Eater for the firebellies
  • The entire Beastclaw raider lore with their history, worship & relationship with an entity that never existed in WHF
  • Two completely different name characters who have their own agendas and lore progress that are awaiting models
  • Various Ogre subspecies playing in the realms as well like City ogres & Half-ogres hybrids
  • One of the underworld location is all about the ogre changed the entire region around it

the Rataclysm can't really count since it is the refresh as we can say the same when Ogre get their own time especially since the core rule book said they going to respond to the Vermindoom

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

It has a small piece new, but Thundertusk already emanated frost:ย Thundertusk | Warhammer Wiki | Fandomย It is just the same but powered up to match the size of the Mortal Realms, in the same way that Hammerhall would be massive for WHFB, but it could fit perfectly. Put away some specificย tidbits from the Mortal Realms here and there and it could be an Empire city.

This is outright incorrect, though. A snippet of background for a single WHFB unit, it doesn't really have any connection at all to broader Beastclaw Raiders background except that both superficially feature ice.

BCR are a wholly AoS-original concept in almost every aspect. More so than FEC, Soulblight... honestly, in many regards (culture, origin, approach, metaphysics, method of war) they're at least as divorced from their WHFB ogre kingdom forbears as Cities of Sigmar are from WHFB Empire.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

He said it is basically the same but bigger.

Interesting, Not sure what to think about that. The mind boggles thinking what it could look like. Curious.ย 
ย 

Any word on what This new Vermin Lord will look like?ย 

3 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Interesting, Not sure what to think about that. The mind boggles thinking what it could look like. Curious.ย 
ย 

Any word on what This new Vermin Lord will look like?ย 

Nope. Just the name, but we already knew that.

• Thanks 1