The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

A Skaven pre-order in August would be a very welcome surprise. 

I can see Verminslayer going for pre-order in August, but Skaven less than 3 weeks after their reveal seems too soon. I think people are still quite busy with Skaventide.

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

With the Agents of Imperium we have the near releases for August:

- Necromunda book + resin models
- HH book + resin models
- Greenskins or Dwarf kits
- Legion Imperialis support kits

- Skaven release (August 24)
- Blood Angel boxset (August 31)

Didnt expect the skaven release so soon. Im very ****** hyped for this, tbh.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Just for reference, the Tyranids were revealed on the 15th July preview but didn't go for preorder until 2nd September so an August preorder for Skaven might be very optimistic (assuming they get revealed this weekend and not Stormcast).

It could, yeah, but @Nezzhil sometimes knows things...

Edited by Ejecutor

11 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Just for reference, the Tyranids were revealed on the 15th July preview but didn't go for preorder until 2nd September so an August preorder for Skaven might be very optimistic (assuming they get revealed this weekend and not Stormcast).

I mean... The rats are still winning by a wide margin and theres a few hours left. Seems like a skaven W, unless millions of hidden stormcast fans suddenly start turning the wave.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I can't with these knock-off Stormcast they keep putting out:

bUr7l6uZqrHPvatF.jpg

How do they look so bad when the new Thunderstrike and Ruination guys look so good?

It's a space marine and we still need them to pay the bills :D, I quite like the captain, some nice build options. A solid mini.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

It's a space marine and we still need them to pay the bills :D, I quite like the captain, some nice build options. A solid mini.

I am mostly talking about the gold armour, mask and halo aesthetics that a bunch of recent 40k models seem to have had. Generally I just find they really make me appreciate how refined the new Stormcast look right now. It feels like they really got the details right on them, while (in my opinion) they seem to fumble them on the 40k side a lot.

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I am mostly talking about the gold armour, mask and halo aesthetics that a bunch of recent 40k models seem to have had. Generally I just find they really make me appreciate how refined the new Stormcast look right now. It feels like they really got the details right on them, while (in my opinion) they seem to fumble them on the 40k side a lot.

The gold armour is for the Sanguinary guard. They have always been like that, but upgraded to the new armour mark/ primaris scale. GW can't be to adventurous with Space Marines. It's a proven aesthetic that works and it defines what a GW Space Marine is. Can GW do better, ofcourse they can, but than it's maybe not a Space Marine anymore. With AoS they were still seeking the right aesthetic for Stormcast, for SM they know what works and what their customers want.

I also like the ruination mini's a lot more, except that floating one that still needs to be released.

Edited by Tonhel

49 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

New Model Monday is 40k again unfortunately. Guess it's expected with AoS reveals on Saturday

If the rumours of the Blood Angels preorder at the end of the month are true I would expect all Mondays until then to be BA reveals as they need to get the reveals out there before the book is up. 

The Sanguinary Priest was expected but he doesn't seem Blood Angels enough for me? If you take off the chalice and the shoulder pad he could just be a generic Apothecary.

And while the Captain is nice with the different armour style I'm really not sure if another generic Captain is what Space Marines needed even if he is BA themed

Edited by Matrindur

15 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

If the rumours of the Blood Angels preorder at the end of the month are true I would expect all Mondays until then to be BA reveals as they need to get the reveals out there before the book is up. 

The Sanguinary Priest was expected but he doesn't seem Blood Angels enough for me? If you take off the chalice and the shoulder pad he could just be a generic Apothecary.

And while the Captain is nice with the different armour style I'm really not sure if another generic Captain is what Space Marines needed even if he is BA themed

At least they're getting up in rank. It could have been a primaris lieutenant. 

• Haha 2