The Rumour Thread

People are really voting like crazy for chaos. It’s seems that you can vote for outside the city as many times as you want. I spent about 5 minutes voting for order about 100 times. The order percentage still went down so I gave up. 

• Sad 3

On 8/3/2024 at 11:43 AM, Dragon-knight77 said:

If the Morrgryph is the centerpiece in the same vein as the stardrakes (and Dracoths) i hope they do eventually refresh those drakes to what they're meant to be in the artwork just so SEC can have a good monster horde list. Like image seeing in the distance a force of lighting dragons and a giant skeletal gryphon charging into the fortress 

I would bet it's a Tauralon replacement, more than a Stardrake replacement

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

People are really voting like crazy for chaos. It’s seems that you can vote for outside the city as many times as you want. I spent about 5 minutes voting for order about 100 times. The order percentage still went down so I gave up. 

Yeah it was quite clear it has been being bombed into chaos' favour ever since order had a small lead.

Doesn't really matter in the end, although lorewise an order victory would have been much more interesting.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

so are we going to end up with an Order besieged type scenario? Skaven hold the countryside, but Order maintains an isolated city? Could lead to an interesting narrative, Send in a crusade to liberate the besieged city before it falls. Something unexpected like Death to the rescue might be fun. Like the Ossiarch show up to save the day, then demand the bone tithe from the rescued city......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

so are we going to end up with an Order besieged type scenario? Skaven hold the countryside, but Order maintains an isolated city? Could lead to an interesting narrative, Send in a crusade to liberate the besieged city before it falls. Something unexpected like Death to the rescue might be fun. Like the Ossiarch show up to save the day, then demand the bone tithe from the rescued city......

Not at Hel Crown, plus I think the Bonereapers will be more concerned with Evergnaw and stopping Skaven from poisoning underworlds with Warpstone. Fortunately, the Null Myriad should be enough to allow them to mount a counterattack once Evergnaw is found. 

2 hours ago, Vaellas said:

Kinda cheeky to have the silouette for the Stormcast model being the Knight Azyros/ Tornus that was already shown off due to leaks. That is it from the back.

AoS Reveals Jun12 Image5

I am running an oddball, but could be possible that we have a similar mini and it is not Tornus? But, yeah, it is in fact weird. Especially when the leaked mini was the Brood Horror and they showed Tornus as well.

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

It is pretty easy to set up a script that spams for your faction... another dumb idea by GW. It was 50/50 and in a matter of a day or two it went down to 25/75.

33 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I don't think so. Chaos won both places.

And no matter which side you're on, won't want to miss it.

So it feels like they will reveal something for SCE as well.

Also, it is not saying it will be done on Twitch, but rather on YT live:

Whoever wins, we will all get to enjoy the reveal of a whole roster of amazing new miniatures during the upcoming Slaughter at Hel Crown Preview, which will be broadcast on YouTube Live on Saturday the 10th of August. 

So it is another pre-recorded video.

Edited by Ejecutor

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am running an oddball, but could be possible that we have a similar mini and it is not Tornus? But, yeah, it is in fact weird. Especially when the leaked mini was the Brood Horror and they showed Tornus as well.

the reason why it was release with the Brood horror is because in the Core Rulebook there a double page of Skaven and Stormcast army facing off each other with the Brood Horror and Knight Azyros  on each other pages hence how the Brood horror image got "leaked"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

So it feels like they will reveal something for SCE as well.

I mean that sounds like a general pitch of not wanting to miss out, like I can see them say that in a 40k or Necromunda article about not wanting to miss out on these new models.

But I think more specifically there is an assumption that people will want to tune in to learn about the results of the battle and the consequences to the lore. Meaniwhile Ogor players are just waiting to see what is on the menu Rats or City Dwellers?

• Haha 1

Gotta say I'm quite disappointed with the Hel Crown result (which seems absolutely planned, to the reveal show logo with Skaven writings).

We knew the Skaven Wave content since months, the first Skaven leak was the Brood Horror from the Core Book, and I can't believe Stormcasta - as the Starter Set faction for 4 editions straight - has fewer players / collectors than Skaven (who is a beloved faction but quite neglected in AOS since the End Times).

They really really really need to show the Stormcasts at NOVA at the end of the month. Valrak is talking about that reveal a lot (for 40k of course) so I guess it will be large enough to see the remaining Ruination kits....

• Like 4

On 8/4/2024 at 11:12 AM, Snarff said:

‘The real reason we didn’t have a choice isn’t because Sigmar forced us into this role. The real reason is because he looked into our souls and knew we would take this burden, knew that we would fight for him, forever if need be. Because we were the kind of people that would never, could never, let the realms fall into a hell like this.’

Where is this excerpt from? I'd very much like to buy the book it is in

39 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Gotta say I'm quite disappointed with the Hel Crown result (which seems absolutely planned, to the reveal show logo with Skaven writings).

We knew the Skaven Wave content since months, the first Skaven leak was the Brood Horror from the Core Book, and I can't believe Stormcasta - as the Starter Set faction for 4 editions straight - has fewer players / collectors than Skaven (who is a beloved faction but quite neglected in AOS since the End Times).

They really really really need to show the Stormcasts at NOVA at the end of the month. Valrak is talking about that reveal a lot (for 40k of course) so I guess it will be large enough to see the remaining Ruination kits....

This is how I read all stormcast players complaining about having their reveals delayed 18 days:

34728b579fb488b34c8d2f974df6e393.jpg

• Haha 12

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

This is how I read all stormcast players complaining about having their reveals delayed 18 days:

34728b579fb488b34c8d2f974df6e393.jpg

It is not about the reveals but about the lore implications, IMO. I think the consensus here is that lore wise would be better if Stormcast kept the city and Helcrow is there as a candle in the middle of the dark.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is not about the reveals but about the lore implications, IMO. I think the consensus here is that lore wise would be better if Stormcast kept the city and Helcrow is there as a candle in the middle of the dark.

I don't inow, skaven havent had a W on AoS since... Actually I think theyve never had one???

10 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I don't inow, skaven havent had a W on AoS since... Actually I think theyve never had one???

They are part of Chaos. They are constantly winning. We tend to forget AoS is like 85% Chaos vs the rest.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They are part of Chaos. They are constantly winning. We tend to forget AoS is like 85% Chaos vs the rest.

Acording to skaven lore, during the age of chaos skaven were on a civil war. They never got a W out of it (except if we count killing other skaven)