The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, this 40k roadmap is making the rounds, but I dont know if it's oficial cos Warcom still hasnt shared it. I dont know if the same source is sharing an AoS roadmap as well:

IMG-20240806-WA0020.jpg

It could be a completely fake based on the previous one or a leak from Nova. 50/50 IMO.

If it is real it gives me hope for an AoS roadmap.

Edited by Ejecutor

57 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Warcry Compendium is starting to get out of stock. No more prints.

Next season is coming soon.

Come on GW, come on, give me an Eshin warband bro, give it to me, Im asking for not much, give me something to toss off the monkeys, please, ****** please, I beg of you, from the deep bottom of my hearth, pleaaaaaaaase.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

image.jpeg.4a602c40aef2d534310e6d2f7be63812.jpeg

This one is interesting since it is pretty gruesome but at the same time quite clean. I feel like Chaos models are generally messier and Death stuff would probably look more aged, with pitting and ghost whisps all over the place. Not really sure that this fits any of the current AoS aesthetics which obviously means Malerion is confirmed.

28 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

image.jpeg.4a602c40aef2d534310e6d2f7be63812.jpeg

These remind me of the bodies on the Drazhoath’s bale Taurus , caged up in a similar way, I do hope that the bale taurus returns with the rumoured chorf range, maybe this aligns 

Edited by Deakz28
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This one is interesting since it is pretty gruesome but at the same time quite clean. I feel like Chaos models are generally messier and Death stuff would probably look more aged, with pitting and ghost whisps all over the place. Not really sure that this fits any of the current AoS aesthetics which obviously means Malerion is confirmed.

games-workshop-orruk-warclans-kruleboyz-swampboss-skumdrekk__09517.webp.5a46a2b3d34161ed076b7adc4a685c5d.webp

It is like the Krule jail but well done.

The skulls looks like they are melting

Maybe...

Spoiler

Draz7.webp.bd79605619ef123f97b8f543b2cef3c1.webp

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Warcry Compendium is starting to get out of stock. No more prints.

Next season is coming soon.

Not really. Compendium is about having all the rules of the warbands that aren't present in season books / new boxes. Since now all of their rules are on Warhammer Community download section...they don't see a reason to print it anymore.

Not saying a new season won't be coming, but "soon" is certainly not as soon as you think.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Not really. Compendium is about having all the rules of the warbands that aren't present in season books / new boxes. Since now all of their rules are on Warhammer Community download section...they don't see a reason to print it anymore.

Not saying a new season won't be coming, but "soon" is certainly not as soon as you think.

Let's wait Nova on 28th/29th of August to know the fate of Warcry and Underworlds.

I am pretty confident we will get a new season of Warcry while rumors say Underworlds will be discontinued ...

9 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Let's wait Nova on 28th/29th of August to know the fate of Warcry and Underworlds.

I am pretty confident we will get a new season of Warcry while rumors say Underworlds will be discontinued ...

Warcry isn’t due another edition until next year while the Compendium is outdated and available for free on War. Comm. 

3 hours ago, Garrac said:

Btw, this 40k roadmap is making the rounds, but I dont know if it's oficial cos Warcom still hasnt shared it. I dont know if the same source is sharing an AoS roadmap as well:

IMG-20240806-WA0020.jpg

I was curious, so made comparison to the general rate of releases (equivalent period bolded):

Age of Sigmar 3rd had 24 Battletomes and 2 supplements (~). In the seasons following launch, the numbers released were: 2, 3, 2, 2, 4, 3, 5, 1, ~2, ~2.

WH40k 9th had 21 Codexes and 5 supplements (~). In the seasons following launch, the numbers released were: ~4, ~3, 2, 3, ~2, 3, 4, 1, 3, 1.

So far, WH40k 10th is at: 4, ~1, 4, 3.

This suggested roadmap would afterwards leave outstanding: ~Space Wolves, ~Black Templars, Emperor's Children, Drukhari, and Chaos Daemons for the rest of the edition. (With the caveat that Chaos Daemons are rumoured to be removed as a single army and broken up into the Cult Legion books, as they are in AoS.)

//

Blood Angels are getting a sizable release, and Thousand Sons seem like they might get Castellax-Achea Automata, which would also be a "big" addition (they have such a tiny range, leaning hard on pilfered AoS units). Reasonable for a season.

Imperial Guard are rumoured to have a big release (Krieg stuff), and Votann probably need expanding (à la LRL's second wave). Death Guard are fine with a single hero (Lord of Poxes), and the Knightses could go without. Reasonable for a season, especially if Votann don't actually get the expansion some want. (They did already get Jaegers via Kill Team.)

Eldar are rumoured for a big release, Grey Knights need (but reasonably will not get) a total redo, and like Votann the World Eaters probably need a LRL-esque second wave. Reasonable, if Grey Knights are a single hero.

'Templars are good with a hero (if they even need that) at any time, and then Drukhari, Emperor's Children, and Space Wolves can be the single big releases to end the edition in the same manner as Seraphon, 'Cities, and 'Courts.

//

I'm suspect of a couple little things, as there's so much rumoured and necessary-feeling piled up - it's not like AoS 3rd, where they hammered out single-hero Battletomes around this point.

But... I think it seems reasonable. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Warcry isn’t due another edition until next year while the Compendium is outdated and available for free on War. Comm. 

It's not due another edition but it is due another season if GW continues the current model. For the last couple of years warcry and kill team have had a pretty symmetrical release schedule. If GW suddenly abandoned warcry for a year it would be pretty worrying for the future of the game. 

46 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Compendium was released after the pdfs, most of the pdfs are the same of the book. Only a few profiles were updated and only Cities and FeC are really different.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

God I hope so. It would be hilarious to see the reversal of roles. 

Late but:

the vermin king gives empathizing talk-speech before hooded acolytes. How they are win-winning everything. The world is there’s!

”but king! What about your weakness?” Shouts one near the front

”no weakness! Only take!” Screeches the king

the acolyte steps forward and pulls off their robe, dramatically revealing they were Nagash all along (please jot he definitely did not change his size or weave a disguise).

”time to take a bow, rat man!” Nagash yells as he haymakers the rat into goo.

• Haha 2