The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Right? I have been thinking the same thing with all the old AoS terrain and endless spells going out of print. 40k and warcry seem like they have no trouble just pumping out terrain kits.

I don't think the Endless spells are going anywhere, theyre a big part of 4th and I love their new implementation.

It's still dumb though, especially since we know the AoS terrain already exists and has just never been released. At this point I'm hoping for Warcry to go into Duardin territory so we can finally get some Duardin terrain.

It's crazy that they discontinue AoS terrain so fast and now release 4 TOW terrain kits permanently. I won't be buying them because of the differences in scale and aesthetics that don't necessarily fit AoS, but I would buy non-CoS AoS specific terrain in a heartbeat. I really like the Warcry Seraphon terrain that I have, and can't wait to have some more natural or other faction terrain.

Edited by Snarff

34 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Oh, nice! I have been looking into the possibility of getting another chapel. The Fortified Manor is a great kit; I painted one last year.

Now it is just a matter of seeing the prices...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Let's hope this means there will be more AoS terrain soon as well.

I can't imagine that they release all these kits not made to order and still don't release the non-ruined dawnbringers terrain and incarnate.

I was thinking the same, especially when some were pretty used prior to Dawnbringers as CoS terrain.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Fingers crossed:

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Baleful Realmgates - EndormoonStore

I've been wanting to buy these for so long, but theyre too expensive 2nd hand. I still have this idea in mind to use these gates to make a half-aqshy half-ghyran battlefield, with volcanic terrain on the aqshyan side and metaliths and verdant forests on the ghyranite side.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

17 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I've been wanting to buy these for so long, but theyre too expensive 2nd hand. I still have this idea in mind to use these gates to make a half-aqshy half-ghyran battlefield, with volcanic terrain on the aqshyan side and metaliths and verdant forests on the ghyranite side.

The problem with second-hand (apart from the price) is that I've heard the quality of the kit was pretty poor and it was terrible to assemble it properly. I've been tempted to buy it second hand, but I am redundant for that same reason. A same I missed them for 30 €, now the cheaper I see them is 75-80 €.

Ah, fond memories of the Manor house and that hill! I've still got my manor, but some of the bits like the torches need a bit of TLC or removing.

I suspect that the TOW terrain was first manufactured in house and is now again being done so, whereas I believe the AOS terrain kits are all chinese-made as were the endless spells. 

My understanding was they did an exclusive deal with wargames factory to make that stuff but preventing them from going on to make plastic titans and gaming tables. Whether that's still the case or not I dunno, and I might be remembering wrong 😅

But if it's the case, the chinese stuff has a longer lead time and probably a finite number are ordered before they're discontinued.

58 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The problem with second-hand (apart from the price) is that I've heard the quality of the kit was pretty poor and it was terrible to assemble it properly. I've been tempted to buy it second hand, but I am redundant for that same reason. A same I missed them for 30 €, now the cheaper I see them is 75-80 €.

Ahh, I finished painting up a Realmgate a couple of years back and from memory the kit was fine.

...I did also build the Ophidian Archway around the same time, and that turned out "proper wonky". May be builder error, though :)

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I was thinking the same, especially when some were pretty used prior to Dawnbringers as CoS terrain.

Maybe I imagine it, but wasn't a lot of AoS terrain produced in China and afaik I know these TOW sets were done in the UK.

Anyway very happy that those kits are coming back. 

2 hours ago, LeisureCanid said:

Ahh, I finished painting up a Realmgate a couple of years back and from memory the kit was fine.

...I did also build the Ophidian Archway around the same time, and that turned out "proper wonky". May be builder error, though :)

Nah the Archway was a crappy kit, I built one as well but gave it to a friend. Didn't help that the plastic was way harder to glue as well than the usual GW plastic.

Also, just my luck that GW rereleases their hills right after I spent hours on doing my own. I mean, mine are better (I'm not just great, I'm also extremely modest!) but still... a waste of time.  😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

That’s what pretty much ensures they won’t return. They were cast in horrendous plastic, I believe due to being outsourced, that didn’t work properly with plastic glue or superglue. It wasn’t the worst kit, that dubious honour belongs to the big plasma gun in 40K, but they weren’t fun.

i just wish they’d release the kit they made for intact Dawnbringer buildings.

Edited by RetconnedLegion

Twas the night before Ratmas, when all thro’ the warren,

Not a creature was stirring, not even a Skaven;

The Jezzails were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that Vizzik Scour soon would be there;

The vermin were nestled all snug in their burrows,

While visions of Warpstone plums danc’d in their heads,

Edited by Captaniser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13