The Rumour Thread

Really sad that Pestilens and Eshin are ignored but everything shown off looks great.

Pleasantly surprised that stuff like the warp grinder and doomflayer got updated too. I was almost expecting them to just quietly retire them and focus on the "classic" weapon teams.

• Like 1

What I'm glad is that the SG Warhound Skaven rumours weren't 100% correct - it allowed me to be surprised by the new doom flayers. I know some of you wanted wolf rats and I understand that, but doom flayers fit the same niche in being one of the rare fast Skaven unit, and because come on hamster wheel motorcycles of death ! It's absolutely unhinged, and you can't be more Skaven than that !

• Like 4

Amazing models. Awful preview. Why was it so rushed? Why did they keep jumping around with non sequitor questions. Just do it logically, design, then lore, then rules.  They didn’t even talk about some of the units, which still don’t have picture on the community site. The kill team tease does a disservice to both communities. 
On the positive side the minis are all stunning. Vizzik doesn’t disappoint. An amazing centrepiece. The acolytes, the storm vermin and especially the weapon teams are all amazing. The only thing that seems to be missing from the early leaks are the wolf rats,  but they’ve done way more with the weapon teams than I was expecting so I guess it’s a fair trade. The only things I’m not a fan of are the bald head of Krittock and the dangly arm on the terror. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

*cries in Eshin*

Super here for Vizzik though!

Praying for the S2D treatment where Skaven get a 2nd wave at the end of edition campaign, Darkoath style, that covers Eshin and/or Pestilens.

I'd more see them in Warcry though as my neighbour poster above said. Remember, the plastic deathmaster exists, they haven't forgotten about the master Splinter rats.

• Like 2

All the new stuff looks pretty great, I especially like all the Skryre models and stormvermin, Vizzik looks more or less how I imagined him. Interestingly no sign of the wolf rats from the list.

Now we await the Stormcast, which unless the rest of their release gets leaked as well it should mostly be a surprise as to what they get. Hopefully they don't get leaked since it does take a bit of the wind out the sails of the reveal.

WarCom article says that "...certain miniatures will break free of the confines of the Skaventide box set alongside these releases, including the Clawlord on Gnaw-beast, Rat Ogors, Clanrats, and Ratling Warpblaster, alongside Thanquol on Bonreripper and the Plague Pack." 

Do they mean Skabbik's Plaguepack?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

All the new stuff looks pretty great, I especially like all the Skryre models and stormvermin, Vizzik looks more or less how I imagined him. Interestingly no sign of the wolf rats from the list.

Now we await the Stormcast, which unless the rest of their release gets leaked as well it should mostly be a surprise as to what they get. Hopefully they don't get leaked since it does take a bit of the wind out the sails of the reveal.

They will almost certainly leak a day or two before hand. 

2 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

WarCom article says that "...certain miniatures will break free of the confines of the Skaventide box set alongside these releases, including the Clawlord on Gnaw-beast, Rat Ogors, Clanrats, and Ratling Warpblaster, alongside Thanquol on Bonreripper and the Plague Pack." 

Maybe they are repurposing underworlds tooling into just plain old gobbapalooza type units?

Fantastic miniatures on display. I am particularly delighted that doomflayers now come in 2s, since that also means it might be possible to reinforce them to units of 4... Similarly, the weapon team batteries might mean they come in groups rather than just single teams, which I vastly prefer to 'stick a single one of these guys as a whole unit slot for a regiment'. 

Amazed that they're also updating the warp-grinder! Really happy that's not getting squatted.

My only two disappointments were, firstly, that the poison wind mortar didn't get moved across into a 'special weapon' for globadier units, and the lack of rumoured wolf rats makes it more likely we will get those as a Warcry unit instead of gutter runners. Sad not to see any Eshin or Pestilens but I understand why they wanted to focus on just two clans here, and this was such a good update to Skryre and Moulder that I think it bodes well for when the other two getting updates eventually.

Amazing minis. Now I just hope the rules are polished up enough in the battletome to match!

• Like 1

When Kragnos escaped from his mountain prison in Ghur, he unleashed a wave of primal energy that was felt even in Blight City. A protean daemon of ruin emerged from the heart of the Masterburrow, and only prayers to the Great Horned Rat could quell its rage. When the Vermindoom secured the Skaven god’s place in the pantheon of Chaos, he shaped this daemon into Vizzik Skour, Lord of the Gnaw and Prophet of the Horned Rat. 

And people say that Kragnos didn't do anything.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

Most likely the grey seer, jezzails and the warplock engineer. I haven't bought Skaventide so idk about the sprue layout but they did this in Dominion with Yndrasta and the KB characters on foot.

Edit : when the hell are they updating the news article ? The stormvermin and weapons teams still aren't there !

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

21 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

What I'm glad is that the SG Warhound Skaven rumours weren't 100% correct - it allowed me to be surprised by the new doom flayers. I know some of you wanted wolf rats and I understand that, but doom flayers fit the same niche in being one of the rare fast Skaven unit, and because come on hamster wheel motorcycles of death ! It's absolutely unhinged, and you can't be more Skaven than that !

I think we knew Doom Flayers were coming.

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Most likely the grey seer, jezzails and the warplock engineer. I haven't bought Skaventide so idk about the sprue layout but they did this in Dominion with Yndrasta and the KB characters on foot.

That would make sense, yeah. (Weird name then, though.)

Ninja edit: I think only the Warplock Engineer and Grey Seer share a sprew, IIRC the Jezzails are good to rock n' rule on their own.

38 minutes ago, Beliman said:

To be honest, they are already over-the-top. The frankenstein and master moulder are crazy enough, and that verminlord is crazy. 

Yeah, but what I meant was there is zero difference between what Skaven was during Warhammer and what they are with AoS. They are in the exact same boat as StD/WoC and to a lesser extend Seraphon. Perfect dual use for TOW and AoS. Sadly the TOW Skaven legacy rules are a bit boring.

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, but what I meant was there is zero difference between what Skaven was during Warhammer and what they are with AoS. They are in the exact same boat as StD/WoC and to a lesser extend Seraphon. Perfect dual use for TOW and AoS. Sadly the TOW Skaven legacy rules are a bit boring.

It's because Skaven are already perfect. You may not like it, but the Skaven bodyplan is what peak performance looks like.

• Haha 2

Been a bit surprised at the sentence on WarCo :

But what’s bad news for the denizens of the Mortal Realms is good news for us, because we get to see all the new Skaven miniatures to be released in the next 12 months

12 months ?

26 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

I wasn't expecting much named heroes after Tornus, but seeing what happened with the Skavens maybe we get a surprise.