The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Concerning the gaps in Krittoks cloak the Skaventide Rat Ogors have same grooves:

image.png.237afd5f62b3b5a90fb19359370a5af5.png

So its clearly not just sub assembly gaps but a deliberate choice. Probably to represent poorly stitched together cloth. Now weither or not you like them is another question but I haven't seen anybody complain about these on the Rat Ogors

Yeah it's definitely a creative choice. Vizzik has those gaps too. The good news is that if you don't like it, it's a pretty easy fix. I think the problem is the two long horizontal gaps next to each assistant. A shorter gap at more of an angle would work better. 

These Skaven are, EXQUISITE! 

very happy for the rat aficionados out there. Vizzik is a thing of Absolute beauty and already eyeing him up for a Kit-bash, the AOS are just on an absolute roll. Not a single mini letting the team down. Did I mention how amazing Vizzik is ? 🐀🔔

• Like 1

So with Stormvermin getting that elite infantry i wonder other faction need that elite units?

• COS--->Greatswords/Freeguild Knights
    • image.png.70bab8efb60f16db5c85d7d3d1b6c2d6.png
  • SBG--->Grave guard
    • New Graveguard sculpts soon? : r/SoulblightGravelords
  • DINO---->Temple guard
    • Temple Guard by daarken on DeviantArt
  • OM--->Ironguts
    • Against the Ogres | Tabletop Campaign Repository
  • DT---->Doomed knights?
    • Total War on X: "Riding on the discs of Tzeentch, there is no escaping the Doom  Knights who've won this round! https://t.co/fearXxm3Lz" / X

I feel like i'm missing more

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 8

58 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I'm saddened not to see any new Eshin - Mordheim is what got me into the hobby and I'll always have a soft spot for the little ninja rats.

I love these reveals. They're amazing. They're beautiful.

Alas no eshin expected for now. "Soon" hopefully 

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

The Clawlord on Palanquin was not mention by SG Warhound all he said was 

which fits Krittok who whole gimmick is that his weaponization of "mercy" knowing that his clan rats will fight a little hard out of appreciation of his munificence and that he'll show nicity is simply bait for will gladly dispatch Clanrats to their death en masse when the time suit him

Image4

The Rat ogre plaquin comes from the Vermintide novel which had creative liberty when it came to villains like flying skaven & facehugger swarm rats

the New Wolf rat seem to be the Gnaw-beast the Clawlord was riding in the starter box

Now I can't unsee the gaps, they should have added stitches. Now it's ackward. A shame as it's a very cool mini from the front.

1 hour ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I never thought I'd live to see new Globadiers. Wow. 

They look so good. Honestly, I know a lot of the minis are updates but they're such good updates. Affordable globadiers for all lol.

However... Sprue glue required?

image.png.99bcbf2e23b2301ff4b6fa953d7e6fa3.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

There’s always the next Warcry season!!!

I think this is very likely. Eshin didn't really lend themselves to big stuff, being the clan on sneaky special ops. But they are ideally suited to a Hunters of Huanchi style warband.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My thoughts:

Vizzik Skour 11/10

I thought Ushoran was perfect, but Vizzik is just as good plus he had a more open pose. Best mini in AoS? Maybe, certainly up there. 

Also finally a Verminlord mini I don't dislike. I fear that if other Verminlords are good I'll end up buying multiple Vizziks just to convert them.

Krittok Foulbalde 9/10

I love a good martial hero, and Krittok is a good martial hero. His two mates hiding under his cloak are great. Only criticism: 

image.png.b297f5b9900cc93d63993d7488239946.png

I'm sure this will be fixable, but it's the dirt if thing that bugs me no end.

Master moulder 8/10

He's good, but he's a bit too busy to be perfect. He's a massive improvement on the previous minis though, that's for sure. But disappointed we didn't get Multi-part Rat Ogors though.

Stormvermin 10/10

I love me some elite infantry (or in this case, "elite") and these sculpts are great. 

Arch-warlock 9/10

He's weird, but in a good way. Yes, he's a bit Adechy, but that's fine. Finally Skryre are going beyond their WHFB routes in doing new science.

Warlock Galvaneer 8/10

He's simple, but I really like him. He looks like he's having his best day ever, zapping the enemies of Skavendom with his (presumably extremely unstable) lightning gun.

Acolyte Globadiers 9/10

Love em, but I'm worried they'll be incredibly fragile, so I'm deducting a point.

Warpspark Weapon Battery 10/10

I was honestly not expecting all three weapons teams to actually get redone, so the fact that they have been is just great. The fact that they're awesome is even greater.

Warp grinder 7/10

I didn't really like the big warpstone spike thing, but otherwise it's a cool mini.

Doom-flayer 9/10

A lovely glow-up of a mini I actually quite liked already. I how they're good in game.

• LOVE IT! 1

59 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

They look so good. Honestly, I know a lot of the minis are updates but they're such good updates. Affordable globadiers for all lol.

However... Sprue glue required?

image.png.99bcbf2e23b2301ff4b6fa953d7e6fa3.png

It seems that it is a design feature. It's on the back of the character too. A couple of stitches would have made it better. But it's nothing that some greenstuff or plastic glue can't fix.

Edited by Tonhel

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

It seems that it is a design feature. It's on the back of the character too. A couple of stitches would have made it better. But it's nothing that some greenstuff or plastic glue can't fix.

The way they've painted it seems to reinforce that it's an intentional feature, too. Odd, but like you say, easily patchable.  

7 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Concerning the gaps in Krittoks cloak the Skaventide Rat Ogors have same grooves:

image.png.237afd5f62b3b5a90fb19359370a5af5.png

So its clearly not just sub assembly gaps but a deliberate choice. Probably to represent poorly stitched together cloth. Now weither or not you like them is another question but I haven't seen anybody complain about these on the Rat Ogors

Super weird choice. It looks exactly like an assembly gap. Doesn't read like layered or ragged cloth at all.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Also about the list of rumours we had before the reveal

Its interesting how nearly everything was perfectly correct (even the name Vizzik Skour) but the the Clawlord on palanquin was wrong and it was Krittok Foulblade instead and no Wolfrats.
I guess the palanquin thing could be explained if there is art in the battletome of Krittok Foulblade on one that they tought would also represent the model but was just artwork after all and the Wolfrats could be somebody only seeing that single model without the rest of the weapon team but still kinda strange.
Maybe things that were modelled but didn't work out, maybe coming at a later point (end of edition campaign, warcry?)

The palanquin was not a leak but something that was wishlisted from the Skaventide novel.

Vizzik really pushes Skreech Verminking out of the way as the preeminent skaven Big Bad, just an infinitely better mini.

The humble weapons teams are the standout for me though. Really impressive how you can build any combination of the guns, getting three of each out of a single kit and still having them look distinctive.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, michu said:

Really? I vastly prefer Skreech both as a miniature and character. 

Honestly nothing really made me truly excited in this preview. 

I kind of want to say ‘what character’? It’s unfortunate but there’s not really anything to Skreech in terms of personality or defining characteristics other than being made of a former council of 13, and being master of all four elements, so to speak.

We don’t know much about Vizzik yet but he at least has this whole high priest and magical orator angle going on.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

I think this is very likely. Eshin didn't really lend themselves to big stuff, being the clan on sneaky special ops. But they are ideally suited to a Hunters of Huanchi style warband.

I agree I can almost gurantee that there will be new Gutter Runners and Temple Guard for Warcry.

16 minutes ago, michu said:

And that's what I don't like about him. Skreech technically already was the herald of the GHR. Vizzik is unnecessary. 

A major part of the Skaven identity is bickering and infighting. Setting up Vizzik as rival to Skreech feels like a perfect addition, which should aid in the character development of Skreech if gw do it right. As for the minis, the top half of Skreech is great but I really don’t like the standing on the blade pose  or the small hooves. Vizzik is a solid 10 throughout. 

As for the reveal overall, is was awesome unless you are specifically an eshin  or pestilens fan but we’ve known this was going to be the case for months. Aside from Vizzik, I was particularly impressed by the weapon teams. Lots of different types of weapons and lots of poses on the Skaven. The Skaven pushing the cart and the pack rats are particularly inspired choices. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So with Stormvermin getting that elite infantry i wonder other faction need that elite units?

• COS--->Greatswords/Freeguild Knights
    • image.png.70bab8efb60f16db5c85d7d3d1b6c2d6.png
  • SBG--->Grave guard
    • New Graveguard sculpts soon? : r/SoulblightGravelords
  • DINO---->Temple guard
    • Temple Guard by daarken on DeviantArt
  • OM--->Ironguts
    • Against the Ogres | Tabletop Campaign Repository
  • DT---->Doomed knights?
    • Total War on X: "Riding on the discs of Tzeentch, there is no escaping the Doom  Knights who've won this round! https://t.co/fearXxm3Lz" / X

You got the most important faction in there! 👍

I feel like DoT shouldn‘t get more guys on discs though as that’s done by Enlightened and Skyfires already…. Although the extra movement would be amazing. Or make the discs optional? Or make a new Fatemaster with spells and better armor to have a proper lord of Tzeentch! What they need are Chosen who can cast spells, I think the Exalted Sorcerers of 40k are a cool blueprint. 

Oh and NO chicken legs. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I'm really interested if we are going to see any elite unit for Kharadrons in the near future.

Grundstock thunderers are closer, but they are more about being a defensive ranged unit than a true elite unit like Chosen, Ironguts, Trolls, Paladins/Anihilators, Hearthguard, etc...

• Like 3