The Rumour Thread

I‘m not a Skaven player, but I really like all of the new minis, especially the globadiers and Vizzik.

One minor nitpick regarding vizzik are his teeth. To me they do not look imposing and remind me more of neglected or mutated rabbit teeth. A sharper form would look more sinister to me. Or maybe sharper sculpted teeth plus a more canine position.

Nevertheless, I am really happy for all of the skaven player and I am really looking forward to the stormcast reveal!

4 minutes ago, HolyPestilence said:

One minor nitpick regarding vizzik are his teeth. To me they do not look imposing and remind me more of neglected or mutated rabbit teeth. A sharper form would look more sinister to me. Or maybe sharper sculpted teeth plus a more canine position.

20240811_185247.jpg.7db41abecdcd31839d3ab43b08b20f21.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ok, so:

Vizzik Scour: 10/10, what can i say. The model, the staff, the little ratties... This is going to be a marvel to paint

Krittock: 10/10 Im interested, but seems like the more going on for him are his rules. He serms to have veru fun gimmicka

Master Moulder: 10/10. All the line has been greatly inspired by John Blanche, but this model feels like the blanchest of all. Love him, man.

Arch-warlock: 10/10 diferent from Ikit Claw, but not too much something else

Warlock galvaneer: 10/10 Warlock Galvaneer

Stormvermin 10/10. Just ****** awesome, a great update to a decent kit.

Globadiers 10/10. The only gw kit that woll come out cheaper than the original option.

Weapon battery 10/10. I kean, damn, look at those options. Gotta love the new weapon teams, and the wolfrat carrier

Warp-grinder. 10/10. Confused towards why the guy is going separate. Abdbindunno if his rules are that useful. But, goddamnit, hes awesome nonetheless

Doom flayers. 10/10 another great, whats to say

Disapointed to not see separate sprues for the clanrats, tho

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ok, so:

Vizzik Scour: 10/10, what can i say. The model, the staff, the little ratties... This is going to be a marvel to paint

Krittock: 10/10 Im interested, but seems like the more going on for him are his rules. He serms to have veru fun gimmicka

Master Moulder: 10/10. All the line has been greatly inspired by John Blanche, but this model feels like the blanchest of all. Love him, man.

Arch-warlock: 10/10 diferent from Ikit Claw, but not too much something else

Warlock galvaneer: 10/10 Warlock Galvaneer

Stormvermin 10/10. Just ****** awesome, a great update to a decent kit.

Globadiers 10/10. The only gw kit that woll come out cheaper than the original option.

Weapon battery 10/10. I kean, damn, look at those options. Gotta love the new weapon teams, and the wolfrat carrier

Warp-grinder. 10/10. Confused towards why the guy is going separate. Abdbindunno if his rules are that useful. But, goddamnit, hes awesome nonetheless

Doom flayers. 10/10 another great, whats to say

Disapointed to not see separate sprues dor the clanrats, tho

If everything is 10/10 nothing is 10/10! Give at least something 11/10 😄

• Haha 2

My opinion from the follow-up release:

Vizzik Skour, Prophet of the Horned Rat: 10/10. A really pleasant surprise. IMO the best Skaven model to date. It is even an 11/10 considering his appearance improves Kragnos' lore.

Krittok Foulblade: 7/10. It would be a 9/10 if it wouldn't have the foot and cloak problem. Especially the latest, as everyone thinks the team assembled him wrong.

Brood Terror: 5/10. Too much moulder. Hard to distinguish and expensive considering its size. One of the worst minis from the follow-up wave.

Thanquol and Boneripper: Why was this even in the preview, GW? /facepalm

Master Moulder: 6/10. Has the same problem as the Brood Terror, but at least the weapon is cool.

Stormvermin: 9/10. Pretty solid.

Arch-Warlock: 9/10. It would be a 10/10 if it woulnd't feel so convoluted. The face is especially cool.

Warlock Galvaneer: 7/10. Better with the leaked head.

Acolyte Globadiers: 10/10. The second best just after Vizzik. The WWI vibes gives them an awesome touch. Solid refresh. Hopefully Pestilens is up to this level.

Warpspark Weapon Battery: 8/10. It would be a 10/10 if the amount of customisable options on the crew matched the weapons. I feel they will feel clones with different weapons if you have try to create all the different weapon options.

Warp-Grinder: 7/10. One of those models that are ok-ish. Nothing specially stunning nor wrong.

Doom-Flayers: 8/10. One of the faces five me those Eshin monkey vibes.

Battletome & new Reduced Battletome Option: 8/10. New cover. I prefer the style of the reduced version with its white string. Lets see the prices, because I feel the reduced version will have the same price as the full BT, considering it is a book and some cards.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I kind of want to say ‘what character’? It’s unfortunate but there’s not really anything to Skreech in terms of personality or defining characteristics other than being made of a former council of 13, and being master of all four elements, so to speak.

We don’t know much about Vizzik yet but he at least has this whole high priest and magical orator angle going on.

Agreed, Vizzik is an incredible mini that improves on the Verminlord sculpt so much.

He's also an AoS original character, which is a big plus to me since it really expands the setting. He's also set up for an interesting rivalry with Skreech now that the GHR has ascended to a proper god, so it makes sense it's producing more daemons too.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

I wonder if Thanquol will do anything in the narrative, at the moment I don’t really see the point of having kept him in the setting rather than just making the model a Rat Ogor riding Grey Seer generic character. Even in the Gotrek books I’ve read, he’s mentioned maybe once in passing.

3 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

I wonder if Thanquol will do anything in the narrative, at the moment I don’t really see the point of having kept him in the setting rather than just making the model a Rat Ogor riding Grey Seer generic character. Even in the Gotrek books I’ve read, he’s mentioned maybe once in passing.

I think he's going to reappear in Verminslayer. Skaven were both teased at the end of Blightslayer, and we know Thanquol is mad at Gotrek.

24 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Did you all enjoy the new Skaven models?

Wait until you all see the mini Doomwheel! 

Loving the return of rumours and leaks to the rumour thread, thanks!

Do you know about anything beyond the Skaven and Stormcast releases? With the lack of a roadmap so far it would be lovely to have anything to look forward to for non-Skaven/non-SCE players!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Loving the return of rumours and leaks to the rumour thread, thanks!

Do you know about anything beyond the Skaven and Stormcast releases? With the lack of a roadmap so far it would be lovely to have anything to look forward to for non-Skaven/non-SCE players!

Ah. Forgot the lack of a roadmap in my review. I am starting to think we won't have a roadmap at all. Not even during Nova.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Underworlds? Warcry? Alt build? Warhammer plus?  Gw suggested this was everything coming to Skaven in the next 12 months. 

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

If everything is 10/10 nothing is 10/10! Give at least something 11/10 😄

Hard to actually tell before building and painting, it depends on which is less of a pain in the ass to materialise, lol.

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Underworlds? Warcry? Alt build? Warhammer plus?  Gw suggested this was everything coming to Skaven in the next 12 months. 

Warcom? Being inconsistent about their statements? Our warcom????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Wow even more skaven? If they do a character on a mini-doomwheel i may make a whole hamster-wheel army

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1