The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't think we will have one.

This is my suspicion as well. I could be completely wrong, but I don't see the business benefit of having a long road map. I do see how it could be limiting for GW. (Especially when they are about to embark on an 18+ month construction and expansion program relating to factory space and production

I foresee no road-maps (Or much shorter ones) less large-scale preview shows and more reveals via Warcom. 

Edited by Hollow

19 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Old world dawrfs this week

So happy to see the Arcane ruins returning. 

As a kid that was the one terrain piece I was fascinated by but didn't have the money to actually get it. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

they decide it's not worth upsetting people if they miss it.

The problem with long road maps when you have 24 factions is that you risk "upsetting" and alienating people when you announce them. If you collect and are only really interested in 1 faction, and you are told that your faction won't receive an update for many months, then that person may drift away from the system entirely. 

It also sets out terms for potential "failure", there are many reasons why it might be difficult to meet the expectations of a multi-month road map. I just think that it is an unnecessary, self-imposed restriction, that doesn't actually make much business sense. 

• Like 2

If we are lucky Angmar and HH book next Sunday and then we return to the Skavens/Blood Angels.

On other side we still have Legion Imperialis and Necromunda resin models to fit weeks. I am worried that Blood Angels comes first, but it looks that we are gonna have Skavens early September

• LOVE IT! 1

I'm firmly of the opinion that "Roadmap = good".

If I know Cities is getting a second wave next year, I'll save extra to get a Cogfort.
And if I know Cities won't get a second wave in the next 6-8 months, I'll buy more Fusiliers :D (and anxiously grumble that the course of the faction still isn't firmly set in stone despite already having 2 BTs and a sizeable first wave) and focus on my armies that'll get stuff before them.

If I don't know sh*t about what's coming in the future, I stop paying attention.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

40k 10th had had a couple of roadmaps and one pretty far in advance, so I don't see why AoS wouldn't unless things are so screwed up behind the scenes they decide it's not worth upsetting people if they miss it.

I think that's exactly the case. Things are even more screwed than we think.

8 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

If I know Cities is getting a second wave next year, I'll save extra to get a Cogfort.
And if I know Cities won't get a second wave in the next 6-8 months, I'll buy more Fusiliers :D (and anxiously grumble that the course of the faction still isn't firmly set in stone despite already having 2 BTs and a sizeable first wave) and focus on my armies that'll get stuff before them.

If I don't know sh*t about what's coming in the future, I stop paying attention.

I think both this and @Hollow comment make what happens.

23 minutes ago, Hollow said:

The problem with long road maps when you have 24 factions is that you risk "upsetting" and alienating people when you announce them. If you collect and are only really interested in 1 faction, and you are told that your faction won't receive an update for many months, then that person may drift away from the system entirely. 

It also sets out terms for potential "failure", there are many reasons why it might be difficult to meet the expectations of a multi-month road map. I just think that it is an unnecessary, self-imposed restriction, that doesn't actually make much business sense. 

Some will react in a positive way to the roadmap and some won't, so it has its cons and pros, but considering how messed up everything is lately, and that they are in the middle of an expanding process (which is never easy) there are more cons than pros, sadly.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

If we are lucky Angmar and HH book next Sunday and then we return to the Skavens/Blood Angels.

On other side we still have Legion Imperialis and Necromunda resin models to fit weeks. I am worried that Blood Angels comes first, but it looks that we are gonna have Skavens early September

Bring on Angmar. I havent been this excited for a MESBG release in years. And you know why?

ab71ffec-9e80-4546-bde4-182b4ae20be6_text.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

I have a more nuanced opinion regarding roadmaps. Like most things in life, there are pros and cons. I think having a quarterly Roadmap is ok, but I don't think having roadmaps stretching over 2/3 or even 4 quarters is a good thing overall. 

(Although I would approach reveals, previews, preview shows etc in an entirely different way to how it is currently done) 

• Like 5

GW might be hesitant to show of a new roadmap considering that the last one they revealed for 40k had the Deathwatch on it as a full faction, but was later revealed to be a red herring for the Agents of the imperium faction reveal.

38 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I can honestly say they are the best Troll/Troggoth models GW has ever done.

Mirebrute here. But they look fantastic! Now just need to see pricing and scale. I noticed a lot of their lotr trolls are 60mm so here's hoping so. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Some more TOW Dwarfs, the missing O&G character and Old World terrain up for pre-order next week.

Interestingly the Dwarf Miners come packaged with what I think was the Skull Pass cart?

BAy5wwMcpny0GnMF.jpg

Yeah the miners had a cart on their sprue - one with every five miners I think. Great that it has rules!

A quick note on the Skaven reveal- not a Skaven collector but I thought they all look great! Vizzik Skour is such an awesome model- brilliant centrepiece and will be on the desks of a lot of painters I think. Other fav is the moulder master- quite disturbing but I'd be tempted to get him just to paint. But once again a fantastic range - delighted for Skaven players/collectors!

• Like 1