The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

If we are lucky Angmar and HH book next Sunday and then we return to the Skavens/Blood Angels.

On other side we still have Legion Imperialis and Necromunda resin models to fit weeks. I am worried that Blood Angels comes first, but it looks that we are gonna have Skavens early September

by any chance do you know or predict when AOS novel are coming out like "On the shoulder of giants" Anthology? 

image.png.e144a392626446d6c7e46cd7fb829f45.png

50 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Can you solve this lightning round anagram? 

astrid pork steamrolls

In order of seriousness: Lord Aspirator, Lord Imperator, Lord Postmaster, Lord Amaretto?

Edited by ArtistDog
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

No way we are primarising the Vanguard chamber so quickly. Unleash the bloat BT again!

Hey Vanguard is based that they deserve that Thunderstike update

but honestly most of bloat is definitely coming from the Warrior chamber especially when you combine all the Extremis chamber to only 3 units

image.jpeg.7e1d83112c2c01c951c5733eddfe8b36.jpeg

4 hours ago, Star Weaver said:

Stormstrike Palladors

If this is true, I hope they keep the same sculptor. The gryph chargers themselves are some of my favourite models ever. It’s weird that they would update a sculpt that is great before doing the not so great dracoths. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, Chikout said:

If this is true, I hope they keep the same sculptor. The gryph chargers themselves are some of my favourite models ever. It’s weird that they would update a sculpt that is great before doing the not so great dracolines. 

you mean Dracoth & Star drakes which yeah they need a update and condensing 

Lord-Celestant on Dracoth

they deserve to be this cool

AoS List Of The Week: All Dracothians, All The Time - Bell of Lost Souls

Dracolines are these guys

Lore: What in the Mortal Realms is a Dracoline? - Warhammer Community

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Hey Vanguard is based that they deserve that Thunderstike update

but honestly most of bloat is definitely coming from the Warrior chamber especially when you combine all the Extremis chamber to only 3 units

image.jpeg.7e1d83112c2c01c951c5733eddfe8b36.jpeg

It is not about giving them Thunderstrike, it s about how quick we are doing it. If we start receiving Vanguard chamber minis, soon they will have everything upgraded, which would mean that again we will have brand new stuff only or everything will receive a new armour.

I prefer that we receive less stuff and other chambers like the Extremis or the Vanguard one be reserved for later editions so the SCE doesn't fall into the same problem again, because if they repeat the same problems over and over we will see not so far in time another big removal.

• Like 1

The Skaven models all amazing. All of them, which doesn't happen often. Vizzik may be the best "big, centrepiece" AoS model released, or at least a might contender for the title. This is from someone who never even considered collecting rats.

As a sidenote, GW's AoS recent streak of major releases has been unbelievably strong. I think it started with Seraphon (or so I remember), then CoS, FEC, Darkoath, now Stormcast and the Skaven. What is somewhat funny is that the main "good" factions (SCE and CoS) are the weakest of the bunch (my personal opinion, obviously); still very good, but the competition is fierce.

If they can keep such quality then I don't think they have to worry about the alleged rise of 3D printing as their "competition". I also wonder what direction 40k will take... I like both settings, but the recent AoS minis are just another level.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Flippy said:

What is somewhat funny is that the main "good" factions (SCE and CoS) are the weakest of the bunch (my personal opinion, obviously); still very good, but the competition is fierce.

Bad guys have more fun.

I totally agree with what you're saying.... AoS has been lavished with solid gold good stuff for the last few years. I dunno why people are still bothering with 40k... hah! 

@Dragon-knight77 as this Stormstrike Palladors message came right before I went to bed I think I felt victim of a classic blunder.

Classic Blunders GIF - Classic Blunders - Discover & Share GIFs

My head read Thuderstrike Palladors, but it is Stormstrike Palladors. The only Stormstrike we have right now is...

Stormstrike Chariot

The Stormstrike Chariot!

So I think we can expect a more armoured version of the Vanguard Palladors. Something similar to the old Empire/CoS demigryhps.

Vanguard-Palladors

Empire Demigryph Knights

I think using spears is a niche that SCE don't have covered in mounts outside of the Dracothian guard, which is for sure something that is going to be changed sooner rather than later, so my guess is the Chariot grhyps with a bit more armour riding Stormcasts with spears. All of this from the Warrior Chamber, so we don't have to worry about the Vanguard chamber yet.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 9

Shame the Arcane Ruins and Warhammer Hills appear to be GW Direct Only, but definitely pleased about that Fortified Manor - and the fact these aren't a short window Made-to-Order only. Gives me hope for more The Old World terrain; Warscryer Citadel / Skullvane Manse please!

15 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Since it contains the chapel, watchtower and walls and fences, it is even at a discount compared to buying them all separately.

I was doing some maths. It contains 6 sprues. If you manage to get a 25% discount it costs almost the same as the Hachette issues in terms of sprue pricing. Awesome considering how mithic this kit is and how overpriced it was in second hand markets.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

93 euros for the Fortified Manor is not too bad indeed. 

Not bad at all! Didn't expect that. Certainly when you can get it with a discount.

Edit: I can imagine that this set will be very popular.

Edited by Tonhel