The Rumour Thread

47 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I was doing some maths. It contains 6 sprues. If you manage to get a 25% discount it costs almost the same as the Hachette issues in terms of sprue pricing. Awesome considering how mithic this kit is and how overpriced it was in second hand markets.

All I know is that I am really looking forward to getting another chapel for sub €40 and for all those ebay scalpers to get their "investments" blown out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Going to assume today the Sanguinor and Saguinary guard reveal today since apparently Gencon cancelation kick 40k announcement schedule in the privates

Also, I think Kill Team infested our preview because it was supposed to be shown in Gen Con as well... why introducing it in an AoS preview rather than in a warcom post... don't know. It feels like they are rushing to put it all out before Nova.

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, I think Kill Team infested our preview because it was supposed to be shown in Gen Con as well... why introducing it in an AoS preview rather than in a warcom post... don't know. It feels like they are rushing to put it all out before Nova.

We had a Legion Imperialis preview during an AoS exclusive preview. It is not the first time.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Going to assume today the Sanguinor and Saguinary guard reveal today since apparently Gencon cancelation kick 40k announcement schedule in the privates

Really curious how Stormcasty the they'll look like.
Wait, my someone posted the Sanguinor in my group chat!

Spoiler

image.png.c8a6bfd57588d0b33f2927d5601b4527.png

But I may seriously consider getting a few Blood Angels if the Sanguinor is on the same or similar level as the Lion or Guilliman. I already have the old Primaris upgrade sprue from a used stuff lot.

If we put those new Stormcast with retrojet next to any of the stuff announced for the Skavens, they look like they were sculpted five years ago. I don't know what is happening with 40k's quality, but it is not GW's strength at all lately.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

If we put those new Stormcast with retrojet next to any of the stuff announced for the Skavens, they look like they were sculpted five years ago. I don't know what is happening with 40k's quality, but it is not GW's strength at all lately.

I also don't vibe with this particular style of Space Marines at all. Between the new Blood Angels, Coteaz and that Custodes character from a while back, I think that maybe gold Space Marine armour just kind of looks bad.

But also

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Baron I_oyd said:

Yeah I dont vibe with these at all..these look better Sanguinary Guard - Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum

Yeah, I'll have to disagree with that. Aside from the banner, the new ones look better but mostly just because of the proportions. The old mini all looks ridiculously squat now. The Sanguinor is a direct copy but no longer has an angelic face which is a weird choice that makes the new version worse. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I also don't vibe with this particular style of Space Marines at all. Between the new Blood Angels, Coteaz and that Custodes character from a while back, I think that maybe gold Space Marine armour just kind of looks bad.

They're all starting to look like extra-rubbishy versions of Stormcast to me. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The thing is that oldschool Sanguinary Guard, the original Custodes models and even the new Commander Dante all still hold up.

• Like 1

The Sanguinor is fine, not going to win any awards for me but still fine.

The Sanguinary Guard on the other are even worse than I thought and I already came to terms with them losing their wings since that has been in the rumours for a while now.
But they look like somebody just kitbashed Stormcast together with Jump Intercessor and called it a day, they are just missing any flavor for me.
Just look at the Inner Circle Compansions as the DA equivalent and they scream DA to me. These do not do the same for BA

• Like 6