The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

My god i can belive we're at the age where Stormcast has mogged on the Blood angels from their Death company to their Saguinary guard

1723465201993578m.jpg.d277444c61c6734d37cdeb818f29737d.jpg

NOVA going to a bloodbath if they reveal the lighting ghiest

We are going back to the Age of Chaos.

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

My god i can belive we're at the age where Stormcast has mogged on the Blood angels from their Death company to their Saguinary guard

mLtrj5Os0b33IYQA.jpg

The side-by-side of these two models makes the Sanguinor look so bad in comparison. And people didn't even like the Azyros that much when it was revealed!

• Like 2

Man those sanguinary guard are such an improvement. No big dumb wings clanking around, no horrible chunky 5th ed bling, better weapons. The masks aren’t as good as true previous ones but otherwise they’re great.

They’re miles from the Coateaz update, which was just weird and flat. These are a meaningful update to the old ones, does what it says on the tin.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Just now, Chikout said:

Having no new miniatures is certainly a bold choice. Surely they could rustle up something in resin especially as there seems to be a new character in the rules? 

And here we go, S2D losing at least three minis into ToW.

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warriors of Chaos for The Old World. That came out of nowhere. Doesn't appear to be any new models though. Be interesting to see what this means for kits like the Manticore and On-Foot Lord going forward for AoS.

I am not that familiar with the Chaos/Slaves to Darkness range. Are those Chaos Warriors and Knights the old plastic kits that are being re-released?

If so, it seems like the TOW/AoS range separation idea is definitely looking pretty solid. The Chaos Chariot is the same as the one in the current S2D Spearhead, though, right?

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warriors of Chaos for The Old World. That came out of nowhere. Doesn't appear to be any new models though. Be interesting to see what this means for kits like the Manticore and On-Foot Lord going forward for AoS.

It is pretty sad that GenCon was cancelled... it was a decent one in the end. IMO this means no ToW for NOVA

39 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Now I finally realize who that guy reminds me of… it‘s as if you‘d smash Zoltun Kulle (what a cool voice he had… and part of the whorehadrim, I mean… life goooals!) and one of the angels from Diablo together! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Having no new miniatures is certainly a bold choice. Surely they could rustle up something in resin especially as there seems to be a new character in the rules? 

Yeah that's the weirdest part to me. No fanfare is odd, but not having something new to spice it up like the others is kind of weird.

Just now, Chikout said:

Are we sure? Cities still haven't lost the Duardin. In any case I'm hoping we see replacements rather than losses. 

You can not buy them with round bases. They will stay in AoS but without buying them.

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I am not that familiar with the Chaos/Slaves to Darkness range. Are those Chaos Warriors and Knights the old plastic kits that are being re-released?

If so, it seems like the TOW/AoS range separation idea is definitely looking pretty solid. The Chaos Chariot is the same as the one in the current S2D Spearhead, though, right?

Correct. 

I guess there's only so much separation they could realistically do and bit the bullet on certain things. Steam Tanks and Luminarks are probably in a similar position... for now. It's possible when the Slaves To Darkness battletome releases they'll get stripped out (or receive an AoS-specific replacement), as a few units have been in 40k Indexes and then vanished a few months later with their codexes. James has been very trim-happy in the last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Are we sure? Cities still haven't lost the Duardin. In any case I'm hoping we see replacements rather than losses. 

With S2D being rumoured/ speculated as one of the first books and how long it takes for ToW to release its content it wouldn't be weird if we have the Battletome around the same time and it confirms they are either gone or replaced.

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Soo I have not followed the releases of Old World impacting AOS rules, should I assume that my Chariot and Manticore are being put to pasture? 

Ooh the nostalgia!!

Returning plastics though... includes 3 plastic kits that never went away??

SEEEEE... I was all up for starting StD for 4th Ed AOS and now the doubt has been stoked again and I'm not going to buy anything.

Ooo-wee. That’s a lot of Chaos. Take it from us; if you type the word ‘Chaos’ often enough it really does lose all meaning. 

Lol.