The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Don't know if this means anything to anyone, but Valrak just off-handedly confirmed that Chaos Dwarfs are coming for Sigmar and that he's seen them. We already heard from Whitefang, of course, but just figured I'd bring it up.

image.png.43c9f61ae530e6ab780f0b90aad2cacf.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Don't know if this means anything to anyone, but Valrak just off-handedly confirmed that Chaos Dwarfs are coming for Sigmar and that he's seen them. We already heard from Whitefang, of course, but just figured I'd bring it up.

What this adds, IMO, is that if he saw them, they could be coming earlier than many of us thought.

• Like 4

Hmm, I recall a lot of army launches happening in the Fall: Leagues of Votann, Sons of Behemat, Lumineth Realm-lords, Ossiarch Bonereapers, and of course the edition posterboy expansions (Necrons, Tyranids, Skaven, etc.)

But there have been others released at other times. I believe both Idoneth and Soulblight were released during Spring or early Summer. Same with Seraphon. World Eaters were released in January. So it's anyone's guess really.

The reason I lean toward later in the year is because I feel like things are usually pretty quiet for the first year or so of the new edition. 

53 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What this adds, IMO, is that if he saw them, they could be coming earlier than many of us thought.

Could be but he also has rumor for Eldar, Votann, Krieg and even apparently 11th edition Ork vs Space wolves so it could come the end of this year (as that the earliest anything will be reveal after edition drop) to middle of next year

8 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

Are we sure it’s today for reveal, or was it in reference to the video he posted today at 12? Which is the eternity gate animation?  

yep it was the eternity gate animation. Was on stream today going "ALL I SAID WAS SANGUINIOUS WAS COMING I DIDN'T SAY A MODEL DON'T BLAME ON ME FOR HYPING YOUR LIES"

lol

6 hours ago, Sahrial said:

I once pitched, semi in jest, semi for serious, what if sometime way pre heresy the emperor sent a secret seed fleet out on a multi generational voyage to settle and colonize some part of the universe/galaxy even beyond the scope of anything they knew about, and they were supposed to be welcomed back thousands of years later when he finished his webways project and expanded it /somehow I dunno Macguffin/ but obviously that didn’t happen, so they waited and evolved and are their own mix of Terran and Astartes and new stuff and hey maybe some xenos coalition and they finally decided to send a fleet and figure out what the heck went wrong cause obviously something went wrong, so these strange ships show up and see the tyranids and gene stealer cults and demons and a zombie on a throne and go “what the HELL did you guys do while we were gone” and proceed to start invading/re-taking imperial worlds under the guise of the true imperium that hasn’t fallen into weird cult military facism and yknow just throw another faction into the mix that’s still human based but can get crazy with the aesthetic and design plan

Essentially the Foundation of Asimov's Galactic empire!

More on topic, I guess I'd better start saving for the coming of the Chaos Duardin then...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BTW reading the Talhia book right now when done i post a semi-review but mostly interesting things in the book that can be potential new model down the road for Cities of Sigmar & solidifying some beliefs/rumors

for right now the prologue has a one eye city dwarf fire a multi-barrel cannon at the raiding chaos warriors to take that as you will

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

BTW reading the Talhia book right now when done i post a semi-review but mostly interesting things in the book that can be potential new model down the road for Cities of Sigmar & solidifying some beliefs/rumors

for right now the prologue has a one eye city dwarf fire a multi-barrel cannon at the raiding chaos warriors to take that as you will

When in the timeline is the Thalia book set? Is it pre Dawnbringers?

47 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Please get back to us when you are done.

I need want those book units.

7 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Where did you see/ hear this?

6 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

It would be so funny if Cities had a bigger Dwarf release than the whole roster of KOs or Fyreslayers

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Sorry who is Valrak and why would he know anything.

Also he had a youtube channel and he is claiming he seen the chaos dwarf models. I call BS he has seen the models and is openly admitting it on his channel.

Isnt that why whitefang is anonoymous and only drops hints?

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Stormy1486 said:

Also he had a youtube channel and he is claiming he seen the chaos dwarf models. I call BS he has seen the models and is openly admitting it on his channel.

He doesn’t work for GW or anything so he can say what he wants if he’s seen the models. He’s a primarily 40k rumour monger with a really good track record in that space so definitely has sources somewhere. 

25 minutes ago, Stormy1486 said:

Valrak is a well known 40k YouTuber who for the last few years has had a very good track record. That said he doesn't care about AoS. I'm not a fan of his style but I skimmed through his latest livestream to check the news.  The comment about Chaos Duardin was a throwaway comment in the middle of a 40k focused stream. He just said I've seen them and didn't elaborate. He could easily have meant that he's seen the rumours. 

That said he has seen 40k models months in advance before so it's not impossible he's seen actual models.

As for the release it's not uncommon to have a major release in late winter or early spring after a new edition. It wouldn't surprise me to see Chaos Duardin in the same timeframe we got Kroot this year. If that's true Lvo next year will probably be the first time we see minis. 

@Lich King Regarding Nova, I don't expect to see anything for AoS except Stormcast with the outside possibility of getting a road map. Given the lack of rumours, I don't expect to see anything for Ogors until after the Chaos Duardin,  maybe a winter 2025 or spring 2026 release. 

I can't believe the Blood Angels is the last major release for 40k this year especially as it's only 6 kits. I think we'll see a release for either guard, Eldar or Votann this autumn. 

I'd really like to see something for underworlds and warcry. If this is Underworlds' last season, they're still missing a warband. 

1 hour ago, Lich King said:

Any expectations for the Nova preview ? Ogres please 

Considering we will see all the SCE I doubt we will have something else meaty for AoS. If they show us Ogres it wouldn't be good, IMO, as it would mean hero + BT treatment for another edition.

43 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Valrak is a well known 40k YouTuber who for the last few years has had a very good track record. That said he doesn't care about AoS. I'm not a fan of his style but I skimmed through his latest livestream to check the news.  The comment about Chaos Duardin was a throwaway comment in the middle of a 40k focused stream. He just said I've seen them and didn't elaborate. He could easily have meant that he's seen the rumours. 

That said he has seen 40k models months in advance before so it's not impossible he's seen actual models.

For Valrak he doesn't normally see the models, he only gets them described to him. So for example he knew for a while now that the new Sanguinary Guard won't have wings and come in 3s  as that was described to him but as far as I remeber he didn't say anything about the helmets for example that is another characteristic that many talked about after the offical reveal, likely because he never saw them himself.

Thats also why he had that wrong rumour of a Black Templar Ancient back with their 9th Codex since there was an image of a conversion in the Codex so whoever is his source just described that model to him and he assumed it would be a new kit.

So I doubt he has seen actual models for Chaos Duardin. Its likely either he got a description how they look but doesn't care enough to clarify so just says he has seen them or he really just meant he saw the rumours.

Edited by Matrindur

10 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Valrak is late on the party 😂

7 months ago on this forum 

NY1q8KL.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lich King said:

Any expectations for the Nova preview ? Ogres please 

Ok, I'm ready: a new warcry season with a skaven band, and a warhammer+ skaven model.

Alltho, I'll pick these expectations with a bit of salt.

• Thanks 1