The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Don't know if this means anything to anyone, but Valrak just off-handedly confirmed that Chaos Dwarfs are coming for Sigmar and that he's seen them. We already heard from Whitefang, of course, but just figured I'd bring it up.

Just to manage everybody's expectations.......

1. Chapter Master Valrak job is making content for people to watch
  2. He is mainly focused on 40K and Space Marines
  3. Chapter Master Valrak job is making content for people to watch

While I'm excited about the followers of Hashut coming as a range to AOS, I do have a bag of salt. I enjoy watching Valrak's videos and he is super passionate about 40K but this means anything outside of that he is less interested in. It's possible that he has seen something which somebody has said is for AOS but it may not have been (thinking prototype model or even a custom STL somebody has made). He may also be repeating some of the rumours generated by this topic.

So not to pour water on enthusiasm, just keep in the back of your mind that he may not have seen something for AOS, he's got muddled up because it's not something he is super excited about, and if he has seen stuff it could be a long way away.

PS - also note, when I generally make a post like this saying I don't think X edition will appear or Y thing will happen - it happens! But this post is just to manage peoples expectations. ;) 

PPS - If anybody from GW is reading this, I'm available for any reaction videos for Chaos Dwarfs being reimagined into AOS. Look how happy I am in this profile photo

image.png.50e6c2e36f4795432d46535b9bf44c39.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Don't know if this means anything to anyone, but Valrak just off-handedly confirmed that Chaos Dwarfs are coming for Sigmar and that he's seen them. We already heard from Whitefang, of course, but just figured I'd bring it up.

I hope you all have your wallets ready..because if you think the new Stormcast and Skaven look dope..ahhahaa

22 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Valrak reports EVERY 40K rumour, so his track record is mixed at best. But Chaos Duardin are pretty much all but confirmed at this point anyway.

His track record of late is spot on to be honest. For example he called.krieg vs kommandos for KT and we know how that (and many others) panned out.

You could argue a wrong clock is correct twice a day but we know that they're on the way. However, they could be a year out without much difficulty. Sept/ October presumably will be skaven and stormcast for hefty releases. Presumably something in November and they'll be it for big releases before 2025?

If they drop chaos dwarves and Emperor's children within the same time period I'm financially screwed. The family thankfully like bread and cheap noodle packs... (A joke, just in case.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 01rtb01 said:

His track record of late is spot on to be honest. For example he called.krieg vs kommandos for KT and we know how that (and many others) panned out.

You could argue a wrong clock is correct twice a day but we know that they're on the way. However, they could be a year out without much difficulty. Sept/ October presumably will be skaven and stormcast for hefty releases. Presumably something in November and they'll be it for big releases before 2025?

If they drop chaos dwarves and Emperor's children within the same time period I'm financially screwed. The family thankfully like bread and cheap noodle packs... (A joke, just in case.)

Chaos dawi are done few years..they kinda had to push them back lil bit

34 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Just to manage everybody's expectations.......

1. Chapter Master Valrak job is making content for people to watch
  2. He is mainly focused on 40K and Space Marines
  3. Chapter Master Valrak job is making content for people to watch

While I'm excited about the followers of Hashut coming as a range to AOS, I do have a bag of salt. I enjoy watching Valrak's videos and he is super passionate about 40K but this means anything outside of that he is less interested in. It's possible that he has seen something which somebody has said is for AOS but it may not have been (thinking prototype model or even a custom STL somebody has made). He may also be repeating some of the rumours generated by this topic.

So not to pour water on enthusiasm, just keep in the back of your mind that he may not have seen something for AOS, he's got muddled up because it's not something he is super excited about, and if he has seen stuff it could be a long way away.

PS - also note, when I generally make a post like this saying I don't think X edition will appear or Y thing will happen - it happens! But this post is just to manage peoples expectations. ;) 

PPS - If anybody from GW is reading this, I'm available for any reaction videos for Chaos Dwarfs being reimagined into AOS. Look how happy I am in this profile photo

image.png.50e6c2e36f4795432d46535b9bf44c39.png

Cool Fyreslayer cosplay!

14 minutes ago, Baron I_oyd said:

Chaos dawi are done few years..they kinda had to push them back lil bit

Source? Wouldn't surprise me at all, to be honest. Especially knowing how everything has been changed to fit the weird removals from 3rd edition.

Edited by Ejecutor

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Source? Wouldn't surprise me at all, to be honest. Especially knowing how everything has been changed to fit the weird removals from 3rd edition.

cant share the name of the person, but he is very conected with GW, but yes 3rd ed was true poostorm for AoS team..lets hope GW stop trying to make each setting diff, so we can breath 

Edited by Gaz Taylor
swearing

28 minutes ago, Baron I_oyd said:

cant share the name of the person, but he is very conected with GW, but yes 3rd ed was true poostorm for AoS team..lets hope GW stop trying to make each setting diff, so we can breath 

I don’t know the validity of this but AoS 3rd edition was almost certainly the victim of the Covid hangover. GW’s lead time on miniatures is usually about two years but David Waeselynck shared on instagram that he designed the Morbheg Knights during lockdown. That’s 3 and a half years between design and release. If FEC was delayed by more than a year it wouldn’t surprise me if Chaos Duardin suffered a similar fate. It would make sense if gw chose to prioritise 40k in the aftermath of Covid. 
The good news is that could mean we get a very full AoS release schedule in 4th edition as they catch up. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I don’t know the validity of this but AoS 3rd edition was almost certainly the victim of the Covid hangover. GW’s lead time on miniatures is usually about two years but David Waeselynck shared on instagram that he designed the Morbheg Knights during lockdown. That’s 3 and a half years between design and release. If FEC was delayed by more than a year it wouldn’t surprise me if Chaos Duardin suffered a similar fate. It would make sense if gw chose to prioritise 40k in the aftermath of Covid. 
The good news is that could mean we get a very full AoS release schedule in 4th edition as they catch up. 

Not to mention the issues they’ve had in production the last few years. We’ve seen a completed terrain range be pulled without release, so delays to army releases aren’t really hard to believe.

3 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Not to mention the issues they’ve had in production the last few years. We’ve seen a completed terrain range be pulled without release, so delays to army releases aren’t really hard to believe.

Thank god they are buying some new factories

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Valrak is a well known 40k YouTuber who for the last few years has had a very good track record. That said he doesn't care about AoS. I'm not a fan of his style but I skimmed through his latest livestream to check the news.  The comment about Chaos Duardin was a throwaway comment in the middle of a 40k focused stream. He just said I've seen them and didn't elaborate. He could easily have meant that he's seen the rumours. 

That said he has seen 40k models months in advance before so it's not impossible he's seen actual models.

As for the release it's not uncommon to have a major release in late winter or early spring after a new edition. It wouldn't surprise me to see Chaos Duardin in the same timeframe we got Kroot this year. If that's true Lvo next year will probably be the first time we see minis. 

@Lich King

I'd really like to see something for underworlds and warcry. If this is Underworlds' last season, they're still missing a warband. 

Funny how everyone dissmised all roumors from that 4chan post but keept saying that UW is going away which was initally from same post. Even if true there is still 2 warband to be released in this season. But then I heard from local store menager something big is coming this autmun for UW that will make everyone want to play it. Maybe Space marines 😂

Edited by Aleser
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Funny how everyone dissmised all roumors from that 4chan post but keept saying that UW is going away which was initally from same post. Even if true there is still 2 warband to be released in this season. But then I heard from local store menager something big is coming this autmun for UW that will make everyone want to play it. Maybe Space marines 😂

The 4 people who play exclusively UW will be thrilled.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Chaos Dwarfs show up.... in Underworlds. 

I'm thinking this may have been the models he has seen. Not disputing that Chaos Dwarfs (or whatever they will be called) will appear in the core game, but no idea if it will be soon or even this edition. 

I hope they do as I have a soft spot for them and had a small army for them in 4th edition fantasy (painted black and silver/iron as my painting skills at the time were even less than what I have now!). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I'm thinking this may have been the models he has seen. Not disputing that Chaos Dwarfs (or whatever they will be called) will appear in the core game, but no idea if it will be soon or even this edition. 

I hope they do as I have a soft spot for them and had a small army for them in 4th edition fantasy (painted black and silver/iron as my painting skills at the time were even less than what I have now!). 

Gloomspite got an underworlds warband in Autumn 2018 followed by a full release in January 2019. Chaos Duardin could have the same schedule. I hope this is true. Right now I’m not excited about the release but that could change when I see the models. Getting an early preview would help me decide whether to wait or to commit to the Skaven.