The Rumour Thread

Just now, Ejecutor said:

What about the speculation about Darkoath being its own thing in the future? Moving the conversation from dawis soup to chaos desoup.

Very unlikely as the Darkoath is supposed to represent Lv. 1 chaos warrior compare to the max level all the rare gear Varanguard

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I know this is a joke but isn’t blood bowl deliberately GW’s least balanced game? 

In an odd way you’re right, and yet it is also one of the most balanced, due to having tiers and how tournies operate with them, it’s a high skill ceiling game for certain, especially with low tier teams, but one roll of a 1 and it’s all over 😂

Anyhow, I wonder if we will be blessed with a roadmap at Nova, it’ll be interesting to see the early battletome lineup, since they will be mostly armies receiving 1/2 models 

Chorfs don't really make sense in S2D as @Neil Arthur Hotep outlined but also to add to this, the S2D aethstetics and faction theme seem pretty set in stone at this point. Norse themed Barbarians backed up by heavily armoured warriors. I don't know if the addition of Byzantine-esque (or a different look for their re-introduction) makese sense in S2D

3 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Anyhow, I wonder if we will be blessed with a roadmap at Nova, it’ll be interesting to see the early battletome lineup, since they will be mostly armies receiving 1/2 models 

I'm not expecting any Roadmaps again. I think with some of the behind the scene issues that GW have had, they tie themselves up with Roadmaps. Anything being shown off will be what is coming out over next three months or so.

So if Chaos Dwarfs are shown, it will be soon. :D 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

When is the Nova thing, btw?

End of this month. I think on the 28th.

EDIT: 

THE NOVA OPEN

Tickets Go On Sale March 1st, 2024 @ 7pm EST Save the Dates - August 28-September 1st.

From Wednesday to Sunday. So it could be any day, but maybe on Saturday 31st.

Edited by Ejecutor

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What about the speculation about Darkoath being its own thing in the future? Moving the conversation from dawis soup to chaos desoup.

I doubt it personally. Marauders have been part of Chaos Warriors since ages and while they got expanded, I don‘t see them leave CW. The split might be more distinct in the future though but Warcry cultists will all go away, so there‘s room for cheaper units. 

STD is definitely one of those armies that got too much stuff compared to the tiny releases that could use more stuff. 

Which brings me to Dwarfs. They aren‘t as popular as Elves in general but have their loyal fanbase. I think both FS and KO need another wave desperately (those small armies at first might’ve been a good beginning but would be a stupid goal) and then ideally their tomes would get split again. Those two are simply nothing alike outside of their laughable heights. 😈

There‘s no chance Chorfs become part of StD now. Slaves already got a ton of units that fill all roles they are supposed to have and Chorfs need to go big (well, big‘s not the right word 😈) in their resurrection or GW shouldn‘t bother. 

I could however imagine Malerion to form a new tome with DoK personally. There‘s a lot of history, baggage and narrative overlap to team those up IMO. 

Long story short: give them all what they need but first give Tzeentch a wave of armored sorcerer-warriors, Aekold Helbrass and a huge Chaos dragon kit with options. Generic, maybe Egrimm, maybe Galrauch, it‘s perrrrfect. 😇

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Long story short: give them all what they need but first give Tzeentch a wave of armored sorcerer-warriors, Aekold Helbrass and a huge Chaos dragon kit with options. Generic, maybe Egrimm, maybe Galrauch, it‘s perrrrfect. 😇

Sign me up for this!

• LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Mr_Whateley said:

Sign me up for this!

Another fine gentleman to join our local cul- club I see, I‘m delighted! 🫶 Our numbers grow, slow but purposeful - the Society of Bird-Friendly Diplomats welcomes its newest acolyte! 

4 minutes ago, The Golem said:

Found these picture on Reddit. Looks like these minis will be sold in US/UK/Germany/Japan only.

5p6qlsj6kmid1.jpg

tadkkrj6kmid1.jpg

If you're from another region and want to avoid eBay scalping - try a forwarding service in Japan and nab them on Mandarake or Yahoo Auctions JP . Even with postage it's usually MUCH cheaper (at least in my part of the blue and green sphere we're riding on).

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Such a shame. They look awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I like the wizard… would make for a fine kitbash, he‘s got one of those classic poses, executed to perfection! 👍

You SCE need to steal even more of our bird shtick, then it‘s less work to repurpose your minis to a proper cause! 😎

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

I like the wizard… would make for a fine kitbash, he‘s got one of those classic poses, executed to perfection! 👍

You SCE need to steal even more of our bird shtick, then it‘s less work to repurpose your minis to a proper cause! 😎

The hardest one to get xD

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Peacock SCE to go!

5 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Peacock SCE to go!

Peacocks are traitors. Or get cruelly hunted down by Slaaneshites. It‘s either/or but since they don‘t manage to fight back the Slaaneshi pervs and they wear their feathers, they‘re obviously outcasts in bird culture. 👍

Crows and ravens also play for various teams, they don‘t need to apply to our happy circle either.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1