The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, The Golem said:

Found these picture on Reddit. Looks like these minis will be sold in US/UK/Germany/Japan only.

5p6qlsj6kmid1.jpg

tadkkrj6kmid1.jpg

love them! Finally living in Japan pays off. Though as has been said all the other heroes set have gone world wide eventually. They also tend to get used in the little one off board games they do. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Another fine gentleman to join our local cul- club I see, I‘m delighted! 🫶 Our numbers grow, slow but purposeful - the Society of Bird-Friendly Diplomats welcomes its newest acolyte! 

Don't tell others, but back in 2016 I wrote an article on my blog talking about those exact needs, wishing that would be the design direction that GW would take in 2017. I was SO WRONG I ended removing it years later in embarrassment. 

• Like 1

I speculate that AoS 4th edition will see many updates, releases, reboxings and the introduction of new stuff. I think that many factions will get a lot more than a single hero + Battletome treatment. I believe this because we know (The record-breaking) financials from 2023-24. GW will be aiming to break that record again over the next 12 months to complete a decade-long, non-stop year-on-year record-breaking period of growth and profits. They will not get there by coasting on minimal releases. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr_Whateley said:

Don't tell others, but back in 2016 I wrote an article on my blog talking about those exact needs, wishing that would be the design direction that GW would take in 2017. I was SO WRONG I ended removing it years later in embarrassment. 

No, no, NOT YOU, GW should be embarrassed for not following your superior guidance! 👍 

3 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

As a concept, Slaves to Darkness is about the general chaos worshippers, and not those who worship specific chaos gods. Slotting Chaos Dwarfs Hashut worshippers makes as much sense as putting Skaven in there.

And the armies don’t play at all like each other.

STD is supposed to be a tank melee army (unless you play Darkoath) that wants to move up the board to brawl on objectives or pin you in your deployment zone with cavalry (which was what you saw for some time in tournaments). 

Chorfs are a tank gunline army that wants to bombard the enemy to soften it up so their slow melee units can contest and capture objectives.

Adding one to the other would destroy their core gameplay and make them generic because they’d be best at range & melee… which is not their faction identity.

Chorfs are unique among Chaos because they’re the only Chaos faction with Skaven that have a strong ranged game. That’s why they need to remain with themselves and not with STD, so they can stay unique.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I speculate that AoS 4th edition will see many updates, releases, reboxings and the introduction of new stuff. I think that many factions will get a lot more than a single hero + Battletome treatment. I believe this because we know (The record-breaking) financials from 2023-24. GW will be aiming to break that record again over the next 12 months to complete a decade-long, non-stop year-on-year record-breaking period of growth and profits. They will not get there by coasting on minimal releases. 

Please be right! ❤️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

This is what I'm hoping. I'm also hoping that they will explore the universe and we will see more games in the setting. I would love to see a Warmaster/Epic type game set in the mortal realms, as you could have Godbeasts and other large monsters in it. You wouldn't even have to have it as ranked units as the setting allows you do do anything. But that's wish listing and not rumours!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

We are also due for some sort of quest game. Very likely 40-ish, but why not from the Mortal Realms?

Btw, someone told me that the rights for Mordheim and Space Hulk are expiring soon and in order not to lose them GW needs to put out something. Is this true? Are we expecting something Mordheim related? Maybe in the Mortal Realms?

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

Would give credence to the rumor of them increasing support from 4 edition

I hope they continue with the subfaction/expansion box launches like the Darkoath or Kroot ones. Would love like a City Dwarf or Clan Pestilance box to sort of give people more verity of to factions that already had their battletomes

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We are also due for some sort of quest game. Very likely 40-ish, but why not from the Mortal Realms?

Btw, someone told me that the rights for Mordheim and Space Hulk are expiring soon and in order not to lose them GW needs to put out something. Is this true? Are we expecting something Mordheim related? Maybe in the Mortal Realms?

Most likely an Old World thing especially since the events of Mordheim is happening in the narrative time period.

If we going to get a quest game it probably be something Destruction centric since we already had Chaos (Silver tower) and Death (Cursed city) 

• LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, someone told me that the rights for Mordheim and Space Hulk are expiring soon and in order not to lose them GW needs to put out something. Is this true?

This area is a little out of my wheelhouse, so take the following with a pinch of salt, as I'm not super confident. My understanding is the "rights" to intellectual property (whatever they may be) are owned by the creator. (In this case Games Workshop). The trademarks enter the public domain after some time regardless of how many products the company releases using them (there are different periods for different countries) 

Mordheim and SpaceHulk are trademarks owned by GW. They do not need to make products to retain ownership of them and the ability to create products for them in the future. 

"The Lord Of The Rings" is not owned by GW. They have a multi-way licensing deal with the Tolkien estate and New Line, which requires them to release products over time and maintain product availability/support. If they do not, the licensing rights will expire. (Similar to Sony and their rights to Spiderman) 

So, In short, no. xD

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Most likely an Old World thing especially since the events of Mordheim is happening in the narrative time period.

The Mordheim game was set soon after the city was destroyed (1999 IC). The Old World is set in 2276 IC.

They're both set during the Age of Three Emperors, but the the Age of Three Emperors spanned over seven hundred and fifty years.

(I suppose you could revisit it - Magnus the Pious doesn't completely salt the earth until after the Great War Against Chaos.)

Edited by LordSolarMach

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

This is what I’ve been told to. Have a friend of a friend who is a design artist that runs in the same circle as some GW designers. 

Apparently, a lot of things have been designed and even have limited stock within GW walls, however it was and has been difficult for them to get enough quanitity to be ready for actual release and sales. Covid aftermath and then throw in the sewage fiasco and you can see how plans got altered. 

3.0 was supposed to be the largest breakthrough edition with new armies new lore, rules etc. but when they couldn’t receive products they changed their plan. They decided to focus on 4.0 and bring in people to help make a cleaner game to support the new models that have been waiting around . 

What is in hiding I don’t know, but I would assume most things that have been heavily or clearly spoken about in lore is sitting on the shelf. Chaos Dwarves, Malerion, etc. 

Edited by Jetlife
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Is there a source for Valrak saying he's seen the Chaos Dwarfs?

Valrak has no source for this claim except "trust me bro". He usually calls his source(s) in GW the "whispers in the warp" or Alpharius, idk if this rumour came from them as well but my guess is Chorfs are an old TGA rumour, it took time to make it to Valrak but he might have caught up to it and asked his sources to describe them to him. Valrak never "sees" the new minis, usually he gets them described to him by his sources, because so far GW is tolerating his existence, but if he started to leak photos and potato cam pics his channel would 100% be terminated.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Do we remember where this clockwork style rumour for chorfs came from? Maybe someone can try to get a confirmation about the style from Valrak.

Rob the Honest Wargamer apparently. didn't see it myself, but that's what someone posted on here

35 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Do we remember where this clockwork style rumour for chorfs came from? Maybe someone can try to get a confirmation about the style from Valrak.

We had gotten it secondhand from The Honest Wargamer. Honestly if Valrak or whoever decided to leak the stormiest could confirm this that would be nice to know.

I like the figures even though they're in gold plastic. Interesting assortment and poses, I need someone to make a diorama with them fully painted , standing on the ruins of Hel-Crown, surrounded by Skaven, with the caster in the center yelling "SIGMARITES ASSEMBLE!!"

image.png.b854b72b734eeaaac61a3760cdb3a995.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gothmaug said:

I like the figures even though they're in gold plastic. Interesting assortment and poses, I need someone to make a diorama with them fully painted , standing on the ruins of Hel-Crown, surrounded by Skaven, with the caster in the center yelling "SIGMARITES ASSEMBLE!!"

image.png.b854b72b734eeaaac61a3760cdb3a995.png

These are fantastic mini's. I am gonna do my best to secure a set in december.