The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

I suppose you could revisit it - Magnus the Pious doesn't completely salt the earth until after the Great War Against Chaos.)

But that what happen

"On its return to the Empire, Magnus' army destroyed the long-cursed city of Mordheim, freeing Ostland and the Ostermark from assaults by the Beastmen. The Old World had been bought another few centuries of peace from the everpresent threat of Chaos"

Mordheim destruction was going on for a long time with the only notable stuff being Belakor attempt to free himself after possessing Asavar Khul predecessor 

15 hours ago, Baron I_oyd said:

cant share the name of the person, but he is very conected with GW, but yes 3rd ed was true poostorm for AoS team..lets hope GW stop trying to make each setting diff, so we can breath 

what do you mean trying to make each setting different? they... should be?

edit: each setting like 40k vs AOS or setting like each AOS edition

Edited by CommissarRotke

6 hours ago, Mutton said:

Is there a source for Valrak saying he's seen the Chaos Dwarfs?

I think there's some confusion about this? He's seen the rumours, not the dwarfs themselves. He wasn't up for discussing them because he only does WH40k-related stuff. That's my understanding anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also feel that Chaos Dwarves won’t come without some sort of lore implication. We can assume that we will get some sort of saga (broken realms/dawnbringers) in the second half of year two, so a year and half away.  

So part of me thinks anything new and major won’t come until then. So we could get some more COS stuff, maybe Ogre refresh similar to what seraphon got. 

I personally believe we might see a Tzeentch update as they like to do a chaos faction update every few years and they are next in line. 

16 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I also feel that Chaos Dwarves won’t come without some sort of lore implication. We can assume that we will get some sort of saga (broken realms/dawnbringers) in the second half of year two, so a year and half away.  

So part of me thinks anything new and major won’t come until then. So we could get some more COS stuff, maybe Ogre refresh similar to what seraphon got. 

I personally believe we might see a Tzeentch update as they like to do a chaos faction update every few years and they are next in line. 

40k started getting narrative books more often. I think they already have 3 or so, but even if that's not the case, we could have a narrative series midway like the Season of War: Thondia and the cancelled Season of War: Gallet.

When I ponder what may be coming down the shoot, I do so in the context of financial quarters and reports. The half-year report (published at the beginning of January) covers the 26 weeks, up to the last week of November.

Q3 of 2024 (July, August and September) includes the Skaven Tide launch, Starter sets (and associated paraphernalia) and the Skaven and Stormcast Battletomes (Some associated releases will bleed over into Q4 2024). Q4 of 2024 (October, November and December) only really includes October and November (As that period will be included in the half-year report published in January) 

It makes sense to me, that with Order and Chaos represented by Stormcast and Skaven respectively, a faction from Death and Destruction will be seen in that Q4 window. October and November. Thematically (being around Halloween) it feels right that we might see some Ghosty Bois and Creepy Crawlies. 

I guess that Nighthaunt and Gloomspite will be released in Oct/November. With a single kit for NH (They are already well supported) with GSG getting spiders. 

I see Chorfs coming in Q1 or Q2 (up to the end of June) of 2025. (To have time to be properly represented in the end-of-year report published in July 2025.)

(As a side, I also think we might see Emperor's Children for 40k in this period and a big release for HH/ToW/Necro as well) 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Hollow said:

It makes sense to me, that with Order and Chaos represented by Stormcast and Skaven respectively, a faction from Death and Destruction will be seen in that Q4 window. October and November. Thematically (being around Halloween) it feels right that we might see some Ghosty Bois and Creepy Crawlies. 

I guess that Nighthaunt and Gloomspite will be released in Oct/November. With a single kit for NH (They are already well supported) with GSG getting spiders. 

I see Chorfs coming in Q1 or Q2 (up to the end of June) of 2025. (To have time to be properly represented in the end-of-year report published in July 2025.)

if not Death, releasing gitz/grots during Orktober (orruktober?) would be extremely fitting too. I also definitely agree with you about Chorfs; nu-Skaven alone are about to launch FY 24 into space with their reinforcements, and if I were GW I would also want the nu-Chorfs as a breakout hit for the beginning of FY 25

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

(As a side, I also think we might see Emperor's Children for 40k in this period and a big release for HH/ToW/Necro as well

Interesting you pick Spiderfang since they're kind of being phased out and rumor circulating about Gitmobs with even a rumor engine supporting it

I think Orruk Warclan would get something as the the early Destruction tome since they're the big bad of last edition and since 40k 9th edition they been giving the previous-edition boy an early tomes with like 3-1 models like Nighthaunt with the mortis scriptor or Necrons  Necron Overlord + Tryazan & Imotek 

wouldn't be surprise if Kruleboyz (if they're splitting the faction) get some Hobgrot hero or elite Kruleboyz unit

but agree with Nighthaunt stuff

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What tomes and what comes along with them should be very telling of how the edition will go. They usually like start the fall off with some popular bangers.

I definitely think we will see orcs simply because Ironjawz doesn’t have a spearhead yet. 

5 hours ago, Hollow said:

When I ponder what may be coming down the shoot, I do so in the context of financial quarters and reports. The half-year report (published at the beginning of January) covers the 26 weeks, up to the last week of November.

Q3 of 2024 (July, August and September) includes the Skaven Tide launch, Starter sets (and associated paraphernalia) and the Skaven and Stormcast Battletomes (Some associated releases will bleed over into Q4 2024). Q4 of 2024 (October, November and December) only really includes October and November (As that period will be included in the half-year report published in January) 

(As a side, I also think we might see Emperor's Children for 40k in this period and a big release for HH/ToW/Necro as well) 

For a Destruction Faction being released I could see it being the Sons of Behemat. I doubt theres another Mega Gargant kit coming but a refreshed Mancrusher kit would do wonders for the range!! I could even see it being released in Warcry as a box of 2.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Urauloth said:

I think there's some confusion about this? He's seen the rumours, not the dwarfs themselves. He wasn't up for discussing them because he only does WH40k-related stuff. That's my understanding anyway.

This makes ALL the sense. Thanks for saying.

8 hours ago, Hollow said:

Season of War Thondia was released in April 2022, so a narrative book for Q1 or Q2 with the launch of Chorfs is the bullseye for me. If all the rumourology behind the 3rd edition season of war books were true, it was a trilogy. Thondia, Gallet and Lendu. So having two or three books explaining a narrative linked to the chorfs and its release would be the best. And it would fit perfectly your financial analysis for the releases.

• Like 2

I didn't join the dots until today when I was checking my sprues, but I think we have one evidence of the multipart Reclusians, @Dragon-knight77, and it is the fact that it is the only sprue on the SCE side that is shared.

Considering that I am seeing a separate release for Reclusians, maybe with more weapons, but Liberators staying as they are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I didn't join the dots until today when I was checking my sprues, but I think we have one evidence of the multipart Reclusians, @Dragon-knight77, and it is the fact that it is the only sprue on the SCE side that is shared.

Considering that I am seeing a separate release for Reclusians, maybe with more weapons, but Liberators staying as they are.

Good find 

Wonder if they going to give them halberts or some pole arms to full replace all the 1e paladins

They almost never give basic infantry multi-parts apart from Chaos warrior i think so it not suprise to the liberator

9 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

I really want to see old WHFB era factions get their refreshes as well as the malingering elite unit updates - but I'd also really like to see something completely new as a faction for a grand alliance that has few faction choices (not you, order!).

I believe its just Ogors that are mostly WHFB now. I believe Saurus Guard and Gutter Runners are going to have a Warcry box together. Dont ask my why its just a hunch.

I could also see SBGL getting Grave Guard as their 'update' for this Edition alongside another new unit.

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Season of War Thondia was released in April 2022, so a narrative book for Q1 or Q2 with the launch of Chorfs is the bullseye for me. If all the rumourology behind the 3rd edition season of war books were true, it was a trilogy. Thondia, Gallet and Lendu. So having two or three books explaining a narrative linked to the chorfs and its release would be the best. And it would fit perfectly your financial analysis for the releases.

Id love this. More Narrative content is needed throughout the Edition rather than just dumped at the end.

Would be a good way to refresh Ogors too. Have them appear in the narrative as a two pronged threat, Chaos Duardin in Chamon and Ogors in Ghur.

• Like 5