The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Unlike Malerion, I am pretty sure Tyrion and Phoenix Temple Lumineth are actually being actively prepared for release. Might even be this edition. It would certainly make sense after Phoenicium was destroyed. But a dwarf refresh would also have made sense after the return of Grungni in Broken Realms, so until we get any actual evidence or statements by known leakers, Tyrion is just barely above Idoneth endless spells when it comes to likelihood of a release.

What makes sense to us doesn't always get done by GW. Or fits in their schedule. Etc. 

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

@Dragon-knight77 when you said yesterday that 40k leaked I thought you were talking about last year, but I just saw this from tomorrow's preview:

Scions KT spoiler. Do not open if you don't want to be spoiled from tomorrow's preview:

Hide contents

1.jpg.dde1781c49c3367038f5610159269aba.jpg

Were you talking about this? If so, is there more stuff that you can point me to? I am looking for resolved REs.

Yesh those are the ones unfortunately that pretty much all i got apart from the vespid shadow no model 

image.png.3d736426f0255fdf253424405a26a035.png

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

There is no substantiated rumour about this to my knowledge. People have been speculating about the return of Tyrion with Lumineth-Phoenix Guard since the first Lumineth book dropped. Now the Phoenicium was destroyed, which seems to be a set-up to make this return possible. But no leakers have come foreward saying that Phoenix-Lumineth are actually one the way.

We have concretely heard about Chaos Dwarves, a Cogfort and some Skaven and Stormcast stuff. Nothing else, as far as I know.

Im no where worry for Ogres nor Fyreslayer since we got 3 range refresh and then 3 army expansions back to back laat edition. It obvious that they're removing resin and whf models so ogres are just in line to get their due

Tyrion did make a appearance in DB6  (describe as a blind Loreseeker) as he was the one who sent the twins to retive the last ember of the ur-pheonix

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Oh well they just said "F--k it" and released the trailer

That was always the plan. The teaser during the Skaven show said August 16th. Cgi today, minis tomorrow. Basically a condensed version of the Skaventide reveal. 

• Like 5

This was all their plan: they just wanna make up for the terribly derivative script for Alien: Romulus! 👍They managed to put a ton of cheesy throwbacks back in there and basically just mix all previous movies into one predictable mess. Dunno how you can be so talentless and call yourself a "creative". 

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

This was all their plan: they just wanna make up for the terribly derivative script for Alien: Romulus! 👍They managed to put a ton of cheesy throwbacks back in there and basically just mix all previous movies into one predictable mess. Dunno how you can be so talentless and call yourself a "creative". 

Not to get too off topic so let's keep this brief but I'm excited to see it as all the reviews I've seen says it's pretty friggin good. As someone who grew up watching the earliest ones I'm excited as I was a fan of the directors evil dead vision 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Vespids finally confirmed. I was starting to lose belief. Happy to finally be able to add them to my T'au without grimacing lol.

I've seen people make ace conversions to incorporate seraphon and votann as auxiliaries, and with vespids, we finally have a truly diverse Tau army, I can't wait. Been waiting for these for ages.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Not to get too off topic so let's keep this brief but I'm excited to see it as all the reviews I've seen says it's pretty friggin good. As someone who grew up watching the earliest ones I'm excited. 

Well, as someone who‘s a huge fan of it since ages as well, I thought the script was extremely weak. You get one interesting character and lots of absolutely forgettable ones, a pretty nice throwback, some great cinematography but the script is simply not there. Too much recycled from the old movies, down to some of the worst cheesy offenders. You‘ll see. I thought Prometheus was one of the dumbest scripts ever with characters acting like total morons but at least it was something new. This one just reused too much from the main entries. I don‘t believe this will bring back the xenomorph hype. Which is a darn shame! They should‘ve done more of their own thing. As usual nowadays, Hollywood simply can‘t manage to get a really tight script. 

Edit: but hey, maybe GW could just make a Genestealer movie now. 😎✌️

Edited by MitGas
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2024 at 6:49 PM, Hollow said:

This area is a little out of my wheelhouse, so take the following with a pinch of salt, as I'm not super confident. My understanding is the "rights" to intellectual property (whatever they may be) are owned by the creator. (In this case Games Workshop). The trademarks enter the public domain after some time regardless of how many products the company releases using them (there are different periods for different countries) 

Mordheim and SpaceHulk are trademarks owned by GW. They do not need to make products to retain ownership of them and the ability to create products for them in the future. 

"The Lord Of The Rings" is not owned by GW. They have a multi-way licensing deal with the Tolkien estate and New Line, which requires them to release products over time and maintain product availability/support. If they do not, the licensing rights will expire. (Similar to Sony and their rights to Spiderman) 

So, In short, no. xD

This topic resurfaced in one of my WhatsApp groups.

Apparently, the UK law forces you to maintain the IPs active every 10 years. You can pay to extend another year on those 10-year limit, but that's all. That's why both Space Hulk and Modheim got their videogames 10 years after the board version.

I don't know if this is one of the cases where multiple people saying the same made this public knowledge but multiple guys on that group think this is right. The only quick way I had to check this was by asking an IA, and it said this was right.

Would be cool to have someone with real knowledge because, if just putting something random on their videogame counts as maintaining it active it could mean nothing, but having something released for Mordheim miniature-wise could make for really cool proxies, even if this would be released for ToW.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I've seen people make ace conversions to incorporate seraphon and votann as auxiliaries, and with vespids, we finally have a truly diverse Tau army, I can't wait. Been waiting for these for ages.

I am becoming very tempted by Tau, I kind of want to make an army composition of roughly 500 -1000 pts. of Auxiliaries, 500-1000 pts. of Tau, and 1000 pts. of robots. It is that or Sisters of Battle... or Skaventide... or actually finishing up my Cities of Sigmar... the latter being the most responsible but I am kind of hoping for an Xmas battleforce. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Unlike Malerion, I am pretty sure Tyrion and Phoenix Temple Lumineth are actually being actively prepared for release. Might even be this edition. It would certainly make sense after Phoenicium was destroyed. But a dwarf refresh would also have made sense after the return of Grungni in Broken Realms, so until we get any actual evidence or statements by known leakers, Tyrion is just barely above Idoneth endless spells when it comes to likelihood of a release.

There's a reason that they removed Phoenix Guard from Cos, but left Dispossessed in. 

Tyrion and Phoenix Guard (and the rest of River Temple) will be soon IMO, Grungi Duardin/Gholemkind/Whatever will be later.

6 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

There's a reason that they removed Phoenix Guard from Cos, but left Dispossessed in. 

Tyrion and Phoenix Guard (and the rest of River Temple) will be soon IMO, Grungi Duardin/Gholemkind/Whatever will be later.

It would make sense as HE/ Lumineth sells better than Dawis/Dispossessed.

Apparently Valrak mention in his video that they're might (his suspicion) be a tease of more stuff then just the Kill team tomorrow much like how Hel Crown reveal had that Kill team tease at the end

maybe Warcry tease?

btw a better look at the vespids  

Spoiler

1723818293282580.jpg.8616492a7dee45a736a2cef59a290601.jpg

1 hour ago, mawhis117 said:

Could be the nu-city dwarfs that might come for the Ironweld expansion since we did get @Whitefang back me up give us the Cogfort tease and in two separate occasion they told to be piloted by Duardin

speaking of which almost finish with the Vedra book will write a short review and some interesting stuff in the book tomorrow 

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Apparently Valrak mention in his video that they're might (his suspicion) be a tease of more stuff then just the Kill team tomorrow much like how Hel Crown reveal had that Kill team tease at the end

maybe Warcry tease? 

Could be the nu-city dwarfs that might come for the Ironweld expansion since we did get @Whitefang back me up give us the Cogfort tease and in two separate occasion they told to be piloted by Duardin

speaking of which almost finish with the Vedra book will write a short review and some interesting stuff in the book tomorrow 

I thought that it could be an option. Without teaser and being less mins than Helcrown they had to tease something else.

Also, did he mention that the driver was a duardin? O.o I think I lost that one.

Edited by Ejecutor