The Rumour Thread

I don’t think there’s ever been any eavy meta vespid painted in the current studio t’au empire scheme, with the white armour, for Vior’la. The only vespid to appear in the codices and army shots are those with the tan armour and blue skin/carapace, for T’au itself.

It makes sense for them to update the scheme to something that works with Vior’la’s white, like this warm orange skin. Goes well with their guns.

• Like 3

I love BGG, but the users of that site tend to prefer board games over table top wargames.  It's not a huge shock that Underworlds (the most boardamey GW game) would have more people logging plays on BGG than do either 40k or AoS.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

This topic resurfaced in one of my WhatsApp groups.

Apparently, the UK law forces you to maintain the IPs active every 10 years. You can pay to extend another year on those 10-year limit, but that's all. That's why both Space Hulk and Modheim got their videogames 10 years after the board version.

I don't know if this is one of the cases where multiple people saying the same made this public knowledge but multiple guys on that group think this is right. The only quick way I had to check this was by asking an IA, and it said this was right.

Would be cool to have someone with real knowledge because, if just putting something random on their videogame counts as maintaining it active it could mean nothing, but having something released for Mordheim miniature-wise could make for really cool proxies, even if this would be released for 

Edited by The ape
Duplicate post

15 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

This topic resurfaced in one of my WhatsApp groups.

Apparently, the UK law forces you to maintain the IPs active every 10 years. You can pay to extend another year on those 10-year limit, but that's all. That's why both Space Hulk and Modheim got their videogames 10 years after the board version.

I don't know if this is one of the cases where multiple people saying the same made this public knowledge but multiple guys on that group think this is right. The only quick way I had to check this was by asking an IA, and it said this was right.

Would be cool to have someone with real knowledge because, if just putting something random on their videogame counts as maintaining it active it could mean nothing, but having something released for Mordheim miniature-wise could make for really cool proxies, even if this would be released for ToW.

Ok. So. IP is generic for all intellectual property.

Two main types to consider here. Copyright - this lasts for as long as the law says it lasts. You don’t need to use continuously and it is never abandoned unless the owner dies and doesn’t pass it on to someone in their will or whatever  (but even then, if no one inherits it, the Crown owns it) (bono vacantia).

The other types is trade marks. Two types - registered and unregistered. To register it, you need to apply to the IPO (intellectual property office). If registered it lasts ten years and then you have to renew it. 

The “usage” thing comes in that if you don’t use it for at least 5 years, someone can apply to have your trade mark declared invalid. 

This also sort of applies to unregistered trade marks as they rely on reputation and goodwill. So if you don’t use it, you’ve more chance of losing it. But. For large companies with well established brands it’s not quite so black & white.

I haven’t checked if GW have any registered trade marks re Mordheim etc.

Above is all just a brief summary, not legal advice and based on English law.

(Source: I’m head of commercial & IP at a law firm in Leeds*)

(*the same one Adrian Tchaikovsky used to work at bizarrely enough)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 11

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I was thinking about the possibility that they show something else today in the KT preview. IMO, what has more chances is either the Nova preview being announced with a little teaser or the W+ models.

I hope about the Nova preview so we know which game systems will be mentioned.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I was thinking about the possibility that they show something else today in the KT preview. IMO, what has more chances is either the Nova preview being announced with a little teaser or the W+ models.

I think you’re right, something like the last one with a cut in of a teaser for something to be shown next week, and then week following is Nova, perfect timing 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I think we will know more about Nova either tomorrow with Sunday preview article or on Monday on warcom .

I believe AoS with Stormcast full reveal and Warcry and Underworlds will be there ! 😉👍

46 minutes ago, cyrus said:

The so called Nighthaunt poisoner from Xmas rumors engine 👻

2023-12-23.png

2023-12-16.png

How often does he have to tell you guys? He's an aesthetician, not a poisoner! 

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 2