The Rumour Thread

Oooh so no Warcry teaser today. Seems like we can't have 40k having their space taken on their 40k trailers.

Oh well, I'll very tentatively wait for Nova then. Let's see if next monday will see another blood angels reveal, necromunda, or the warhammer+ models.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

What does that mean ?

I guess two (or more) people play together against a third/neutral opponent (e.g. a guard and space marine player play on the same side vs. nids who either randomly get controlled or there‘s a third player that acts akin to a dungeon master). Player vs enemy (PVE) and PVP (player vs player) became widely used terms since online rpgs, originally Ultima Online but World of WarCraft really pushed these terms into popular culture. 

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Kill Team getting a solo and cooperative PvE mode with the new edition. Hopefully Warcry sees something similar next year.

It's such a good idea and arguably goes back to Kill Team's 3rd/4th ed roots, where you had missions of elite kill teams vs grunts/mooks/sentries. Co-op stuff is fun in general but it makes a real difference for teaching the game or having pick up matches with folks who haven't played before.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Oooh so no Warcry teaser today. Seems like we can't have 40k having their space taken on their 40k trailers.

Oh well, I'll very tentatively wait for Nova then. Let's see if next monday will see another blood angels reveal, necromunda, or the warhammer+ models.

Did you expect anything else today? No way anything else was happening today.

30 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Did you expect anything else today? No way anything else was happening today.

A little teaser about Nova wouldn't be too crazy, but I guess it makes sense to tease KT in an AoS preview but don't disturb the KT one when you have x5 viewers seeing the latest.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

A little teaser about Nova wouldn't be too crazy, but I guess it makes sense to tease KT in an AoS preview but don't disturb the KT one when you have x5 viewers seeing the latest.

That ten second teaser of the Kill Team trailer got 3 times the youtube views the reveal of the Skaven range did. Keep in mind that Skaven are arguably the most iconic and popular part of Warhammer Fantasy Battle, while the teaser was for a spinoff game with Temepestus Scions vs Vespids who are both very niche subsets of their main factions. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Kill Team getting a solo and cooperative PvE mode with the new edition. Hopefully Warcry sees something similar next year.

Maybe we don't even have to wait for the new season. It could be included with the new setting change, and we could get a tease about that in Nova.

32 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

27 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

That ten second teaser of the Kill Team trailer got 3 times the youtube views the reveal of the Skaven range did. Keep in mind that Skaven are arguably the most iconic and popular part of Warhammer Fantasy Battle, while the teaser was for a spinoff game with Temepestus Scions vs Vespids who are both very niche subsets of their main factions. 

Warhammer 40K is huge that Kill Team cinematic trailer already has passsed the 500K views.

I.e the Skaven mini reveal video of 7 days ago with amazing new mini's only has 47K views and the WoC reveal video released 5 days ago with zero new models has 42K views.

The Sanguinary guard reveal which seemed to be disliked by almost everybody here already has 104K views.

Everything is ridiculous small compared to 40K.

The what's inside the Blood Angels armyset video has 4 times more views than the what's in the Skaventide box video. The one is just a Space Marine chapter, the other one is the launch box of a new AoS edition... .

I wish that Fantasy (AoS, TOW and siblings) was the big dog, but it ain't.

image.png.894448322cc6868a17ad01bec520a3cf.pngimage.png.8b249feb00157ecaa332c58d6c196ce0.png

image.png.bbf0dbda455b6b7186c31691429f1c33.pngimage.png.1f4c13e513350bb81e8bf8d695da16dd.pngimage.png.fede4fed392bf8a7f7df0eba4261ae7a.png

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The Scion are good don't get me wrong but im more a Spartan type guy then a UNSC Marine if you know what i mean that the weapons are hit or miss for me

the viespid stingwing however look awesome. The Tau helmets aren't that much of a fan much prefer the old version but the rest are definitely an upgrade to the old version. The more "spindly incetoid" than then previously help it stand out more and make feel more "xeno" 

image.png.c25a0a5ab08247ecb9d60809f6b2999c.png 

I don't know if im the only one but i feel like the Vespid and the Kroot can sort cross-setting into AOS (slight guns modification of course)

the ruins are so generic gothic that i can definitely see anyone using it for either AOS or 40K 

Image1

same for the fortification 

Image3

• LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

The Scion are good don't get me wrong but im more a Spartan type guy then a UNSC Marine if you know what i mean that the weapons are hit or miss for me

the viespid stingwing however look awesome. The Tau helmets aren't that much of a fan much prefer the old version but the rest are definitely an upgrade to the old version. The more "spindly incetoid" than then previously help it stand out more and make feel more "xeno" 

image.png.c25a0a5ab08247ecb9d60809f6b2999c.png 

I don't know if im the only one but i feel like the Vespid and the Kroot can sort cross-setting into AOS (slight guns modification of course)

the ruins are so generic gothic that i can definitely see anyone using it for either AOS or 40K 

Image1

same for the fortification 

Image3

What I see here is conversion material for the Silent People.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

but enough of 40k so here some interesting Lore stuff i found reading the Talhia Vedra novel

I'm not saying they translate into models but they're definitely in lore and everything im mention below is set in the modern-ish AOS timeline (~ post-Dawnbringer book 1- pre-vermindoom)

Hammerhal – A Closer Look - Warhammer Community

Should mention here the link to my  review of the book

bold mean a direct quote

Spoiler

Order but like apart from Aventis being a character in the book there like only Cities of sigmar lore/stuff to point out it kind of odd really

• The Author really like the old lore of each of the Freeguild having their own colors as tho they're different imperial guard regiments rather than the homogenized city specific color. However of the freeguild regiments you get
    • The Leaden Bulls who describe as the gunnery regiments
    • Vandusian guard who who show up throughout the novel as guardians of the conclave, some joining Vedra crusade but they're all Greatsword-men (the unit)
      • image.jpeg.9c60cc586704fa8b7ef7773a0c02873e.jpeg
    • Coronus guard a new regiment in the story
    • Prodigal sons are there
    • Ash vipers tribes acted as auxiliary with their barbarian forces wearing cuirasses of boiled auromander hide
  • Handguns are still around and even utilize in the Castliete formations with the fusilers
    • (kind of made me smile who has old empire hangunners and utilize as fusiler proxies)
    • image.jpeg.80ead674ec1795c8837b576c28b47b90.jpeg
      •  there also mention of other weaponry like various type of mortars like Lava & inferno mortars, drakefire guns use by freeguilder mind you, gunforge metaliths, cogwork wagons & light cannons. 
      • Outriders still around riding alongside the cavaliers
  • Cogforts are mentioned and is described "Ranging from spider-legged towers to miniature citadels grinding along heavy tracked wheels, they bristled with cannons and deadly armaments, ever alert for threats from the fire-scarred Capilarian plains"
  • Bright wizards  hold the most power in Hammerhald and they're entire pyromancer district that manufacture and produce fuel and coal  and in the final siege there a blue flame Bright wizard
    • Bright Order - Warhammer - The Old World - Lexicanum
  • There a chapter is set in the Great Cathedral of Supreme Pontifex Elethrus Vinx protected by Deaconite Guard with  "pikes sharp and eyes wary despite the garishness of their blue-lacquered plate"
    • There mention of basic Unberogen zealots and flagellants nothing really specific other then the Deacons and breather of the Chain pulling the Guardian statues
  • Interspecies in all over the place in the background
    • Duardin get mention a ton throughout the novel from the prologue having a one-eye dawii manning a multi-barrel canon, Duardin artillerist and Ironweld workers mention again and again,  Duardin overseer of the metalith chains, Duardin workers building fortification from the rubble in the siege ect ect
    • Wanderers are still around but they're not refer to as Wanderers rather they're just call the "elves from the Greenward Prefecture". Which for those who don't know the Greenward Prefecture is the Wanderer kingdom/settlement inside Hammerhald Aqshy
    • There like two mention of ogors one mentioning the warhulk and the other just bunch of ogors loading the light cannon for the siege

Chaos

• Darkoath marauders fought alongside warhounds
    • Warhammer Age of Sigmar - Beast of Chaos: Gors
  • Lots of mention of chaos monsters in Ebonpyre army stuff like chaos haze drakes, fumarole skimmers (don't know what that is it just mention) & a avian variant of chaos furies
  • Apart from the Goretide from the southeast the biggest threat to Hammerhald Aqshy is a chaos force in northeast call the Conflagrite and at first I thought it was the Tzeentch subfaction call The Eternal Conflagration who all about wyrdfire but they're just basically a norscan-Darkoath forces who really like Balefire** nothing really tzeethian about them so don't know if that was intentional or not
    • The Author make this minor lore mistake call Wyrdfire/warp-fire as Balefire which is not chaos fire it actually death fire

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I wish AoS 4 would have had that option too, this game has so much potential beyond the scope of 1vs1 and battle tactics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

They are not, as much as I like rats. It‘s Chaos Warriors - every day, all day! Chaos Warriors in WHFB outsold all other armies by a huge margin. Think marines vs all the other 40k armies. 

And if we‘re at just 3 times, then we‘re already on a good path. Give AoS a few more years and it‘ll be half…and  a few more years after that, who knows how small the gap will be. 40k lives off of its great setting and history but AoS holds better gameplay and minis firmly in its claws currently. 🫶

Edited by MitGas

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

but enough of 40k so here some interesting Lore stuff i found reading the Talhia Vedra novel

I'm not saying they translate into models but they're definitely in lore and everything im mention below is set in the modern-ish AOS timeline (~ post-Dawnbringer book 1- pre-vermindoom)

Hammerhal – A Closer Look - Warhammer Community

Should mention here the link to my  review of the book

bold mean a direct quote

Hide contents

Order but like apart from Aventis being a character in the book there like only Cities of sigmar lore/stuff to point out it kind of odd really

• The Author really like the old lore of each of the Freeguild having their own colors as tho they're different imperial guard regiments rather than the homogenized city specific color. However of the freeguild regiments you get
    • The Leaden Bulls who describe as the gunnery regiments
    • Vandusian guard who who show up throughout the novel as guardians of the conclave, some joining Vedra crusade but they're all Greatsword-men (the unit)
      • image.jpeg.9c60cc586704fa8b7ef7773a0c02873e.jpeg
    • Coronus guard a new regiment in the story
    • Prodigal sons are there
    • Ash vipers tribes acted as auxiliary with their barbarian forces wearing cuirasses of boiled auromander hide
  • Handguns are still around and even utilize in the Castliete formations with the fusilers
    • (kind of made me smile who has old empire hangunners and utilize as fusiler proxies)
    • image.jpeg.80ead674ec1795c8837b576c28b47b90.jpeg
      •  there also mention of other weaponry like various type of mortars like Lava & inferno mortars, drakefire guns use by freeguilder mind you, gunforge metaliths, cogwork wagons & light cannons. 
      • Outriders still around riding alongside the cavaliers
  • Cogforts are mentioned and is described "Ranging from spider-legged towers to miniature citadels grinding along heavy tracked wheels, they bristled with cannons and deadly armaments, ever alert for threats from the fire-scarred Capilarian plains"
  • Bright wizards  hold the most power in Hammerhald and they're entire pyromancer district that manufacture and produce fuel and coal  and in the final siege there a blue flame Bright wizard
    • Bright Order - Warhammer - The Old World - Lexicanum
  • There a chapter is set in the Great Cathedral of Supreme Pontifex Elethrus Vinx protected by Deaconite Guard with  "pikes sharp and eyes wary despite the garishness of their blue-lacquered plate"
    • There mention of basic Unberogen zealots and flagellants nothing really specific other then the Deacons and breather of the Chain pulling the Guardian statues
  • Interspecies in all over the place in the background
    • Duardin get mention a ton throughout the novel from the prologue having a one-eye dawii manning a multi-barrel canon, Duardin artillerist and Ironweld workers mention again and again,  Duardin overseer of the metalith chains, Duardin workers building fortification from the rubble in the siege ect ect
    • Wanderers are still around but they're not refer to as Wanderers rather they're just call the "elves from the Greenward Prefecture". Which for those who don't know the Greenward Prefecture is the Wanderer kingdom/settlement inside Hammerhald Aqshy
    • There like two mention of ogors one mentioning the warhulk and the other just bunch of ogors loading the light cannon for the siege

Chaos

• Darkoath marauders fought alongside warhounds
    • Warhammer Age of Sigmar - Beast of Chaos: Gors
  • Lots of mention of chaos monsters in Ebonpyre army stuff like chaos haze drakes, fumarole skimmers (don't know what that is it just mention) & a avian variant of chaos furies
  • Apart from the Goretide from the southeast the biggest threat to Hammerhald Aqshy is a chaos force in northeast call the Conflagrite and at first I thought it was the Tzeentch subfaction call The Eternal Conflagration who all about wyrdfire but they're just basically a norscan-Darkoath forces who really like Balefire** nothing really tzeethian about them so don't know if that was intentional or not
    • The Author make this minor lore mistake call Wyrdfire/warp-fire as Balefire which is not chaos fire it actually death fire

How much weight would you think something from BL has for future releases in comparison to what is mentioned in the Core Book and Battletomes? IMO Core and BTs have more weight, but it could be because we don't get all the novels translated.

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

How much weight would you think something from BL has for future releases in comparison to what is mentioned in the Core Book and Battletomes? IMO Core and BTs have more weight, but it could be because we don't get all the novels translated.

double edge sword in that case as AOS above all other system has their BL shape their lore direction significantly as location and event that has happens in BL books will be made in appear and refences in tomes and lore campagins

• The Seige of Glymfoge and the heroic of Balthus Arum in Soul Wars was mention in both Stormcast & COS 3 edition tome
  • The events of Dynasty of Monstes play into Lauka Vhai whole arc with the beast within taking control of her to the point of blackouts which cause her feud with the Kasteli dynasty in the Soulblight tome storyline
  • Hamilcar who just recently made their appearance in WD#503 with their own army of renown and backstory mentioning his time fighting Ikit claw & Manfread
  • Bunch of characters like Callis and Toll, Lady of Vines, Gardus Steelsoul, Gotrek & Grombrindal all originated from the novels
  • even something like the cavaliers and Archknights have always been in lore through novels refer to as knights in the background like the one in Eight lamentation novels

in the end AOS Bl novels are canon to the lore and will be acknowledge unlike 40k half the time 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

• Bunch of characters like Callis and Toll, Lady of Vines, Gardus Steelsoul, Gotrek & Grombrindal all originated from the novels

That's inaccurate, Lady of Vines and Gardus Steelsoul were introduced in the Realmgate Wars campaign books (which were main studio supplements, not Black Library novels), and Grombrindal was always around as White Dwarf's mascot. I'll give you Callis, Toll and Gotrek though. 

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

With some Kharadron emblems and duardin runes instead of imperialis stuff, pretty sure that could pass as part of an skyport.

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Although people wouldn’t have necessarily known it was vespers vs scions going into the trailer, but I get where everyone is coming from, it’s hardly unlikely to expect a teaser trailer cut into this one when they did that to the AOS one