The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, mimozine said:

the fortified manor is available for pre order, doesnt show what the new upgrade sprue is though, anyone know what it contains?

Is there a new sprue on the fortified manor? It is the first time I heard about it. I think the one they mention is just an old sprue, not a new one.

Edited by Ejecutor

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

The Scion are good don't get me wrong but im more a Spartan type guy then a UNSC Marine if you know what i mean that the weapons are hit or miss for me

the viespid stingwing however look awesome. The Tau helmets aren't that much of a fan much prefer the old version but the rest are definitely an upgrade to the old version. The more "spindly incetoid" than then previously help it stand out more and make feel more "xeno" 

image.png.c25a0a5ab08247ecb9d60809f6b2999c.png 

I don't know if im the only one but i feel like the Vespid and the Kroot can sort cross-setting into AOS (slight guns modification of course)

the ruins are so generic gothic that i can definitely see anyone using it for either AOS or 40K 

Image1

same for the fortification 

Image3

Khardron Skyport maybe?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Well, Id say today's sunday oreview is gonna be LOTR stuff, plus perhaps books. Once it drops the career berween blood angels and skaven begins...

I'm hoping we get a break before skaven as I really need to sell some stuff lol. I don't need 4k of seraphon and lumineth!

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Well, Id say today's sunday oreview is gonna be LOTR stuff, plus perhaps books. Once it drops the career berween blood angels and skaven begins...

It seems too early for Lotr stuff and Blood angels was advertised twice as “ later this year “ 

We still miss a Dwarfs MTO wave by the end of August.

I think Skaven can really arrive beginning of September.

8 hours ago, mimozine said:

the fortified manor is available for pre order, doesnt show what the new upgrade sprue is though, anyone know what it contains?

It's the gate with walls I think, it's not new, but only available through this set.

Edited by Tonhel

9 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

double edge sword in that case as AOS above all other system has their BL shape their lore direction significantly as location and event that has happens in BL books will be made in appear and refences in tomes and lore campagins

• Bunch of characters like Callis and Toll, Lady of Vines, Gardus Steelsoul, Gotrek & Grombrindal all originated from the novels

ackchyally.png.1efa78d9e72d9ab491893828be59edd0.png

Gardus and the Lady of Vines debuted in either Age of Sigmar: Mighty Battles in an Age of Unending War (the hardback BRB with very few actual rules in it that accompanied the original Vandus 'n Khull starter box), or the The Realmgate Wars: Quest for Ghal Maraz campaign book released a few weeks later (I can't find my copy of Mighty Battles, so I'm not 100% on which). BL were publishing confusingly named Realmgate Wars tie in novels at the time, but they were written after/around the mainline studio releases, which would take precedent.

The White Dwarf/Grombrindal debuted as a miniature in 1979, got rules for AD&D and Runequest of all things in issue 50 of his namesake magazine in 1984, and didn't appear in his modern incarnation as Grombridal until White Dwarf 200 in 1996 (though Snorri Whitebeard was first named in in the original Warhammer Armies: Dwarfs in 1993). Grombrindal first appeared in AoS with background, rules and a repainted WFB model in White Dwarf 410 in September 2016. He would make his Black Library debut in the short story Pantheon by Guy Hayley in December 2016.

Gotrek first appeared in the short story Geheimnisnacht from the 1999 GW/Boxtree anthology Ignorant armies, predating Black Library by almost a decade. Here is an accompanying Paul Bonner illustration that I will always post given an excuse because holy hell Gotrek is wonderfully horrifying:

Spoiler

paulbonnergotrek.JPG.ba0dc18592a29ce9de7ccb26350204cc.JPG

If you want to get really pedantic Gotrek's first AoS appearance was in Realmslayer, which was an audiodrama not a novel... 🤐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, mimozine said:

Someone told me that the sprue you are talking about is the one that connects all the buildings, so there's no new sprue. It would be weird because when they do that kind of new stuff they normally show us what it is.

4 hours ago, Garrac said:

Someone from a YT channel said that it could be the new KT. If it is not this week it will be the next one.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Someone from a YT channel said that it could be the new KT. If it is not this week it will be the next one.

In the preview show they said pre-order in September, release in October. 

If I was a betting man, I'd say blood angels box set announced this week possibly alongside lotr and Skaven after that. 

The end of the year is shaping up. 16 weeks left. We already have:

Blood angels box

Blood angels full release

Skaven (could be more than one week)

Stormcast (could me more than one week)

Kill team

Lotr new edition 

(Lotr angmar)- maybe with something else

Heresy mechanicus full release

Christmas box sets

Horus heresy box set. New edition? (maybe not this year)

Blood bowl? (Surely we're not getting 6 new editions in one year.) 

The last week is usually just a random Christmas thing. 

Warriors of chaos old world

(High elves old world) 

That leaves 1- 6 weeks. 

I'm hoping for something warcry and something underworlds. 

We'll probably get one single hero battletome before the end of the year. 

Are the blood angels really the last major 40k release of the year? 

Edited by Chikout
Forgot the old world.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Warhammer 40K is huge that Kill Team cinematic trailer already has passsed the 500K views.

I.e the Skaven mini reveal video of 7 days ago with amazing new mini's only has 47K views and the WoC reveal video released 5 days ago with zero new models has 42K views.

The Sanguinary guard reveal which seemed to be disliked by almost everybody here already has 104K views.

Everything is ridiculous small compared to 40K.

The what's inside the Blood Angels armyset video has 4 times more views than the what's in the Skaventide box video. The one is just a Space Marine chapter, the other one is the launch box of a new AoS edition... .

I wish that Fantasy (AoS, TOW and siblings) was the big dog, but it ain't.

image.png.894448322cc6868a17ad01bec520a3cf.pngimage.png.8b249feb00157ecaa332c58d6c196ce0.png

image.png.bbf0dbda455b6b7186c31691429f1c33.pngimage.png.1f4c13e513350bb81e8bf8d695da16dd.pngimage.png.fede4fed392bf8a7f7df0eba4261ae7a.png

Exactly. 

10th edition is honestly pretty bad, and imo a big downgrade from 9th, which itself had issues. There's a lot of players who have dropped 40k because of 10th edition and the general consensus being that 10th and its design philosophy is not very good. All of this before you look at some of the disasters a few of the codexes have been (Custodes). 

Even with all that 40k is leagues ahead of all other games in popularity. Even though most players would agree the rules aren't very good, it's still the most played game by a wide margin. 

The only one that comes close is Old world, and let's be honest, even though it had a very dedicated fan base back in the day (including me) it was saved because of the massive success of Vermintide and WHTW, which breathed new life into the setting. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Chikout said:

If I was a betting man, I'd say blood angels box set announced this week possibly alongside lotr and Skaven after that. 

Blood angels box

Kill team

Lotr new edition 

Christmas box sets

That leaves 2- 6 weeks. 

There is WoC very soon and probably High elves for TOW also this year.

Rob from the honest wargamer believes that the release schedule for TOW is accelerated.

I meanz I myself dropped 40k with 10th because suddenly I got to field double the amount of mi iatures for a 2k game. Hell, I think most 40k players are doing 1k matches for non-tournament plays? And also, the se sation that the AoS team is more in touch with olayers is really bigger. 40k codexes have been hit (necrons) or miss (custodes) and its getting stressing. Plus all the "No, all your narrative campaigns are useless now with 10th", while the AoS team doesnt disencourage you from using the maps mecanics from 3th.

Dropped from 40k to take a break and olay some AoS on the meanwhile.

Bow, I dont know how to do multi-quote from the phone, so...

-If preorders for KT are due for september, then its sunday preview is from the 25th of this month onwards

-My reasoning behind LOTR today is just that we had an article this week. I allways suspect this when the X miniatures in mind have a warcom article the same week

-Fairs, but, rather therell be a skaven warcry band or not, Id be greatly surprised if theres no warcry 3th ed by the end of the year.

-If skaven shall arrive by the beginning of september, then they should be anounced between the 18th or the 25th of this month. I presume blood angels should be anounced early cos they got all the monday reveals so far.

-Whatever it happens, Im convinced skaven should come in september. Its tradition to drop the first codex/battletome of an edition as quick as posible.

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

There is WoC very soon and probably High elves for TOW also this year.

Rob from the honest wargamer believes that the release schedule for TOW is accelerated.

Oh yeah. Completely forgot about old world. WoC is definitely coming this year. Not sure about the accelerated comment. I think the original plan was for a book every two months but dwarves got delayed. I'm sure they didn't originally plan for the orc mage to come out  5 months after the rest of the range. I think we could see WoC in September and and high elves in November, but that's just getting back to the original schedule. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2024 at 12:27 PM, AquaRegis said:

10th edition is honestly pretty bad, and imo a big downgrade from 9th, which itself had issues. There's a lot of players who have dropped 40k because of 10th edition and the general consensus being that 10th and its design philosophy is not very good. All of this before you look at some of the disasters a few of the codexes have been (Custodes). 

Yes, in the world wide web, a lot of people say that, but it's not backed by arguments.

Most 40k tournaments have problems to find tables, terrain pieces and space. We moved from 100 players to 300 in 3 years, and tickets are  sold in less than a week. And our tournament is in the same day of another big one (200 players) that's 4 hours away with car (2 hours in train).

And I'm talking about spain, that is supposed to be a bastion for Warhammer Fantasy stuff.

About TOW games/tournaments, I think it's diferent for each country, but not sure if it's the second most played game...

We have more tournaments (40-80 players) for fanmade Warhammer Fantasy editions than for TOW. And take in mind that most shops run TOW tournaments to catch as many new players as they can.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Blood angels box

Kill team

Lotr new edition 

Christmas box sets

Warriors of chaos old world

(High elves old world) 

That leaves 1- 6 weeks. 

I think if Blood Angels is not the last major release 40k will have something released pretty close to 2025, as the rumoured stuff are big bangers. Hopefully that leaves room for something from the AoS universe, maybe even a first narrative book ala 40k.

58 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I meanz I myself dropped 40k with 10th because suddenly I got to field double the amount of mi iatures for a 2k game. Hell, I think most 40k players are doing 1k matches for non-tournament plays? And also, the se sation that the AoS team is more in touch with olayers is really bigger. 40k codexes have been hit (necrons) or miss (custodes) and its getting stressing. Plus all the "No, all your narrative campaigns are useless now with 10th", while the AoS team doesnt disencourage you from using the maps mecanics from 3th.

Dropped from 40k to take a break and olay some AoS on the meanwhile.

Bow, I dont know how to do multi-quote from the phone, so...

-If preorders for KT are due for september, then its sunday preview is from the 25th of this month onwards

-My reasoning behind LOTR today is just that we had an article this week. I allways suspect this when the X miniatures in mind have a warcom article the same week

-Fairs, but, rather therell be a skaven warcry band or not, Id be greatly surprised if theres no warcry 3th ed by the end of the year.

-If skaven shall arrive by the beginning of september, then they should be anounced between the 18th or the 25th of this month. I presume blood angels should be anounced early cos they got all the monday reveals so far.

-Whatever it happens, Im convinced skaven should come in september. Its tradition to drop the first codex/battletome of an edition as quick as posible.

Warcry 3rd is supposed to be launched the next summer.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think if Blood Angels is not the last major release 40k will have something released pretty close to 2025, as the rumoured stuff are big bangers. Hopefully that leaves room for something from the AoS universe, maybe even a first narrative book ala 40k.

The rumoured stuff for 40k is:

-Kriegs

-Eldars

-Thousand Sons

-2nd waves for Votann and World Eaters

-Emperor's Children

I can see guard qnd sons arriving on december. Or at least a few "codex+mini" waves.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Warcry 3rd is supposed to be launched the next summer.

Oh, bummer. Then unless there a surprise warhammer+ model on the way ive lost interest on nova, lol

Edited by Garrac

I tried searching for tournament data. I can't find any very recent for TOW. From launch till April woehammer had a total of 1500 games logged across one and two days events. In the first month of AoS 4 goonhammer had 8500 games logged. In the the first 7 weeks of pariah nexus mission pack goonhammer has 24,000 games logged. 

Obviously the old world has a bit of a production meta to deal with. It will be interesting to see how quickly it grows. 

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Oh, bummer. Then unless there a surprise warhammer+ model on the way ive lost interest on nova, lol

Third edition is scheduled for next summer but there's still one more season of this edition to go. I'd be surprised if we went a whole year with no releases for Warcry and skipped a third season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

LVO 2025 will not have Underworlds tournament.

Ugh... do we know if it is based on the organization or if it is coming from GW? Because if it is the latest here is the real proof about the game shutting down.