The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Ugh... do we know if it is based on the organization or if it is coming from GW? Because if it is the latest here is the real proof about the game shutting down.

I said the other day that Underworlds is not a basic product anymore for LGS. Also with the LVO absence, it is really hard to defendí that the game is not in their last months of life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

How long has UW been around for now, anyway? 5 years or so? That's not a bad lifespan for a side game.

Yeah, it is a shame because it was a super cool field for miniature sculpt testing. Hopefully we get another AoS side game instead.

• Like 5

Ummmm ok, its true that there might be another season. But personally Im only able to see a skaven band for a spetial ocasion, such as what a new warcry edition would bring.

The Underworlds thing is worrying, sad to see everything just going to Legends. I hope some of the bands, like the Plaguepack, get recycled for 4th.

5 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

How long has UW been around for now, anyway? 5 years or so? That's not a bad lifespan for a side game.

It’s seven years now with 54 warbands so far. I really hope this isn’t the end. I’d rather see scaled back support rather than completely dropping the game. Two core boxes and 8 warbands a year always felt like a lot. I’m a fan of the game and I couldn’t remotely keep up with the pace of releases. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still wish that Underworlds and Warcry were used to provide opportunities to add regiments of renown to grand alliances, while also promoting these smaller scale games. 

It might be hard to justify using an undersized unit of Ironjawz in your Orruk army but they might find some great use in a Moonclan army or a Son's army. Similarly Stormcast are spoilt for choice, but Daughters of Kane might enjoy having an armoured wizard adventurer on their side. Similarly Corvus Cabal from Warcry would have made great allies for Maggotkin as a fast unit of objective grabbers that would tie in aesthetically with the army.

I can admit it would actually encourage me to branch out and try these games if I knew I could add some diversity to my armies. Like I would love to add the Deathgorge minis to my Chaos and order armies as I love Slaanesh and Idoneth but I am daunted to make an army of either but would love to make a unit or two and be able to play them in AOS. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It’s seven years now with 54 warbands so far. I really hope this isn’t the end. I’d rather see scaled back support rather than completely dropping the game. Two core boxes and 8 warbands a year always felt like a lot. I’m a fan of the game and I couldn’t remotely keep up with the pace of releases. 

I do agree on the maybe the slower release to at least let the box breathe at little before it's kicked to the curb!

If it is the end of it Full Stop, I personally would like them to do a MTO run of the warbands because some never got an independent release and would love to have them 

Depends on how well it sold and it's profitability most likely. There's a lot of card and paper in it which is expensive, and then there is the tooling and development cost, so perhaps it's been diverted to other things.

I get the appeal but never 'got' the game personally.

23 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ummmm ok, its true that there might be another season. But personally Im only able to see a skaven band for a spetial ocasion, such as what a new warcry edition would bring.

The Underworlds thing is worrying, sad to see everything just going to Legends. I hope some of the bands, like the Plaguepack, get recycled for 4th.

Theoretically, you should have a Skaven warband in this edition.

Edited by Ejecutor

50 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Theoretically, you should have a Skaven warband in this edition.

i dunno, I may seem bipolar on it cos so far we haven't had solid rumours on this, besides that weird thing that got debunked months ago. Seems like no one can tell us if skaven will make it to Warcry soon or not. I miss Whitefang...

5 hours ago, AquaRegis said:

Even with all that 40k is leagues ahead of all other games in popularity… The only one that comes close is Old world…

I would genuinely love to see a source on this because that seems objectively untrue by every measure I can think of. I am not anti-TOW like some players claim AoS are, but I’m realistic and I am skeptical that GW has even been able to supply enough to product to make that feasible.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Garrac said:

i dunno, I may seem bipolar on it cos so far we haven't had solid rumours on this, besides that weird thing that got debunked months ago. Seems like no one can tell us if skaven will make it to Warcry soon or not. I miss Whitefang...

So far we only have that. It seems all armies are getting warbands, so with that logic in mind, Skavens should get one before the end of the edition. if they don't, it could mean they are one of the opening factions for the new edition, as you said.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

So far we only have that. It seems all armies are getting warbands, so with that logic in mind, Skavens should get one before the end of the edition. if they don't, it could mean they are one of the opening factions for the new edition, as you said.

Ummmmmm, what other armies are still waiting for a warcry band?

31 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Looking at the store:

SCE
CoS
LRL
Sylvaneth
DoK
Fyreslayers
Seraphon

S2D
BK
DoT
Nurgle

SBGL
OBR
NH
FEC

KB
Ogors

I could be missing some, but that would leave us:

Idoneth
KO

HoS
Skaven

IJ
GSG
SoB

The list seems more or less around the size (7 remaining) for the rest of the edition to be fulfilled.

*If the list is not correct, please, someone update it.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Wish Crimson Court and Domitan's Stormcoven would be recycle they really good model and give customization to their army

Domitan's Stormcoven Are Ready to Purge the Wyrdhollow with Holy Bolts of  Lucent Lightning - Warhammer Community

Warhammer Underworlds – The Crimson Court | Goonhammer

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Warcry could get a setting change, but not a whole new edition.

basically like How Kill team started in the Gallowdark space hulk with the Kroot and Imperial Breachers

The Space Hulk Gallowdark Is the True Star of Kill Team's Next Season -  Warhammer Communityand moved to Forge World Bheta-Decima with the Imperial scouts and ended with the Brood Brothers & Hernkyn Yaegir 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Garrac said:

• Skaven
  • Hedonites of Slaanesh 
  • Idoneth Deepkin
  • Sons of Behemat
  • Ironjawz
  • Kharadon Overlord

and that is if they don't want to repeat some other early faction that got 

• Seraphon
  • Tzeentch
  • Slaves to darkness 
  • Nurgle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:
  • Skaven
  • Hedonites of Slaanesh 
  • Idoneth Deepkin
  • Sons of Behemat
  • Ironjawz
  • Kharadon Overlord

and that is if they don't want to repeat some other early faction that got 

• Seraphon
  • Tzeentch
  • Slaves to darkness 
  • Nurgle

Which one is the Tzeetch one?

37 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

I would genuinely love to see a source on this because that seems objectively untrue by every measure I can think of. I am not anti-TOW like some players claim AoS are, but I’m realistic and I am skeptical that GW has even been able to supply enough to product to make that feasible.

I was talking generally about interest, product availability, views on videos, general interest in lore etc. not scientific by any means or thorough by any means. It's just speculation on my part. 

There probably is some marketing spreadsheet of the breakdown of sales between AOS and OW, this past year and market predictions of future interest, but I doubt that will ever be public. 

Its also worth mentioning that Old World is still in it's early stages as we only have 4 factions available to buy right now, and we haven't even got near campaign books or expansions yet. AOS in it's early days had a much smaller player base then it does now, so it would make sense for OW to follow those trends. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1