The Rumour Thread

54 minutes ago, Elarin said:

From what I heard Skaven pre-order is September 7, KT pre-order September 21 and Stormcast pre-order September 28. Please keep in mind that my friend no longer works for GW so my info may be a lot less reliable 

I’ve heard the same date for Skaven. If my math checks out, that means preview a week from today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AquaRegis said:

I was talking generally about interest, product availability, views on videos, general interest in lore etc. not scientific by any means or thorough by any means. It's just speculation on my part. 

There probably is some marketing spreadsheet of the breakdown of sales between AOS and OW, this past year and market predictions of future interest, but I doubt that will ever be public. 

Its also worth mentioning that Old World is still in it's early stages as we only have 4 factions available to buy right now, and we haven't even got near campaign books or expansions yet. AOS in it's early days had a much smaller player base then it does now, so it would make sense for OW to follow those trends. 

I think that is drastically underestimating how popular AoS actually is. There’s a weird thing where people on both sides consistently seem to pretend the other game has a negligible following, which I’m not saying you’re doing, but it is a thing where some WHFB/TOW adherent will say thing implying or declaring AoS is a failing game who only has players because people didn’t have a choice, even though theres mountains of evidence to its popularity and it is consistently the second best selling wargame after 40K on the year long reports

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

I think that is drastically underestimating how popular AoS actually is. There’s a weird thing where people on both sides consistently seem to pretend the other game has a negligible following, which I’m not saying you’re doing, but it is a thing where some WHFB/TOW adherent will say thing implying or declaring AoS is a failing game who only has players because people didn’t have a choice, even though theres mountains of evidence to its popularity and it is consistently the second best selling wargame after 40K on the year long reports

The problem with Age of Sigmar is that it exists in a state of "mainstream obscurity", where despite being pretty well-selling as a war game people outside the fandom basically know nothing about it (which is further worsened by war games being pretty niche in general). It's kinda like how Wii Fit was one of the best selling games on the Wii, but pretty much nobody knew the Wii Fit Trainer existed until she became a character in Smash Bros. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Sahrial said:

I would genuinely love to see a source on this because that seems objectively untrue by every measure I can think of. I am not anti-TOW like some players claim AoS are, but I’m realistic and I am skeptical that GW has even been able to supply enough to product to make that feasible.

It's depends how you view things. 

In the case of 40k, the lore is exceptionally popular. In 40k it goes lore, miniatures, video games, games in that order of popularity. With fantasy it goes video games, lore, game, miniatures.(One of the reasons fantasy died is that they had a stable playerbase who all had enough miniatures, so the sale of new minis dried up) For AoS, it's miniatures, game, lore, video games (there are no good AoS video games). I think that right now AoS is GW's seconds most popular game system with the least popular lore. 

Edited by Chikout
Why is it, you only notice your mistake when someone quotes you?
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Caddyshack Codes – Semiovox

Can't give the farm away...how about this - there was speculation a few days back on a certain faction making an appearance in underworlds before showing up in AoS. Let's just say that was a good guess. Also, yes of course we're going to see the classic mirroring of the new edition factions per usual.

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 9

11 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Can't give the farm away...how about this - there was speculation a few days back on a certain faction making an appearance in underworlds before showing up in AoS. Let's just say that was a good guess. Also, yes of course we're going to see the classic mirroring of the new edition factions per usual.

@FilmCaCinemas's video Tweet

alright boys speculation back on the menu!

classic mirroring could be anything

• CoS vs Slaves to Darkness
  • Stormcast vs Khorne
  • Lumineth vs Slaanesh
  • Skaven vs Seraphon
  • Stormcast vs Nighthaunt
  • Sylvaneth vs Nurgle
  • Chaos dwarfs vs Kharadon
  • Stormcast vs Orks

dam Stormcast they ruin the Setting /s

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

@FilmCaCinemas's video Tweet

alright boys speculation back on the menu!

classic mirroring could be anything

• CoS vs Slaves to Darkness
  • Stormcast vs Khorne
  • Lumineth vs Slaanesh
  • Skaven vs Seraphon
  • Stormcast vs Nighthaunt
  • Sylvaneth vs Nurgle
  • Chaos dwarfs vs Kharadon
  • Stormcast vs Orks

dam Stormcast they ruin the Setting /s

I'm pretty sure they meant Skaven vs Stormcast as in the new edition of aos

Edited by Elarin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Elarin said:

ah my bad like Harrowdeep ok

so like we probably see a possible Moulder team vs Ruination Stormcast chamber

i doubt they do another Eshin or Pestilence (especially since the old one rising from legends) 

maybe that what new Wolf-rats are some Packmaster we seen in the promotional art a while back just now with a team of mutant rats

Stormcast Lord veritant warband? I don't think they make a reclusian warband and the previous ones usually were hero models expanded upon

1 hour ago, Elarin said:

So the mini doomwheel of @Whitefang back me up is coming with underworlds 🐀 🛞 

Good news and very happy underworlds is stay around ! 😊👍

Edited by cyrus
  • LOVE IT! 2

18 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

I remain skeptical of it lasting beyond this upcoming season.

I was skeptical about all those rumors about the dead of underworlds and warcry .

@Nighthaunt Noob predicted many underworlds releases before so he is a trustworthy source 👍

• Like 5