The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

They have updated all the BA models, I really doubt we will see something more.

The Combat Patrol, as someone else mentioned, is a good candidate. Not all Mondays do they show new minis.

34 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

I mostly agree with that. The willingness of support and the timeframe I remain skeptical on however, as it is a main studio side product unlike Blood Bowl. Different stakeholders, different margins, and all of that nonsense. I still suspect this next iteration is our final season.

Very well possible.

It doesn't help that GW seems gearing towards a shorter news-release cycle compared to before. The Angmar and Blood Angels reveals were very close to their releases. And pretty much all systems lack long-term roadmaps these days, and I don't see that changing soon.  

I just hope they will avoid the terrible news clampdown GW had years ago, where we only knew things a week in advance, if at that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ummm what if there isn't a Nova preview, and GW decides to show it all on monday, with a dedicated show for the stormcasts?

Looks like it's still happening 

image.png.74bcf1227be412b0d47cb7f5167ea1b8.png

It's possible that it could be dropped but I can't see it happening. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Looks like it's still happening 

image.png.74bcf1227be412b0d47cb7f5167ea1b8.png

It's possible that it could be dropped but I can't see it happening. 

Do we know why the GenCon one was cancelled and how far in advance we knew this? It would be pretty odd to have two previewed cancelled in a row... but who knows.

5 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Very well possible.

It doesn't help that GW seems gearing towards a shorter news-release cycle compared to before. The Angmar and Blood Angels reveals were very close to their releases. And pretty much all systems lack long-term roadmaps these days, and I don't see that changing soon.  

I just hope they will avoid the terrible news clampdown GW had years ago, where we only knew things a week in advance, if at that. 

I think this is because of delays. It’s common knowledge that aos4 was delayed. I’m sure that orc hero wasn’t intended to come 5 months late. The last two editions of kill team came out in August. I don’t think releasing this one in October was the original plan. Gw admitted on Facebook that the close combat weapons for Horus Heresy had been delayed. It wouldn’t surprise me if the whole underworlds kerfuffle has had more to do with supply chain problems than anything to do with the popularity of the game. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Do we know why the GenCon one was cancelled and how far in advance we knew this? It would be pretty odd to have two previewed cancelled in a row... but who knows.

GW weren’t the only ones to cancel gencon, there was a lot of controversy with this years show, could be related to that or something completely internal, but a fair few groups cancelled booths and the sort from gencon this yesr

• Like 2

Last years Nova preview was on the 31st (Thursday) and was announced on the 21st (Monday the week before) so with the preview next weeks Wednesday we should be getting the announcement today. 

The announcement also showed the Ardboy Big Boss as the teaser so I expect something again this time.

This might count as the Monday reveal as other preview teasers did in the past but as already said the BA Combat Patrol would be another good pick as they already said we would see it this week in yesterdays article. 
I could also see the Warhammer+ models, those got revealed on the 25th last year (Friday)

Edited by Matrindur

10 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Last years Nova preview was on the 31st (Thursday) and was announced on the 21st (Monday the week before) so with the preview next weeks Wednesday we should be getting the announcement today. 

The announcement also showed the Ardboy Big Boss as the teaser so I expect something again this time.

This might count as the Monday reveal as other preview teasers did in the past but as already said the BA Combat Patrol would be another good pick as they already said we would see it this week in yesterdays article. 
I could also see the Warhammer+ models, those got revealed on the 25th last year (Friday)

Oh right, the warhammer+ models are still an enigma. 

10 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Oh right, the warhammer+ models are still an enigma. 

20 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I could see W+ revealed this Friday (23rd) if they go by the same pattern, the new year begins on the 25th for W+ I believe 

Edited by Deakz28

Speak of the devil: NOVA Preview timings and details.

No list of all the systems yet, but the video does state it'll at least have 40k, AoS, Horus Heresy, The Old World "and even more." 

00TSmguFQoM133Vv.jpg

This show will be a little different to our normal previews, with the focus on roadmaps and the inside track on what’s coming soon for all your favourite games.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 6

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Interesting that it includes ToW. Maybe they show us new WoC minis.

AND ROADMAPS!!!!

They did say “more on her later” when talking of the ‘new’ character for Chaos so I could see it! 

I believe Heresy will almost certainly be a Primarch as both Nova shows the last two years have revealed one each and we are due a Primarch sculpt for this year 

Edited by Deakz28

16 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

M. Bison "Yes Yes!" Widescreen HD reupload animated gif

If we have Cities on the roadmap I will sell all my belongings and buy GW stock.

That is a really bad idea. Getting a Cogfort, however, is not.

Not to rain on your parade with CoS but I‘d buy shares if they bring out the next marine armor mark ideally. That would be the biggest no-brainer in the hobby. Guess we‘ll need to suck up to some leaker. 😇

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Interesting that it includes ToW. Maybe they show us new WoC minis.

AND ROADMAPS!!!!

There aren’t any WoC models coming.  This is the quote. 
“These releases will be split into two waves, and while there is a new special character featured in Arcane Journal – more on her in due course – there are no new miniatures scheduled in this release.”

This is pretty explicitly saying that the new special character will not get a  new model. 
More on her in due course doesn’t mean a model. It means more info. They included this sentence to stop people getting their hopes up and then being disappointed. So don’t get your hopes up. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2