The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

IIRC things start at the top with some broad strokes lore, based on what general model range they want to touch on.

Then the sculpting team goes nuts.

Things get shoved in the bin, or approved for release.

Then the rules and fiction writers try their best to deal with what models are getting put out. 

//

Which is to say, the sculptors aren't doing their jobs with no knowledge of how their work is supposed to fit into the whole, but they are the ultimate driver of the company. If they sculpt something that's contradictory to current game or lore, no one from the rules or fiction side gets to run in and veto it, or ask for changes.

That kinda matches with what I heard. 

4 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Do we have to guess the changes? I don't see any violet modifications as usual

Pretty much, if you have still have the old pdfs you can use online pdf compare apps that show you what changed

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Pretty much, if you have still have the old pdfs you can use online pdf compare apps that show you what changed

Yeah well I don't have time for that, one more disappointing thing to add to the disappointment book i guess... 

Hope they will change it quickly

Edit : also nothing about point costs changes? 

Edited by Vagard

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

"By the the Emprah, I don't pay attention to AOS rumours! Mate, mate... do I look like I care about AOS?! Actually, I did hear one rumour that AOS is likely to see a new army in the upcoming edition. I'm hearin' that they will also get a new Codex with a hero model in the not to distant future. But you are gonna love this, in the New Black Templar book Thaddeus Appearedonce is likely gettin' named dropped. Thats right the SONS OF DORN are gettin' another NAMED CHARACTER IN THE LORE!!! The codex will be released alongside a new Black Templar Model,  is it Thaddeus Appearedonce or a new Primaris Lieutenant? But according to the whispers in the warp this new model with have MK VII armour and a powerboltfist.... Thats right Appearedonce has crossed the Rubicon Primaris..."

^How I imagine Valrak will respond.

Valrak is that you? 

• Like 1

To be fair, it was already kind of useless when you factor in the time spent trying to figure out what the original wording was even supposed to do!

You can use the AoS app to quickly check the changes, by the by, each affected faction index has an 'errata' tab added to the top with the relevant alterations.

Edited by Lucentia
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

I find this update a little bit strange... changes for half of the factions, no updates on the main rules book or points.... seems like an intermediate release or that somebody published the pdfs too soon

I wonder if someone pressed the button too early without the meat of the faq. Recent faqs have come out on a Thursday alongside a metawatch video. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chikout said:

I don't see any changes. What am I missing?

You can't take units in combat with assault boat.

It was one of our best plays, we could put a wall of skywardens 3.5" away from a frigate, wait for an enemy unit to charge our balloon boys and then counter-charge with the boat, giving our skywardens attack first and killing the charging unit in their turn. Sadly, I lost most of my 4th edition games because that charging unit had 30 wounds behind a 3+ save, and they killed 12 skywardens inreturn after taking 600+300p combo with 2CPs on their face, but pretty sure that if KOs were correctly pointed, that would be a game-winning play.

57 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

To be fair, it was already kind of useless when you factor in the time spent trying to figure out what the original wording was even supposed to do!

You can use the AoS app to quickly check the changes, by the by, each affected faction index has an 'errata' tab added to the top with the relevant alterations.

It looked interesting before while I never got to use it. The way it worked was clear. It now has no use

56 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I wonder if someone pressed the button too early without the meat of the faq. Recent faqs have come out on a Thursday alongside a metawatch video. 

I think this is probably what has happened.

It's zero fun looking at the updated faction packs and trying to work out what has changed.

• Like 1

the only change to nighthaunts was reducing hexwraiths control characteristic from 2 to 1.  Which, I mean, that was a needed change, control 2 always felt like a mistake when compared to other normal cavalry units in the game - which are already quite strong.  But at the very least I also expected changes to Death Stalkers, maybe also a nerf to harrows.

This doesn't seem to be the anticipated early balance patch, just a cleanup of typos and rules wordings.

Also it's kind of ridiculous that you have to go into the app to see what exactly changed while there's no downloadable errata pdf.  That's like the opposite of what it should be, if you're using the app you don't need errata documents, just the current rules.  If you're using the physical printed faction pack cards that you purchased in the real world from the real store, then you need an actual list of what changes have been made.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

I think this is probably what has happened.

It's zero fun looking at the updated faction packs and trying to work out what has changed.

I don't think it is "pressing a button". All this stuff is scheduled days in advance. Probably something changed in the schedule and there was a miscommunication error or a human error scheduling the publication for the wrong day.

5 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Only 3 days left of my annual W+ sub, where are the reveals?!

I've cancelled mine. You can use it for those 3 remaining days and resume the subscription later on:

image.png.09bba1284243dc882518fa490f199d36.png

What I don't know is what is going to happen with the miniatures from year 3. They appeared as unlocked for me, but I had to wait for a date after my purchase. So I am not sure, if I resume the sub once the year 4 minis are announced, if I would get access to both, just year 3 or just year 4.

Edited by Ejecutor

6 hours ago, Vagard said:

To me there is too much expectations about the lore and the death GA. 

I only understood Whitefang's "death protagonist" as ruination chamber and Morr going foreground thanks to it. There is a lot of "death" related things like skulls, or ruination shields and the fact that now ScE are not immortal anymore. 

I don't think it has any link to Nagash or the GA death itself. Whitefang also teased ruination by comparing them to 40K death company. 

One last argument, as far as I remember, the lore does not go very far after the big box release. The story moves forward during the DB series to set up the new edition story but after the reveal it stalls pretty much the whole edition with minor news during battletome releases. 

Expecting nagash to do a big appearance to save everyone or to do something major now is just copium to me. The big thing was the vermindoom, it will be there at least until next edition and the death protagonist related to 4ed is morr and maybe some lore reveal during ScE 2nd wave related to stormcasts. 

I am sure Whitefang meant Death as grand alliance and not Morrda/Ruination chamber .

IMG_1573.jpeg.387c5a964386b4216c5d9ce561892e3b.jpeg

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 1