The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Memes aside, I actually quite like the Marshal. I'd much rather they make those sort of 'alternate sculpts' instead of some whacky Legends-only model. 

I really like the Marshall honestly. I have been struggling to wonder how to build my one with pistols or sword and after seeing this fella I think it helped me decide sword then use the warhammer + one for pistols. I have honestly been tempted to keep the pistols as well so that when the battletomes come out and we get to make our own custom heroes I really want to make a Gun Priest. Unload his pistols and literally spray and pray.

Edited by Vaellas
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

1724263362273803m.jpg.059dac551f8095a6cfd896ccc2a2f938.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/08/21/new-warhammer-miniatures-subscribe-to-choose-from-two-incredible-new-models/

I love this so much the pivot of Cos from stabdard landsknecht empire wanabes to Gun-knight Bohemians, Swiss and Scandinavians. It very detail from the marshalgpistol, his hammer charms, the brass knuckles and his butler-caddie having bunch of potions and weapons ready and loaded

Oh yeah would you look a that a freeguild musket

Yeah I won’t lie, the Cities of Sigmar are growing on me, not enough to switch but it’s real close.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Yeah I won’t lie, the Cities of Sigmar are growing on me, not enough to switch but it’s real close.

I a prefer taste to be honest especially since coming how it spinning off from a very iconic warhammer faction (basically the poster boy before the poster boy) and they decided to be it own faction 

that can go 

good--->Cavalier marshal, Steel rook, Fusiler major on warhulk

or

bad--->Freeguild fusiler (IMO)

it took me some time after assembling my Steelhelms to actually warm up to them

14 hours ago, Asbestress said:

I JUST ACTUALLY SCREAMED OUT LOUD
OH MY GOD THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL

I NEED THEM

Guess I'm subscribing to Warhammer+

Edit: This doesn't solve the Cities torch RE. I take this Marshal as a sign of wave 2. Please let CoS be on the Roadmap.

Also, this pretty much confirms the mini Doom-Wheel to be for Underworlds.

You are moving too fast... Being a early book almost is a confirmation of no wave 2.

We are not 40k, we have less Big releases per year.

12 hours ago, The Red King said:

I sure hope these FAQs are just pushed early in error (I mean no article so probably an error right)

Likely won't change the fact that the updated app doesn't actually include the changes made to beasts of chaos so you can't even compare the document to the app to see whats changed.

Oh has anyone actually noted the changes to endless spells?

The faqs are tweeks for the NOVA Open, avoiding the drama of the previous Big official tournament.

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The faqs are tweeks for the NOVA Open, avoiding the drama of the previous Big official tournament.

Understandable. Still, there are a lot of things that needs to be polished. Burning Sigil of Tzeentch can't even use the 3 result effect /facepalm

Btw, anyone noticed that Reactions doesn't follow the same pattern as any other ability? If you "pass" your reaction mark, you can still react to your opponents reactions. 

Article will follow shortly, I believe. It's not a video game, you can't just "patch it" and suddenly everyone at a tournament this weekend has the new rules in effect.

That's why I don't care anymore for AoS rules as long as it's in tournament mode.

The minis are nice, maybe we'll see them later in the store like the vindicare. It's certainly not an incentive for me to subscribe for Wh+ just for that.

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

You are moving too fast... Being a early book almost is a confirmation of no wave 2.

Yeah. I agree. If CoS is on the roadmap it will mean it gets something quite small even if we have that Cofgort rumour. I would be super surprised if we are an early tome and receive a Lumineth treatment.

23 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Article will follow shortly, I believe. It's not a video game, you can't just "patch it" and suddenly everyone at a tournament this weekend has the new rules in effect.

That's why I don't care anymore for AoS rules as long as it's in tournament mode.

The minis are nice, maybe we'll see them later in the store like the vindicare. It's certainly not an incentive for me to subscribe for Wh+ just for that.

Was the Vindicare for sale in the store at any point? I see them on the GW site, but you cannot buy them.

23 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Imho, this FAQs/erratas are just to polish some rules, not something big (even if some rules seems to be a completely nerf for the units or models using them).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. I agree. If CoS is on the roadmap it will mean it gets something quite small even if we have that Cofgort rumour. I would be super surprised if we are an early tome and receive a Lumineth treatment.

Actually the fact that Lumineth exists is an evidence that CoS COULD get a second wave the same size as the first. They did it with LRL (even if there was covid delays etc) 

That said, I would be glad if they get their next wave after other BT like FS, Ogors, Ido etc

Edited by Vagard

No but there is almost always a big release in late winter or early spring after a new edition. In second edition we got Gloomspite in January after the new edition.   In first edition we got Fyreslayers in January. Third edition is the exception not the rule. That said I think chaos Duardin will fill the early slot. I expect cities to come later. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Actually the fact that Lumineth exists is an evidence that CoS COULD get a second wave the same size as the first. They did it with LRL (even if there was covid delays etc) 

That said, I would be glad if they get their next wave after other BT like FS, Ogors, Ido etc

Yeah. Everything can happen, and the fact that CoS got a W+ model and an events-exclusive model the same year makes me think it is selling well, but Lumineth is just on another level. HE were one of the best sellers, so it is normal that they receive extra love, while the human armies were not selling so well.

• Like 3

That doesn't add up though, comparing 9th ed 40k to 3rd ed AoS and we got very similar amounts of releases that contained more than 1 kit per army. 40k got 12 (incuding Deathguard getting a single character and a terrain piece) and AoS got 11 (including Gloomspite getting a single character plus a unit).

40k 9th ed: 2 Space Marine updates, Black Templars, Adeptus Sororitas, Astra Militarum, Chaos Space Marines, World Eaters, Deathguard, Aeldari, Leagues of Votann, Necrons, and Orks

3rd AoS: Stormcast, Cities of Sigmar, Seraphon, Sylvaneth, Gloomspite, Ironjawz, Kruleboyz, 2x Slaves to Darkness, Flesh-Eater Courts, and Nighthaunt

The main difference is in the diversity of the settings leading to more AoS factions getting single figure releases.

For 40k, there were only single figure or no figure releases for 9 factions (Adeptus Custodes, Ad Mech, Grey Knights, Imperial Knights, Chaos Demons, Chaos Knights, Thousand Sons, T'au, Tyranids and Genestealer Cults). Obviously some of the Marine chapter specific updates were small too but they benefit from the main Space Marine updates

On the other hand, AoS got single figure updates for 14 factions (Daughters of Khaine, Fyreslayers, Idoneth, Kharadron, Lumineth, Beasts of Chaos, Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle, Skaven, Ossiarchs, Soulblight,Ogors and Sons of Behemat).

The big issue is AoS has more unique factions to support so it feels like they get less but in fact they're getting the same amount of big releases (and arguably better support from Warcry vs Kill Team).

• Like 3

Just now, Chikout said:

No but there is almost always a big release in late winter or early spring after a new edition. In second edition we got Gloomspite in January after the new edition.   In first edition we got Fyreslayers in January. Third edition is the exception not the rule. That said I think chaos Duardin will fill the early slot. I expect cities to come later. 

But that happened because the launch books were released in June at that time. If you move the release date then you move the windows of releases too. We need to compare situations, you can not use editions were releases were earlier.

16 minutes ago, EonChao said:

That doesn't add up though, comparing 9th ed 40k to 3rd ed AoS and we got very similar amounts of releases that contained more than 1 kit per army. 40k got 12 (incuding Deathguard getting a single character and a terrain piece) and AoS got 11 (including Gloomspite getting a single character plus a unit).

40k 9th ed: 2 Space Marine updates, Black Templars, Adeptus Sororitas, Astra Militarum, Chaos Space Marines, World Eaters, Deathguard, Aeldari, Leagues of Votann, Necrons, and Orks

3rd AoS: Stormcast, Cities of Sigmar, Seraphon, Sylvaneth, Gloomspite, Ironjawz, Kruleboyz, 2x Slaves to Darkness, Flesh-Eater Courts, and Nighthaunt

The main difference is in the diversity of the settings leading to more AoS factions getting single figure releases.

For 40k, there were only single figure or no figure releases for 9 factions (Adeptus Custodes, Ad Mech, Grey Knights, Imperial Knights, Chaos Demons, Chaos Knights, Thousand Sons, T'au, Tyranids and Genestealer Cults). Obviously some of the Marine chapter specific updates were small too but they benefit from the main Space Marine updates

On the other hand, AoS got single figure updates for 14 factions (Daughters of Khaine, Fyreslayers, Idoneth, Kharadron, Lumineth, Beasts of Chaos, Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle, Skaven, Ossiarchs, Soulblight,Ogors and Sons of Behemat).

The big issue is AoS has more unique factions to support so it feels like they get less but in fact they're getting the same amount of big releases (and arguably better support from Warcry vs Kill Team).

And they said during the 40k presentation that they will be more focused on renew and launch more stuff for that game.

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

And they said during the 40k presentation that they will be more focused on renew and launch more stuff for that game.

Where did they say that then? You can surely provide a link to exactly where I can read more about this presentation where GW staff said that the company would be releasing more for 40k than AoS?

Because that sounds nothing like what anyone involved in marketing for a company would say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

But that happened because the launch books were released in June at that time. If you move the release date then you move the windows of releases too. We need to compare situations, you can not use editions were releases were earlier.

Yeah that just means we'll see Chaos Duardin in February or March instead of January. It may not be them, but I'm expecting at least one sizeable wave by the end of March.

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah that just means we'll see Chaos Duardin in February or March instead of January. It may not be them, but I'm expecting at least one sizeable wave by the end of March.

I could see Chaos Duardin being a spring release in April/May like Leagues of Votann were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I could see Chaos Duardin being a spring release in April/May like Leagues of Votann were.

This would position us to start seeing teasers for CD in the New Year silhouettes teaser they like to put out. (I recall the Seraphon update dropping in late April/May of its year with silhouettes teased at the start of the year.) 

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I can see Cos bt drops in summer/fall 2025 when more or less it should drop ToW empire .

Flagellants , steam tank and imperial griffon will move from AoS to ToW : so likely replaced by Cos Zealots , cogfort and something else. 

26 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I can see Cos bt drops in summer/fall 2025 when more or less it should drop ToW empire .

Flagellants , steam tank and imperial griffon will move from AoS to ToW : so likely replaced by Cos Zealots , cogfort and something else. 

I’d expect Gyrocopters, Gyrobombers and the Cogsmith to disappear too. The Duardin infantry may stay longer if there are no Dispossessed coming. The concept of dwarvern sky machines is covered by the Kharadron, and we know they don’t like TOW and AoS sharing.

• Like 2