The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

I’d expect Gyrocopters, Gyrobombers and the Cogsmith to disappear too. The Duardin infantry may stay longer if there are no Dispossessed coming. The concept of dwarvern sky machines is covered by the Kharadron, and we know they don’t like TOW and AoS sharing.

Yeah, but if we get a Cogfort (which is in the end a Dispossessed machine) it could mean a new Dispossessed wave. If that's the case the infantry could get replaced as well and flying machines with ground machines, being hopeful.

#shareTheCopium

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, but if we get a Cogfort (which is in the end a Dispossessed machine) it could mean a new Dispossessed wave. If that's the case the infantry could get replaced as well and flying machines with ground machines, being hopeful.

#shareTheCopium

Grounded machines instead of flying machines

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

#shareTheCopium

I’m keeping my fingers crossed, I’ve got 3000+ points of Cities Duardin.

On the duardins topic. Someone told me that in Vedra's novel there are 26 duardin mentions and just 3 from aelves. IMO the balance is clear in the duardin side for a wave over the aleves. It feels like lately they are mentioned way more than the aelves in general when we speak about CoS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

On the duardins topic. Someone told me that in Vedra's novel there are 26 duardin mentions and just 3 from aelves. IMO the balance is clear in the duardin side for a wave over the aleves. It feels like lately they are mentioned way more than the aelves in general when we speak about CoS.

They are also probably lower priority for the studio, since it seems like neither Malerion or ToW Delves are coming soon.

5 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

On the topic of rumours (on The Rumour Thread), let's remember that; Greenskins, Wanderers or Swifthawk Agents may be returning this edition

image.png.af46ac2db2938c0bfe96c7ea7903ba9e.png

I think this could be referring to the Swifthawk. Wouldn't surprise me if Lumineths get something on that line.

• Like 4

On 8/21/2024 at 9:35 AM, Vagard said:

To me there is too much expectations about the lore and the death GA. 

I only understood Whitefang's "death protagonist" as ruination chamber and Morr going foreground thanks to it. There is a lot of "death" related things like skulls, or ruination shields and the fact that now ScE are not immortal anymore. 

I don't think it has any link to Nagash or the GA death itself. Whitefang also teased ruination by comparing them to 40K death company. 

One last argument, as far as I remember, the lore does not go very far after the big box release. The story moves forward during the DB series to set up the new edition story but after the reveal it stalls pretty much the whole edition with minor news during battletome releases. 

Expecting nagash to do a big appearance to save everyone or to do something major now is just copium to me. The big thing was the vermindoom, it will be there at least until next edition and the death protagonist related to 4ed is morr and maybe some lore reveal during ScE 2nd wave related to stormcasts. 

Im really hoping for an earlier Edition Narrative event like 40K had and what Im sure Seasons of War was supposed to be which I am adamant that was leading to Beasts having a big narrative play and then they got the news they were being cut and cancelled the series.

20 hours ago, hmoco said:

Is this new (warhammer plus mini)

image.png.ae9a2c98341623043f13b74012d3b02a.png

Absolutely love them!!

• Like 1

Just now, Beliman said:

Not sure if Black Library books should used as an argument.

Totally agree, that's why I said in general and not just in that novel. DB, the shorts, the new core book... I could be wrong, ofc, as it is my personal feeling and I didn't count the mentions as this guy did.

7 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Trying to describe a certain facial expression : r/writers

(Probably not that since Whitefang was replying to them in regards to AoS though)

Of those three listed, the only thing I can see coming back in some form are the Swifthawks (as a cities of sigmar division. Potentially by replacing city dwarfs with city elves driving this forum to riot)

Greenskins, Orruk Warclans has lost Bonesplitterz and is likely being split up in two factions. Regular Greenskinz returning seems weird. 

Wanderers got culled way back, and with GW wanting to keep the Old World and AoS lines seperate, I don't see them coming back. Unless the mythical, sure to exist, elf kurnothi show up to reinforce sylvaneth. 

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I can back that up i mention previously in the vedra novel the Duardin are really loved and integrated mostly in the artilery/Ironweld side of things. The 3 aelf mention i litterally just 2 mention of wanderers of Hammerhald aqshy and a scourge privateer that was old friend with Vedra father figure who hook him up with idoneth wine

Whitefang said "positively weird." That has got to mean a Swifthawks/Wanderers-Bonesplittaz merger. Wanderers were already kind of green anyway, so the weird part is probably that they're working for Grungi. The signs are all there and matches with a rumor I just made up about hybrid factions that are between Grand Alliances.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, The Other Shrek said:

Whitefang said "positively weird." That has got to mean a Swifthawks/Wanderers-Bonesplittaz merger. Wanderers were already kind of green anyway, so the weird part is probably that they're working for Grungi. The signs are all there and matches with a rumor I just made up about hybrid factions that are between Grand Alliances.

Orruk Kurnothi!

32 minutes ago, The Other Shrek said:

That has got to mean a Swifthawks/Wanderers-Bonesplittaz merger.

I think that releasing more orruks or elves is not weird enough. Bu do you know what would be a weird release?

More duardin units that are not heroes.

• Haha 2

First priority for a COS update will be removing the old empire models and the old Dwarf models. The most likely direct replacement will be the Flagellants, Steam tank, General on griffon, mage, luminark and then probably add a few unique human units, like a Ghyran mage or something. 

The Human range lacks any heavy infantry,  so I reckon if the Dwarfs are staying in the roster, they will simply create a Dwarf unit to fill that niche with maybe an artillery piece and 1-2 heroes. GW like to do partial updates to save room for future releases down the line, so at best I would expect max 7 units refreshed. 

Same thing happened with Seraphon where they updated a bunch of units and left the skinks and temple guard untouched. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

First priority for a COS update will be removing the old empire models and the old Dwarf models. The most likely direct replacement will be the Flagellants, Steam tank, General on griffon, mage, luminark and then probably add a few unique human units, like a Ghyran mage or something. 

The Human range lacks any heavy infantry,  so I reckon if the Dwarfs are staying in the roster, they will simply create a Dwarf unit to fill that niche with maybe an artillery piece and 1-2 heroes. GW like to do partial updates to save room for future releases down the line, so at best I would expect max 7 units refreshed. 

Same thing happened with Seraphon where they updated a bunch of units and left the skinks and temple guard untouched. 

With the first wave as example, I don't think that those units will be "remplaced". IMO they will just erase the warscroll and add some new different ones. 

As we saw during the first wave, there is a totally new perspective in CoS with the new chain of command with marshalls, new sub-regiments like castelite company and new beasts like garolians. 

To me old minis will indeed disappear sooner or later but I don't see a marshall on griffon but maybe on something else. I also hope for a 3 models squad of ogors, or a 3 models unit of monstruous cavalry with knights on gargolians. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vagard said:

With the first wave as example, I don't think that those units will be "remplaced". IMO they will just erase the warscroll and add some new different ones. 

As we saw during the first wave, there is a totally new perspective in CoS with the new chain of command with marshalls, new sub-regiments like castelite company and new beasts like garolians. 

To me old minis will indeed disappear sooner or later but I don't see a marshall on griffon but maybe on something else. I also hope for a 3 models squad of ogors, or a 3 models unit of monstruous cavalry with knights on gargolians. 

Flagellants and the generic mage will 100% be replaced as an AOS version, but yeah I agree for the most part. The steam tank will probably turn into something completely different and the same with the luminark, but for the most part I do agree with you. 

Knowing GW and now with the old world returning it wouldn't surprise me to see them purge huge chunks of the elves, dwarf and human rosters and replace them with nothing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Flagellants and the generic mage will 100% be replaced as an AOS version, but yeah I agree for the most part. The steam tank will probably turn into something completely different and the same with the luminark, but for the most part I do agree with you. 

Knowing GW and now with the old world returning it wouldn't surprise me to see them purge huge chunks of the elves, dwarf and human rosters and replace them with nothing. 

I am not so sure about the mages. We already have the Alchemite Warforger, which is a mage. They could say enough with that or, what had more sense IMO was an UW band with mages that you can use as different types of mages. But now with UW "gone" I wonder if we could see something like that in Warcry.