The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, pitzok said:

598abcd58f2555c63b673eab7390854b.png.1d0d5fa852f5184bf7249d9411f88870.png

This is actually a great idea honestly.

“Sir the vampires appear to be positioning themselves to aid us. A legion of skeletons has moved between our steelhelms and the demon vanguard, while blood knights are harrying their darkoath cavalry!”

”wait what?”

”the vampire general sent a message saying ‘don’t worry blood bags I got your back just get me a drink after’.”

”… what.”

”’PS when I say drink I mean your general wink wink’.”

”…”

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

“Sir the vampires appear to be positioning themselves to aid us. A legion of skeletons has moved between our steelhelms and the demon vanguard, while blood knights are harrying their darkoath cavalry!”

”wait what?”

”the vampire general sent a message saying ‘don’t worry blood bags I got your back just get me a drink after’.”

”… what.”

”…”

No but think about it, celtic wild elves that cultivate greenskin organisms to ride on and to fight or riding on giant monsters a'la exodites, chaos necromancers with horrible undead monstrosities. Chorfs when they come out could also be a hybrid chaos-destruction army making use of greenskins.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

”wait what?”

”… what.”

”…”

I've said it before this is exactly what AoS needs more of in the lore. Cooperation between the various parts of grand alliances against other parts. Especially Order, Death and Destruction, although at some point I'm sure there will be a way to align one of the Chaos armies with something from another alliance

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

”wait what?”

”… what.”

”…”

This sounds like the Siege of Lethis.

I made that a little tongue in cheek, but honestly yes big agree. I think not making Ulfenkarn a formal CoS option was a loss of potential.

vampires need humans/mortals. They come from mortals, they need mortals to continue the bloodline and to feed. While individual vampires may live forever, a dynasty requires people to rule over and to support their monarch.

it makes total sense that a death army would have ties to an order army in that regard: they are two parts of a cycle that, while sometimes hostile and predatory, is ultimately beneficial (unless you get eaten).

Edited by Sahrial
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Talas said:

UHHHH. Finally! This year's subscription is getting spicy day after day!

And more Hammer and Bolter! So we will have or or two episodes for AoS as well! 😅

That’s not all that’s coming to Warhammer TV. There’ll be plenty of new animated content, with more episodes of The Tithes to look forward to in the coming weeks after today’s launch of Episode One: Sacrifice. Further ahead there’ll be season two of Blacktalon, new episodes of Hammer and Bolter, and the ominously named Kill Lupercal.

Edited by Ejecutor

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

This sounds like the Siege of Lethis.

Also the End Times when good ol' Balthasar Gelt teamed up with Vlad to try and keep Chaos at bay. 

Think that ended up with Gelt doing some necromancy, Vlad impaled, and a Khorne-aligned Vampire on a dragon or something. I mean Khorne-aligned Vampires just make sense.

9 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

I made that a little tongue in cheek, but honestly yes big agree. I think not making Ulfenkarn a formal CoS option was a loss of potential.

vampires need humans/mortals. They come from mortals, they need mortals to continue the bloodline and to feed. While individual vampires may live forever, a dynasty requires people to rule over and to support their monarch.

it makes total sense that a death army would have ties to an order army in that regard: they are two parts of a cycle that, while sometimes hostile and predatory, is ultimately beneficial (unless you get eaten).

That happens in the lore, but I wouldn't call it a Death army joining forces with an Order army. In the lore it is all just CoS. So just Order. 😄

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That happens in the lore, but I wouldn't call it a Death army joining forces with an Order army. In the lore it is all just CoS. So just Order. 😄

But in lore there are vampire kingdoms where they rule over the living, as well as ossiarch-controlled human settlements.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Double post

Edited by pitzok

On 8/21/2024 at 4:35 AM, Vagard said:

To me there is too much expectations about the lore and the death GA. 

I only understood Whitefang's "death protagonist" as ruination chamber and Morr going foreground thanks to it. There is a lot of "death" related things like skulls, or ruination shields and the fact that now ScE are not immortal anymore. 

I don't think it has any link to Nagash or the GA death itself. Whitefang also teased ruination by comparing them to 40K death company. 

One last argument, as far as I remember, the lore does not go very far after the big box release. The story moves forward during the DB series to set up the new edition story but after the reveal it stalls pretty much the whole edition with minor news during battletome releases. 

Expecting nagash to do a big appearance to save everyone or to do something major now is just copium to me. The big thing was the vermindoom, it will be there at least until next edition and the death protagonist related to 4ed is morr and maybe some lore reveal during ScE 2nd wave related to stormcasts. 

None of this prevents Nagash/Death from moving up into a protagonist position for the edition though..? The lore does not have to move forward for this, it could simply be additions in a battletome to say the moves Nagash is making against Skaven: whether that's with Order or not.

Nagash has also had some pretty major losses and embarassments since the Necroquake, so it does feel about time for him to get a win.

I'll agree Whitefang's death comment was likely about Morrda, but that still doesn't stop the possibility of Death GA coming up mid-edition

edit: someone linked the comment and it reminded me "Death" in-context is specifically the GA

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

In the video there's a section where they stick "ideas" on a whiteboard:

1.jpg.f83a057ba70655172fad44509ef903c3.jpg

I've noticed one about KB and another about IDK. Also, one about Mordheim. Curious...

image.png.5554658a3a011bb21863a78adad5e866.png

Please give me the Mer-folk james, I want fish people not soulless elves. Please make the destruction ocean army a reality. I NEED IT.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And more Hammer and Bolter! So we will have or or two episodes for AoS as well! 😅

Those two episodes will be the standout of HB ahyo 

20 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Oh!! I was thinking about Hammer and Bolter!! With the Darkoaths episode we had a tease of upcoming minis. We will have to keep a careful eye on the new bunch of episodes and Black Talon 2!

we're still waiting on the "other stuff" from last season

image.png.273e72c8c23c5c5ffecb8286e6fa449c.pngimage.png.0338f4ee7852068e44c6cb40fedc2063.pngimage.jpeg.80ead674ec1795c8837b576c28b47b90.jpeg

Neave didn't have much int he way of stuff other then her crew 

20 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

That potion rack confirms my suspicions that our potion/book RE is Cities :)

2023-12-19.png

Yeah, I can see the similarity (especially with the Cities gargoyle looking decorations), and having little notes on the potions would be fitting for a human faction without infinite memory (Lumineth) or undead instinct.

Going to hold my breath until we see the Nighthaunt alchemist though (although this doesn't look as decayed as Death stuff would).

Edited by Asbestress

47 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

In the video there's a section where they stick "ideas" on a whiteboard:

1.jpg.f83a057ba70655172fad44509ef903c3.jpg

I've noticed one about KB and another about IDK. Also, one about Mordheim. Curious...

image.png.5554658a3a011bb21863a78adad5e866.png

Most of those are just jokes and not hints at new releases. The big exception though is that Emperor's children Marine. 

• Like 1