The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Ragest said:

The release of skaven “in the next 12 months” was weird af

I think Ejecutor observed that this was probably a qualifying statement relating to a giveaway. (Basically stating that this is the stuff that would make up the prize) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ragest said:

The release of skaven “in the next 12 months” was weird af

That's a wrong interpretation. It is related to the contest from Hel Crown where you win everything released in the next 12 months. I read this before in relation to this topic.

• Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I think Ejecutor observed that this was probably a qualifying statement relating to a giveaway. (Basically stating that this is the stuff that would make up the prize) 

And not only that. This is pure speculation, but why 1 year? Maybe they want to include something else from the Skavens and/or Stormcasts that could be released in Warcry or UW in a later month? Or it could be just that is mandatory for this kind of contest...

EDIT: For example, now that I think about it, the Stormcasts from the heroes series would be included in the prize?

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And not only that. This is pure speculation, but why 1 year? Maybe they want to include something else from the Skavens and/or Stormcasts that could be released in Warcry or UW in a later month? Or it could be just that is mandatory for this kind of contest...

EDIT: For example, now that I think about it, the Stormcasts from the heroes series would be included in the prize?

The 1 year qualifier could be important for legal reasons and cover delays and such.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

2023-12-19.png

Yeah, I can see the similarity (especially with the Cities gargoyle looking decorations), and having little notes on the potions would be fitting for a human faction without infinite memory (Lumineth) or undead instinct.

Going to hold my breath until we see the Nighthaunt alchemist though (although this doesn't look as decayed as Death stuff would).

Thank you for finding the actual pic!! I know Nighthaunt models have some wood-precedent but it just feels like something a City human/elf/dwarf would have

27 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Thank you for finding the actual pic!! I know Nighthaunt models have some wood-precedent but it just feels like something a City human/elf/dwarf would have

The thing is... what could it be? An alchemist unit/ hero? The replacement for the Luminark?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The thing is... what could it be? An alchemist unit/ hero? The replacement for the Luminark?

Alchemist is already sorta covered with the Alchemite.

My ideas would be:

• Apothecary themed Life wizard
  • Collegiate helper token miniature
  • Ironweld non-magic alchemist
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Uhh. Good shot! It could make total sense. Something recently abandoned/ ruined such as Hel Crown or Embergard.

Would be a fabulous contrast to all the other abandoned and ruined buildings we‘ve gotten. 🤔

Still funny we haven‘t gotten the pristine CoS buildings that have been floating around 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

In the video there's a section where they stick "ideas" on a whiteboard:

1.jpg.f83a057ba70655172fad44509ef903c3.jpg

I've noticed one about KB and another about IDK. Also, one about Mordheim. Curious...

image.png.5554658a3a011bb21863a78adad5e866.png

Many spies erm dads died to bring us these „jokes“

image.jpeg.ca9bd44cfc2f91ad092186c868fefe1c.jpeg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Luminark will not leave

Luminark and Griffin are both looking pretty safe for Cities.

The Luminark is not in Old World at all. There are only rules for the War Altar of Sigmar, which exists as a variant/upgrade to the Luminark kit, but has also been its own kit in the past. And if you think this kind of thing matters, both Luminarks and Hurricanums have played a role in the AoS narrative/world building and have been featured in the art.

The Griffin recently lost the option to be run as double-headed in TOW. This might indicate that long-term, they are planning to re-release an older Griffin kit and keep Karl Franz and Deathclaw in AoS.

More broadly, both of these kits were introduced in 8th ed, which I kind of suspect means they are internally treated as AoS kits. It is certainly the case for other units like Blight Kings, Nagash, the Verminlord etc. We have seen some 8th ed kits leave the AoS range already (e.g. Demigryphs), but I think the fact that the Hurricanum and Griffin have stuck with us for so long through several waves of discontinuation means they are with us for the long haul.

Of the leftover empire kits, I personally only see Flagellants and the Steam Tank as due for an update. The Battlemage kit is a maybe. It doesn't really need an update, as the different magical weirdos it can build are definitely a close enough fit for the AoS setting to stick around.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Luminark and Griffin are both looking pretty safe for Cities.

The Luminark is not in Old World at all. There are only rules for the War Altar of Sigmar, which exists as a variant/upgrade to the Luminark kit, but has also been its own kit in the past. And if you think this kind of thing matters, both Luminarks and Hurricanums have played a role in the AoS narrative/world building and have been featured in the art.

The Griffin recently lost the option to be run as double-headed in TOW. This might indicate that long-term, they are planning to re-release an older Griffin kit and keep Karl Franz and Deathclaw in AoS.

More broadly, both of these kits were introduced in 8th ed, which I kind of suspect means they are internally treated as AoS kits. It is certainly the case for other units like Blight Kings, Nagash, the Verminlord etc. We have seen some 8th ed kits leave the AoS range already (e.g. Demigryphs), but I think the fact that the Hurricanum and Griffin have stuck with us for so long through several waves of discontinuation means they are with us for the long haul.

Of the leftover empire kits, I personally only see Flagellants and the Steam Tank as due for an update. The Battlemage kit is a maybe. It doesn't really need an update, as the different magical weirdos it can build are definitely a close enough fit for the AoS setting to stick around.

How is the Griffin safe when it has a Karl Franzs advert? xD

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The funny thing is that that griffon also has no place in TOW too. :D 

Anyway not bothered about it, as this will be my imperial griffon for TOW and it is also a better update for AoS.

image.png?ex=66c9308f&is=66c7df0f&hm=8270161629e0fede37583e99827f63f5af5587447268203cb1e729b8144d6f93&=

image.png?ex=66c94c19&is=66c7fa99&hm=786ca64d5b0e963f8d7a2967283def756148cb7e5ac2520bb72792a3510112e3&=

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

GW mystery. I also thought the Hurricanum and Luminark kits would be removed for that reason before the Cities release actually happened, but they were not, so personally that tells me GW just doesn't consider it a big deal.