The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

How is the Griffin safe when it has a Karl Franzs advert? xD

It Marshal Karl Franz MCDDXI mythicaly said to be descendant to a emperor of the old world LOL

But even in the TOW that name mean nothing since it centuries before his borth and his ancestor name wasn't Karl

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

I think they actually managed to change the name on ToW book.

IMG_1630.jpeg.c493625fbd05cbf820fdf2d807aa0db3.jpeg

The kit come with two other non-descriptive insignia 

I know i have the dragon one on my  but i don't remember the other one

But you can build a generics verion of the griffon without having the name karl franz

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Karl Franz is just how you say hello in the mortal realms, it doesn't come up much.

Doesn't the luminark/hurricanum also have Karl Franz written on it somewhere?  I feel like I remember that when I was painting mine 1000 years ago.  Tbh I would kinda like to see an AoS reimagining of the luminark, the idea of a mobile mad wizard tower/workshop is a fun one, but the actual models I find pretty goofy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

GW mystery. I also thought the Hurricanum and Luminark kits would be removed for that reason before the Cities release actually happened, but they were not, so personally that tells me GW just doesn't consider it a big deal.

Also, I don't think having an appearance in the lore or images makes any difference:

Games Workshop Battletome - Cities of Sigmar (Eng) : Amazon.es: Juguetes y  juegos

Even the SCE from the back have vanished.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

I think they actually managed to change the name on ToW book.

IMG_1630.jpeg.c493625fbd05cbf820fdf2d807aa0db3.jpeg

Would it be weird to have an "upgrade" sprue with a different name? One that can be shared between AoS and ToW and even shared between two different users? One for AoS and using the Sigmar chest, and the rest is for ToW Empire regions.

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

The kit come with two other non-descriptive insignia 

I know i have the dragon one on my  but i don't remember the other one

But you can build a generics verion of the griffon without having the name karl franz

Ohh. That explains everything. I won't buy it, because it is my rule of buying AoS only kits, but honestly... is not a bad kit. Bigger than Thalia, it has multiple options... and costs almost a third of Thalia's kit.

EDIT. This is it. Pretty handy the picture of the sprue, GW. We can see the details of those 3 chests xD

image.png.39652bacfa55c6bc92191bffd8a4e962.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Karl Franz is just how you say hello in the mortal realms, it doesn't come up much.

Doesn't the luminark/hurricanum also have Karl Franz written on it somewhere?  I feel like I remember that when I was painting mine 1000 years ago.  Tbh I would kinda like to see an AoS reimagining of the luminark, the idea of a mobile mad wizard tower/workshop is a fun one, but the actual models I find pretty goofy.

And the horses don't do it any favour.

Just now, RetconnedLegion said:

TBH I think its days became numbered with Vahlias release. Big heraldic beast mount? Got two now so the old ones redundant.

I think so as well. And I don't see CoS as a big monsters army anymore. Thalia is the exception because she is the big leader.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

The funny thing is that that griffon also has no place in TOW too. :D 

Anyway not bothered about it, as this will be my imperial griffon for TOW and it is also a better update for AoS.

image.png?ex=66c9308f&is=66c7df0f&hm=8270161629e0fede37583e99827f63f5af5587447268203cb1e729b8144d6f93&=

image.png?ex=66c94c19&is=66c7fa99&hm=786ca64d5b0e963f8d7a2967283def756148cb7e5ac2520bb72792a3510112e3&=

The forbidden Codpiece 

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I think so as well. And I don't see CoS as a big monsters army anymore. Thalia is the exception because she is the big leader.

How? Various other faction still has their big generic leader model even when there a name character

Sylvaneth aren't losing their spirit of Durthru because Beltahos is a thing

Same with Stardrakes (and rumor of the Morrgryph), Carnosaur, Magmadroth, The lord vanari, maw grunta, Khardon ships, Terrorghiest ect ect.

Edited by Dragon-knight77

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I have no interest in Thalia, and since I run a Hammer Ghyra army, I'd rather use a generic hero on monster then a named character. 

Makes even less sense to use her in a Lethis or Misthaven army. 

• Like 2

How? Various other faction still has their big generic leader model even when there a name character

Same with Stardrakes (and rumor of the Morrgryph), Carnosaur, Magmadroth, The lord vanari, maw grunta, Khardon ships, Terrorghiest ect ect.

Because the Griffon is a leftover from WHFB and no longer matches the aesthetic of Cities humans.

The pattern for Cities has also been to keep the leftover WHFB units until their archetype is present elsewhere in AoS. Leftover Wood Elves went after the fleshing out of Sylvaneth, leftover High Elves went after the Lumineth were established. 

Cities has a leader on a big winged heraldic beast, which is why I’m expecting the Griffon to depart in the not too distant future.

• Like 3

This is all my personal opinion. CoS and Darkoath are both the lowest of the low fantasy from AoS. They are all about hummies with little sparks of monsters. For example, I wouldn't see a Darkoath over a mount like the Abraxias one. But their monster from the box? It fits and has a lore explanation. Enough.

In fact, for CoS I see big machines made by humans or duardins rather than big monsters. Something like the Mechanical horses from Vindicarum.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AquaRegis said:

I have no interest in Thalia, and since I run a Hammer Ghyra army, I'd rather use a generic hero on monster then a named character. 

Makes even less sense to use her in a Lethis or Misthaven army. 

I don't think so. Hammerhall is the leading city of all the cities of Sigmar. And Vedra is one of her leading authorities. It makes total sense that she goes and helps other cities if needed.

Nothing to do with Thalia per se but I generally hate that so many of the super special characters pop up in way too many games. I really would like to see more of our own heroes personally (something for the next edition perhaps?) ….or make the GW created heroes less „mandatory“ to take. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Nothing to do with Thalia per se but I generally hate that so many of the super special characters pop up in way too many games. I really would like to see more of our own heroes personally (something for the next edition perhaps?) ….or make the GW created heroes less „mandatory“ to take. 

I have forced myself to accept it by making the special characters my own unique characters. Yndrasta is not specifically her but an angelic hero, nor is Be'lakor the first demon prince but rather an ancient demon that has developed a cult of followers. 

It doesn't solve the problem but it has provided me more joy in using these units in my army 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I have forced myself to accept it by making the special characters my own unique characters. Yndrasta is not specifically her but an angelic hero, nor is Be'lakor the first demon prince but rather an ancient demon that has developed a cult of followers. 

It doesn't solve the problem but it has provided me more joy in using these units in my army 

Yeah, that‘s a good compromise, the best possible right now. 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, that‘s a good compromise, the best possible right now. 👍

Tzeentch is particularly great for this, as you can develop heroes that put on the guise of the Curseling or Ahriman with their spellcraft for some complex scheme.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Tzeentch is particularly great for this, as you can develop heroes that put on the guise of the Curseling or Ahriman with their spellcraft for some complex scheme.

Good news then- Curselings aren’t a unique person, they’re just a dude with a Tzeentchian parasite.