The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, AquaRegis said:

I have no interest in Thalia, and since I run a Hammer Ghyra army, I'd rather use a generic hero on monster then a named character. 

Makes even less sense to use her in a Lethis or Misthaven army. 

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

Nothing to do with Thalia per se but I generally hate that so many of the super special characters pop up in way too many games. I really would like to see more of our own heroes personally (something for the next edition perhaps?) ….or make the GW created heroes less „mandatory“ to take. 

Yeah, I like Thalia for a painting project, but I really dislike that AoS is so special character focussed. Imo, you should still be able to use a generic marshal on a big beast when CoS receives its battletome

CoS currently has the battlemage/ marshal on griffon and Dreadlord and Sorceress on Black dragon. If they remove these options, they should replace it with newer sculpts or another kind of big creature.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Good news then- Curselings aren’t a unique person, they’re just a dude with a Tzeentchian parasite. 

Oh wow I didn't now that was the case in AoS am I misremembering the Curseling being unique in Old World?

14 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Good news then- Curselings aren’t a unique person, they’re just a dude with a Tzeentchian parasite. 

it is pretty funny how AOS generalized a few character models from WHFB, I do think that once enough AOS-specific names are created we will see more generic heroes.

32 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

it is pretty funny how AOS generalized a few character models from WHFB, I do think that once enough AOS-specific names are created we will see more generic heroes.

It depends from army to army. I mean, fyreslayers have 0 and Kharadrons 2... and none of them are big centerpieces. 

Common GW, just release a secons wave for both armies...

• Like 4

On 8/22/2024 at 7:34 PM, CommissarRotke said:

Ogor fans, I present:

image.png.38516c97c3394e0dfb00418d23ddadd3.png

Spilling the Yhe-tea

Of all the minis for Ogors I wanna see updated, the Yehtees are one of the ones I want to see most. Especially after seeing how incredible the Gorgers turned out!!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Of all the minis for Ogors I wanna see updated, the Yehtees are one of the ones I want to see most. Especially after seeing how incredible the Gorgers turned out!!

Coming this Everwinter, 2024

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It depends from army to army. I mean, fyreslayers have 0 and Kharadrons 2... and none of them are big centerpieces. 

Common GW, just release a secons wave for both armies...

I'll be surprised if Fyreslayers don't receive at least one whenever their second wave drops, whether that's Bael-Grimnir finally getting a unique model or a named Magna Queen.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I hoping for Firebellies their lore cool and the Polynesian aesthetic is unique 

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'll be surprised if Fyreslayers don't receive at least one whenever their second wave drops, whether that's Bael-Grimnir finally getting a unique model or a named Magna Queen.

Or both could be both 

Robo-gold dad and Daughter tag team

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Tzeentch is particularly great for this, as you can develop heroes that put on the guise of the Curseling or Ahriman with their spellcraft for some complex scheme.

Oh, our „problem“ regarding this is Kairos - most well known character and definitely the best named one (sorry, Changeling, but you‘re a funny pick at best and terrible at worst) to use in DoT at the moment…. Kairos is basically one of those models that whole armies and playstyles revolve around, basically one of the best negative examples one could think of. :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So I think I found my next username! 

Don‘t - Wizards of The Coast* (not associated with your local Tzeentch cult funnily enough) might sue you if you pick Neverwinter.

*By the power of Hasbro or something…

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Because the Griffon no longer matches the aesthetic of Cities humans.

i disagree with that specific statement i have seen a bunch nu-COS army that synergize with the karl franz model like pic below

CoS.jpeg.a3d4ea54f1b6e7ca34ca1572bdb6bef0.jpeg

but whatever

Doesn't anyone find it weird that keeping the game showing up in NOVA vague? like only announcing the game that presumably are getting roadmaps

NOVA Incoming Aug19 Promo ALT

compare that to last year

Adepticon Incoming Mar13 Systems

24 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Doesn't anyone find it weird that keeping the game showing up in NOVA vague? like only announcing the game that presumably are getting roadmaps

Not really. They can still announce it next week in the "previews to the preview". And if not, that will incite people to go watch it just in case.

After all, if you say which game will have news, it's obvious people who aren't interested by these games will simply skip it.

GW is constantly adapting depending on what worked and what didn't in their past shows.

• Like 2

Back with more rumors from the underworlds. I'm not good with emojis so I'll provide some verbal teasers instead.

- already previously shared that of course rats and the golden boys will be facing off

- a character will be lugging his "potbelly" around

- rawr

- evil gimlis aren't the only "herald" of something new we'll see; in fact there is a "herald" tie in with two other coming warbands

There's a couple other things in the pipeline - 1 chaos, 1 destruction

• Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 11

3 minutes ago, Talas said:

Thank you so much! Can we expect an announcement at NOVA?

Sometimes the crystal ball provides clarity in some areas but not others. My own personal speculation is how could we not but maybe they're no longer married to the existing release model of a box in October and April.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Back with more rumors from the underworlds. I'm not good with emojis so I'll provide some verbal teasers instead.

- already previously shared that of course rats and the golden boys will be facing off

- rawr

- evil gimlis aren't the only "herald" of something new we'll see; in fact there is a "herald" tie in with two other coming warbands

More heralds? Might there be something fishy going on?

Edited by pitzok
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

- rawr

Sounds great, I really liked the game in the beginning, but lost it after all those card expansions. I always loved the Underworlds warbands for painting projects and for use in AoS as unit champions/characters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

- rawr

That  sounds absolutely great ! 

So it’s could be :

New starter set Skaven vs Stormcast ( as usual)

Ogre warband ( potbelly)

Slaanesh warband ( rawr)

Chorfs warband ( evil gimlis)

Herald new faction warband (???)

Chaos warband

Destruction warband

So 8 warbands in total 👍 

6 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

- rawr

Chaos Duardin Warband AND Ogors!? It must be a Firebelly Warband surely!!

FIRE VS FIRE!!

A new Destruction Faction in the Pipeline? SILENT PEOPLE!?!?! @SilentSentinel

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Btw, not exactly sure how to react to the rumours of a FOURTH skaven underworlds warband that is confirmed to go to Legends.

Oh, who am I kidding. Id buy anyways.

But yes, if I had to choose, Id prefer Warcry.

Edited by Garrac
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, cyrus said:

That  sounds absolutely great ! 

So it’s could be :

New starter set Skaven vs Stormcast ( as usual)

Ogre warband ( potbelly)

Slaanesh warband ( rawr)

Chorfs warband ( evil gimlis)

Herald new faction warband (???)

Chaos warband

Destruction warband

So 8 warbands in total 👍 

Baby Giant confirmed for underworlds. 

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1