The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Sometimes the crystal ball provides clarity in some areas but not others. My own personal speculation is how could we not but maybe they're no longer married to the existing release model of a box in October and April.

MALERIOOON

• LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

- evil gimlis aren't the only "herald" of something new we'll see; in fact there is a "herald" tie in with two other coming warbands

There's a couple other things in the pipeline - 1 chaos, 1 destruction

I still hope for a return of the Beasts with the herald of Morghur, but the chance of this happening is not even 0 but -{\displaystyle \infty }

I would like new Idoneth, which is pretty likely, but maybe not compatible with a herald? Unless they introduce a new character, but Volturnos is an enough interesting character that could plot things for a reveal and Idoneth actually have quite a lot of named characters, so they would probably just get a wave when their battletome releases, and this hasn't to be lore related. Also they already have a lot of underwold warbands (give us models, not just warbands GW pleeeeease....). I am personally really tired of always only getting new warbands, which do not look that special apart from the 1 sea animal they put in.

Herald of Kragnos forces coming back? I wouldn't mind getting some beasts of destruction - in 40k beasts aren't tied exclusively to chaos anymore either, so I would not mind that much honestly, they could also just want to destroy chaos altogether now, since literally every chaos God turned against them (problem is, they still impersonate chaos itself so that's quite a stretch and a retcon, but hey, it's GW).

A herald of the Kurnothi? Belthanos already represents Kurnous and is his herald. Unlikely, but one can dream, right?

A herald of Malerion? This would be cool! I am personally not planning to start an Umbraneth army, but would enjoy seeing all the Dark Elves player and everyone else rejoice about finally getting their Dark Elves. But, hey, we're not in 2035.... Or 2050?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sarouan said:

Not really. They can still announce it next week in the "previews to the preview". And if not, that will incite people to go watch it just in case.

After all, if you say which game will have news, it's obvious people who aren't interested by these games will simply skip it.

GW is constantly adapting depending on what worked and what didn't in their past shows.

Yeah, if you don't know what they will show, and they mentioned roadmaps, they will have more audience.

23 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Luminark and Griffin are both looking pretty safe for Cities.

The Luminark is not in Old World at all. There are only rules for the War Altar of Sigmar, which exists as a variant/upgrade to the Luminark kit, but has also been its own kit in the past. And if you think this kind of thing matters, both Luminarks and Hurricanums have played a role in the AoS narrative/world building and have been featured in the art.

The Griffin recently lost the option to be run as double-headed in TOW. This might indicate that long-term, they are planning to re-release an older Griffin kit and keep Karl Franz and Deathclaw in AoS.

More broadly, both of these kits were introduced in 8th ed, which I kind of suspect means they are internally treated as AoS kits. It is certainly the case for other units like Blight Kings, Nagash, the Verminlord etc. We have seen some 8th ed kits leave the AoS range already (e.g. Demigryphs), but I think the fact that the Hurricanum and Griffin have stuck with us for so long through several waves of discontinuation means they are with us for the long haul.

Of the leftover empire kits, I personally only see Flagellants and the Steam Tank as due for an update. The Battlemage kit is a maybe. It doesn't really need an update, as the different magical weirdos it can build are definitely a close enough fit for the AoS setting to stick around.

This seems weird because the griffin is full of Empire iconography. Same for the luminark. I own an hurricanum and tbf, the horses pulling it look like ponies compared to the new CoS cavaliers horses. 

I could see them get an upgrade sprue to integrate them further in the CoS range, that would be nice. Seems unlikely but not imossible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

This seems weird because the griffin is full of Empire iconography. Same for the luminark. I own an hurricanum and tbf, the horses pulling it look like ponies compared to the new CoS cavaliers horses. 

I could see them get an upgrade sprue to integrate them further in the CoS range, that would be nice. Seems unlikely but not imossible.

I don't think GW are doing upgrade sprues for AoS, so personally I think they will either stay or be replaced. As I said before, I am leaning towards these kits just staying with us for at least the span of 4th ed.

• Like 1

Now, come on, adults are talking: isnt there anyone with a crystal ball that could tell us about the future of Warcry? As anyone following this forum might know, Im excited to see new Eshin infantry that relegates the monkeys to oblivion, but I just realised the current theme being "woods and things" if theres a skaven band kt could also be a "Rat Wolves + packmasters" team.

Or perhaps the UW team is composed of rat wolves????

7 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Back with more rumors from the underworlds. I'm not good with emojis so I'll provide some verbal teasers instead.

- already previously shared that of course rats and the golden boys will be facing off

- a character will be lugging his "potbelly" around

- rawr

- evil gimlis aren't the only "herald" of something new we'll see; in fact there is a "herald" tie in with two other coming warbands

Oh boy. Here we go back to the cryptic rumours!

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't think GW are doing upgrade sprues for AoS, so personally I think they will either stay or be replaced. As I said before, I am leaning towards these kits just staying with us for at least the span of 4th ed.

That's a bit of a shame because the KT upgrade sprues they've done for 40k are imo a great idea. Upgrade sprues in general seem to be liked by everyone. For example, Victrix is starting to do some after massive customer request - I don't see why GW is so shy about it in AoS. They do it all the time in 40k/30k.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

That  sounds absolutely great ! 

So it’s could be :

New starter set Skaven vs Stormcast ( as usual)

Ogre warband ( potbelly)

Slaanesh warband ( rawr)

Chorfs warband ( evil gimlis)

Herald new faction warband (???)

Chaos warband

Destruction warband

So 8 warbands in total 👍 

I see the Rawr as a Dinosaur sound or animal sound of some sort.

• Like 5

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Or maybe we won't in this case, as we don't even know the games.

Oh, thats right, we still dont know them, lol. I presumed all of them would be present since we dont know what Underworlds/Warcry/Necromunda are getting this fall.

58 minutes ago, Son Of Morghur said:

I still hope for a return of the Beasts with the herald of Morghur, but the chance of this happening is not even 0 but -{\displaystyle \infty }

I would like new Idoneth, which is pretty likely, but maybe not compatible with a herald? Unless they introduce a new character, but Volturnos is an enough interesting character that could plot things for a reveal and Idoneth actually have quite a lot of named characters, so they would probably just get a wave when their battletome releases, and this hasn't to be lore related. Also they already have a lot of underwold warbands (give us models, not just warbands GW pleeeeease....). I am personally really tired of always only getting new warbands, which do not look that special apart from the 1 sea animal they put in.

Herald of Kragnos forces coming back? I wouldn't mind getting some beasts of destruction - in 40k beasts aren't tied exclusively to chaos anymore either, so I would not mind that much honestly, they could also just want to destroy chaos altogether now, since literally every chaos God turned against them (problem is, they still impersonate chaos itself so that's quite a stretch and a retcon, but hey, it's GW).

A herald of the Kurnothi? Belthanos already represents Kurnous and is his herald. Unlikely, but one can dream, right?

A herald of Malerion? This would be cool! I am personally not planning to start an Umbraneth army, but would enjoy seeing all the Dark Elves player and everyone else rejoice about finally getting their Dark Elves. But, hey, we're not in 2035.... Or 2050?

If beasts would come back so early they wouldn't have to do the mess they did, IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Back with more rumors from the underworlds. I'm not good with emojis so I'll provide some verbal teasers instead.

- already previously shared that of course rats and the golden boys will be facing off

- rawr

If we finally see some Ogors then we could see how the refresh is being cooked.

Cooked, did you get it?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

35 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Now, come on, adults are talking: isnt there anyone with a crystal ball that could tell us about the future of Warcry? As anyone following this forum might know, Im excited to see new Eshin infantry that relegates the monkeys to oblivion, but I just realised the current theme being "woods and things" if theres a skaven band kt could also be a "Rat Wolves + packmasters" team.

Or perhaps the UW team is composed of rat wolves????

You know the monkeys will never be relegated to oblivion. :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

Btw, not exactly sure how to react to the rumours of a FOURTH skaven underworlds warband that is confirmed to go to Legends.

Oh, who am I kidding. Id buy anyways.

But yes, if I had to choose, Id prefer Warcry.

Just remember: they make excellent proxies in place of the [x]runners, especially if they're added to legends, no more unit confusion!

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

That's a bit of a shame because the KT upgrade sprues they've done for 40k are imo a great idea. Upgrade sprues in general seem to be liked by everyone. For example, Victrix is starting to do some after massive customer request - I don't see why GW is so shy about it in AoS. They do it all the time in 40k/30k.

Exactly. Give us upgrade sprues for i.e command models. So steelhelms can have a different banner guy. GW AoS kits are fantastic, but imo the diversity of command figures is lacking. Certainly if you want to have that unit 2 or more times in your army.

If Victrix has the money for it, than GW surely.

Homepagebanner-mobilecopy-NowShippingcopy3_2048x.jpg?v=1709297392

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

- rawr

Do you have time to talk about our Hashut overlords ?

Gorduz Backstabber :: Hobgoblins (Wh FB) :: Chaos Dwarfs :: Warhammer  Fantasy :: фэндомы - SafeReactor

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

That’s what I found and I thought about Slaanesh ;)

Rawr :   (onomatopoeia, Internet slang, text messaging) An expression of great appreciation, a happy imitation of a roar, often to emphasize sexual attraction.

Edited by cyrus
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Exactly. Give us upgrade sprues for i.e command models. So steelhelms can have a different banner guy. GW AoS kits are fantastic, but imo the diversity of command figures is lacking. Certainly if you want to have that unit 2 or more times in your army.

If Victrix has the money for it, than GW surely.

Homepagebanner-mobilecopy-NowShippingcopy3_2048x.jpg?v=1709297392

The  new Skaven clanrats have two completely different  sets of command figures with several head options for the leaders. I hope they do this more.  I Agree that GW should at least put two banners in the sets that have them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe it's related to this ( less certain for the 2nd) :

Spoiler

hVMobPXxWJsyIyvx.jpg52W6lc3AIIwUod1x.jpg

In any case, it's great news to have exciting rumours about UW. This game deserves it !

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Chaos Duardin Warband AND Ogors!? It must be a Firebelly Warband surely!!

FIRE VS FIRE!!

A new Destruction Faction in the Pipeline? SILENT PEOPLE!?!?! @SilentSentinel

Oh man with how well they pulled off the new vespid models I would be so keen to see how they do Silent People! I'll be overjoyed if they resemble how they look in that White Dwarf article. They're probably up there alongside Malerions faction as a faction I really want to see come to the game, maybe even more so than Malerions faction because of how unique the Silent People would be.

Fingers crossed this second herald warband is for them, failing that I would still be fairly happy if it was something for Malerion.    

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

What's also strange is that I count 9 warbands in @Nighthaunt Noob news :

1. SE
  2. Skavens
  3. Ogor ? (potbelly)
  4. Slaanesh ? Seraphon ? (rawr)
  5. Chaos duardins
  6. 2nd mystery faction (Malerion ?)
  7. 3rd mystery faction (Tyrion's lumineth ? Silent People ?)
  8. Chaos wb
  9. Destruction wb

Unless potbelly is with skavens or there are several overlapping seasons in this news.

15 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

Oh man with how well they pulled off the new vespid models I would be so keen to see how they do Silent People! I'll be overjoyed if they resemble how they look in that White Dwarf article. They're probably up there alongside Malerions faction as a faction I really want to see come to the game, maybe even more so than Malerions faction because of how unique the Silent People would be.

Fingers crossed this second herald warband is for them, failing that I would still be fairly happy if it was something for Malerion.    

Bear in mind that the WD article was a bunch of scrapped material from Season of War Gallet.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Draznak said:

What's also strange is that I count 9 warbands in @Nighthaunt Noob news :

1. SE
  2. Skavens
  3. Ogor ? (potbelly)
  4. Slaanesh ? Seraphon ? (rawr)
  5. Chaos duardins
  6. 2nd mystery faction (Malerion ?)
  7. 3rd mystery faction (Tyrion's lumineth ? Silent People ?)
  8. Chaos wb
  9. Destruction wb

Unless potbelly is with skavens or there are several overlapping seasons in this news.

They didn’t specifically say that there other herald’s weren’t part of a different warband to other mentioned ones. It could be that the Ogor one or Rawr one is hinting at something new coming to those factions rather than adapting warbands from already known elements