The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, EonChao said:

They didn’t specifically say that there other herald’s weren’t part of a different warband to other mentioned ones. It could be that the Ogor one or Rawr one is hinting at something new coming to those factions rather than adapting warbands from already known elements 

You're right. I may have been too keen to see different warbands for each clue.

Time will tell (or if @Nighthaunt Noob can tell us more).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Back with more rumors from the underworlds. I'm not good with emojis so I'll provide some verbal teasers instead.

- already previously shared that of course rats and the golden boys will be facing off

- a character will be lugging his "potbelly" around

- rawr

- evil gimlis aren't the only "herald" of something new we'll see; in fact there is a "herald" tie in with two other coming warbands

There's a couple other things in the pipeline - 1 chaos, 1 destruction

my assumptions 

• already previously shared that of course rats and the golden boys will be facing off
    • Stormcast--->Veritant warband? unless they're another hero model they expand upon like a lord terminos or maybe a legends one; Knight Herlador but that high unlikely so going with Veritant warband
    • Skaven---> Packmaster and his rat companion with one in his mini-doomwheel
      • Skaven Packmaster by Shivani11 on DeviantArt

• a character will be lugging his "potbelly" around
    • Ogres-->Butcher warband or could be Son of Behemat---->single fat hill gargant subspecies and maybe a pet or two like Mollgog
      • Hill Giants | GM Binder

• rawr
    • Seraphon?? Quetzl skinks with razordon?
    • the thing is that they usually circulate alliance and coming how we got Order i think it could also be Death in which i might be either a Ossiach construct warband (similar to the warcry) or Avengorii vampire warband

• evil gimlis aren't the only "herald" of something new we'll see; in fact there is a "herald" tie in with two other coming warbands
    • So they're will be two warbands that will preview something to come. Interesting so Underworlds can actually be use for speculation for what exactly is being heralds and exactly is the herald. Could be like a city dwarf in a Cos Warband or Gitmob grot in a chaos dwarf warband

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

my assumptions 

• already previously shared that of course rats and the golden boys will be facing off
    • Stormcast--->Veritant warband? unless they're another hero model they expand upon like a lord terminos or maybe a legends one; Knight Herlador but that high unlikely so going with Veritant warband
    • Skaven---> Packmaster and his rat companion with one in his mini-doomwheel
      • Skaven Packmaster by Shivani11 on DeviantArt

• a character will be lugging his "potbelly" around
    • Ogres-->Butcher warband or could be Son of Behemat---->single fat hill gargant subspecies and maybe a pet or two like Mollgog
      • Hill Giants | GM Binder

• rawr
    • Seraphon?? Quetzl skinks with razordon?
    • the thing is that they usually circulate alliance and coming how we got Order i think it could also be Death in which i might be either a Ossiach construct warband (similar to the warcry) or Avengorii vampire warband

• evil gimlis aren't the only "herald" of something new we'll see; in fact there is a "herald" tie in with two other coming warbands
    • So they're will be two warbands that will preview something to come. Interesting so Underworlds can actually be use for speculation for what exactly is being heralds and exactly is the herald. Could be like a city dwarf in a Cos Warband or Gitmob grot in a chaos dwarf warband

The packmaster makes sense. They fill another unit and will be released soon enough for WF Jr to know them. My question is... are they changing the UW format? Because if you release a Skavens unit that wasn't there in the main refresh, but then you cannot use it in AoS... it would be weird.

18 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Guys, you are asuming each and one of those rumours refere to a separate warband. With if, for example, the potbelly giy is actually a skaven?

Like Glart Smashrip from B-Bowl

As happy as I am about “Evil Gimli” rumors for Underworlds, I’m gonna have to hold off on rumor-mongering today. My reason? I’m finally graduating from college. I’d like to thank all of you here on The Grand Alliance Community for offering me an escape when things got too crazy, and BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! I wish everyone here good fortune today.image.jpg.e3f1cc83ea419be45776536d831bbfdd.jpg

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 29
  • LOVE IT! 5

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

Now I'm hoping that the Brethren of The Bolt are actually heralds of new Devoted stuff.

I hoping for the usual stuff 

• Kurnothi
  • Man eaters like Blackpowder’s Buccaneers
  • DOK design go more Morgwaeth’s Blade Coven then Gryselle’s Arenai
  • Clan Eshin
  • Von Cartine infantry
  • Grave guard
37 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The packmaster makes sense. They fill another unit and will be released soon enough for WF Jr to know them. My question is... are they changing the UW format? Because if you release a Skavens unit that wasn't there in the main refresh, but then you cannot use it in AoS... it would be weird.

Don't they usually release rules for AOS whenever they reveal a UW warband regardless of when their battletome is realse? 

5 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Like Glart Smashrip from B-Bowl

I hate how you introduce me to this guy

Glart Smashrip

• Haha 2

So, Im going to guess the skaven warband can be either of these two things:

-Skryrre guys with the leader riding over the mini-doomwheel. Rest of the guys are rat-robots

-Moulder, 1-3 packmasters with rat wolves around. The packmasters using whips missing from the master moulder model

Also, worth considering Warcry with:

-A much well-beloved new Eshin infantry thing

-A Pestilens infantry kit (with censer bearers)

-Packmasters+rat wolves

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I hoping for the usual stuff 

• Kurnothi
  • Man eaters like Blackpowder’s Buccaneers
  • DOK design go more Morgwaeth’s Blade Coven then Gryselle’s Arenai
  • Clan Eshin
  • Von Cartine infantry
  • Grave guard

Don't they usually release rules for AOS whenever they reveal a UW warband regardless of when their battletome is realse? 

I hate how you introduce me to this guy

Glart Smashrip

All UW warbands are now legends. They will have AoS rules, yeah, but I was talking from a non legends POV.

Given the old UW warbands all got Legends'd, but the Skaven Warcom reveal article mentioned Thanquol and the 'Plague Pack' getting new releases - possibly meaning Skabbik's Plaguepack are getting repurposed into a generic Skaven Pestilens unit - I wonder if we might see the new UW warbands aimed at being added to AoS the same way Warcry has shifted its releases, moving from super-unique and specific groups into warbands who'll be able to translate over into a generic AoS unit instead.

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

As happy as I am about “Evil Gimli” rumors for Underworlds, I’m gonna have to hold off on rumor-mongering today. My reason? I’m finally graduating from college. I’d like to thank all of you here on The Grand Alliance Community for offering me an escape when things got too crazy, and BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! I wish everyone here good fortune today.image.jpg.e3f1cc83ea419be45776536d831bbfdd.jpg

Congratulations!

8 minutes ago, Loskelodd said:

Gitmob did get stuff for Underworlds at some point, and I seem to recall Whitefang talking about those?

At any rate, I hope GW won't pull another Horns of Hashut on us. I need to finally see my evil Dwarfs. 😭

Apart form that we have...

hmcBGsIB8Dn1Xv0t.jpg

17 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Doesn't anyone find it weird that keeping the game showing up in NOVA vague? like only announcing the game that presumably are getting roadmaps

i do think it's weird, i feel like they usually always tell us the games that will be present

14 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

in fact there is a "herald" tie in with two other coming warbands

heralds of Kurnoth andddd... Silent People?

8 hours ago, cyrus said:

New starter set Skaven vs Stormcast ( as usual)

no I think they mean both second waves of these faction releases since they aren't out yet? forgot about underworlds context sorry

Edited by CommissarRotke

2 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

They're separate clues. There are two warbands that have a connection to "herald" both literally and in terms of theme.

Herald of Hashut 

Herald of Malerion 

Solved ! 😉👍

• Like 2