The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

you forgot the chimera 

GLJlmkfxZ8AnvDEc.png

Edit: wait don't see it in the website anymore

did they stealth drop it?

The Chimera was Beast of Chaos BT as the Dragon ogres which return as WoC units.

3 hours ago, DinoJon said:

You know, this will be the first time I’ll actually have the money to afford a forgeworld chorf kit… yet I also know I won’t be able to snag one before the scalpers get a hold of them.

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

So It seems that AoS StD and ToW WoC will share 3 kits :

chaos chariot

chaos lord

chaos manticore 

99120201126_S2DVanguardLead.jpg?fm=webp&

9kndvfk6I64GLecc.jpg

IMG_1638.jpeg.a6aa111bb07d98bf5337403e313aee23.jpeg

Chaos sorcerer has gone some time ago from AoS webstore and so It is good candidate for a new AoS model .

Honestly nothing they release can beat the WH+ sorcerer and her entourage. I'd be willing to make an army just to field her.

17 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

You know, this will be the first time I’ll actually have the money to afford a forgeworld chorf kit… yet I also know I won’t be able to snag one before the scalpers get a hold of them.

The hellcannon isn't a limited time release, it's a regular release. 

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

Any chance darkoath got a new wave of mini this edition and take the place of beast of chaos once they get definitely removed from AoS ? 

I don't think so. If someone takes the BoC role won't be the Darkoath.

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't think so. If someone takes the BoC role won't be the Darkoath.

Not necessarily boC role , just the place left by BoC un chaos roster .

im wondering because in darkoath WH+ animation they can be seen with the BoC terrain  

also BoC endless spells were questionable , the models like raven aren’t in line with BoC design or it’s just me ? 

And the horn spell design seems like close to darkoath horns 

IMG_9325.jpeg

IMG_9326.png

Edited by Grunbag

16 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

also BoC endless spells were questionable , the models like raven aren’t in line with BoC design or it’s just me ? 

And the horn spell design seems like close to darkoath horns 

Crows have been previously associated with Beasts of Chaos (Malagor the Dark Omen) and Brayhorns were always a part of their culture. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

It is not the first time a reliable leaker was wrong. And I am always worried when a rumour leaks too many things.

We've had a whole year of Underworlds leaked before and it proved to be basically correct. 

I watched a video by agents of Sigmar speculating about the future of Underworlds. They pointed out that, although there have been many box sets, there has always been a continuity of rules, with each new year just bolting on new features.

It is possible that Underworlds stuff is being removed from sale because they are doing a index style reboot. 

Also for all the talk of Underworlds struggling, it's really hard to find the old core boxes. There doesn't seem to be a Dominion style mountain of products lying around. In the UK, the big retailers like element games, Wayland games and alchemist workshops only have Wintermaw. I found a couple of copies of wyrdhollow on Amazon and eBay but it's being sold at more than RRP. That doesn't look like a product that's failing. 

Of course we don't know anything until we hear from  GW themselves.  A no show for underworlds next week still doesn't necessarily mean it's cancelled,  but it will certainly fuel speculation until gw comes out and says something one way or the other. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Have the name for the other chaos special character - Frydaal the Chainmaker

That Seems, Like an odd choice. With so many rich and established Chaos Characters in the Lore around this time, with Monsters and beings that are currently alive (Kholek, Throgg, Ghuth Spawnchomper, Scylla before Spawndom, Be’Lakor!).

The  Only Rationale I can fathom for this and not having Kragg and High King Alriksson is that There will be Some sort of Great Chaos Invasion book (Like Storm of Chaos) that will eventually have a Whole Bunch of Character Profiles and New Armies of Infamy. The Choices for Some armies having well established Characters and others having New ones is, irregular. 

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I will continue to fight and die on the hill that GW is missing a trick by not developing a proper werewolf army for AoS, Destruction or otherwise.

But then Space Wolf Players would complain we’re stealing their Marines 😂

11 minutes ago, Kronos said:

The  Only Rationale I can fathom for this and not having Kragg and High King Alriksson is that There will be Some sort of Great Chaos Invasion book (Like Storm of Chaos) that will eventually have a Whole Bunch of Character Profiles and New Armies of Infamy. The Choices for Some armies having well established Characters and others having New ones is, irregular. 

Its probably this, there are a massive amount of Chaos characters that make their names in the Great War Against Chaos (Asavar Kul, Engra Deathsword, Valnir the Reaper, Kholek Suneater, Arbaaal the Undefeated) and they're probably saving them for that. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

You can already pick the new W+ minis!

image.png.6fe8513bf1ca281b63d99760230a9236.png

And they are up in the store. Their price increased a bit:

Marshall Ashfield: 26£/34€. 
https://www.warhammer.com/en-GB/shop/warhammer-plus-marshal-ashfield-and-squire-udo-2024-year-4

Ostramandeus: 26£/34€. 
https://www.warhammer.com/en-GB/shop/warhammer-plus-inquisitor-ostromandeus-2024-year-4

Asked Warhammer Oficial account wether or not skaven were due to be on next week's Sunday preview and got a fav in response, so OF COURSE, Im going to asume it as a fact from now on because thats the most logical step to proceed with.

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And they are up in the store. Their price increased a bit:

Marshall Ashfield: 26£/34€. 
https://www.warhammer.com/en-GB/shop/warhammer-plus-marshal-ashfield-and-squire-udo-2024-year-4

Ostramandeus: 26£/34€. 
https://www.warhammer.com/en-GB/shop/warhammer-plus-inquisitor-ostromandeus-2024-year-4

The price is the same as the vampire and kasakin. Quite surprising, I thought they would go increase the price. 

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

The price is the same as the vampire and kasakin. Quite surprising, I thought they would go increase the price. 

Oh. Then it increased from year two into year three. That's the one I bought.

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I will continue to fight and die on the hill that GW is missing a trick by not developing a proper werewolf army for AoS, Destruction or otherwise.

Couldnt agree more. I want Werewolves, Werebears, Wereboars, Werestags, Weresharks, Wereapes.

Give me a massive Destruction based Lycanthrope Faction. 

The Vyrkos wish themselves wolves, lets see them face off against...The Pack. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Couldnt agree more. I want Werewolves, Werebears, Wereboars, Werestags, Weresharks, Wereapes.

Give me a massive Destruction based Lycanthrope Faction. 

The Vyrkos wish themselves wolves, lets see them face off against...The Pack. 

*Intense Gargoyles flashback*

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, Kronos said:

That Seems, Like an odd choice. With so many rich and established Chaos Characters in the Lore around this time, with Monsters and beings that are currently alive (Kholek, Throgg, Ghuth Spawnchomper, Scylla before Spawndom, Be’Lakor!).

Well that been the case for most Arcane Journale having a new character that yet have a model yet

• Bretonnia---->Sir Cecil Gastonne, The Wyrm Slayer
  • Tomb kings---->Prince Apophas (who did have a model so that kind of work out)
  • Orcs and goblins----->Kiknik Toofsnatcha
  • Dwarfs--->Burlok Damminson

it a way to build the time period without starting off too strong much like HH took it time before it was releasing Primarch and uber name characters like Abaddon, Polloux and other 

I sure they're going to be a camping book that has all these heroes given models is a similar vein as Dawnbringers did

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Well that been the case for most Arcane Journale having a new character that yet have a model yet

it a way to build the time period without starting off too strong much like HH took it time before it was releasing Primarch and uber name characters like Abaddon, Polloux and other 

I sure they're going to be a camping book that has all these heroes given models is a similar vein as Dawnbringers did

I am waiting on Settra getting a glorious new model!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I am waiting on Settra getting a glorious new model!

that going to be bottom-tier priority for them since the old model will suffice

2 hours ago, Grunbag said:

Any chance darkoath got a new wave of mini this edition and take the place of beast of chaos once they get definitely removed from AoS ? 

Darkoath getting models? yeah can see like a Darkoath shaman or a chaos creatures & monsters like a warpfire drake, chaos mammoth or a nu-Chimera all things in lore that come and replace the vacuum Beast of Chaos had left

File:Chimera 01.png

Darkoath being a faction outside of S2D? no there a component to the classic warrior of chaos just like Norscan was for old Warrior of chaos WHF days . They're the foundation of what a chaos warrior mostly come from as the Varanguard is their zenith of power and apotheosis with chaos without going demonhood

what going to be taking their place now is the Chaos dwarfs

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

My issue with this is that For Bretonnia/Empire and orcs I understand giving them new named Characters. Human factions will be limited by Time and age more so than any other faction, Not sure how long orcs and grobis live but they do have a blank slate in the current time period so new characters for Greenskins is kind of needed. Elves and Chaos however really have unlimited timeframes. Dwarfs are a little more stretched out in regards to time and possibly the most Lore accurate from what has been shown so Far. They Have some good Established Characters return without giving us the bggest Caharcters of the Age, Kragg and Alriksson. 

Burlok is also a well established Character in lore who had a mini, Who seems to be getting an update as his Old Mini hadn’t come back for Sale (yet). Chaos has a Legion of Characters they could have dipped into, brought back, or shown at earlier part of their Campaign and ascendence. 

Seeing Young Ungrim had been the Highlight of Old World for me so far. I’d like to see more of that. Established Characters with spiffy new models, or if needed old Character Models Return, but updated is better 😂.

I get your sentiment about HH when it started, and it was nice to see some new Characters written in. Some however took over 5 years to get a miniature, Endryd took Nearly 10! And Some Very important Lore Characters have not appeared and some of those “New” Characters still have no Miniature.  

It’s not that I hate the random new Characters, I just feel its giving them more work and taking away focus from all the brilliant and much loved Characters from Lore. I hope none of this is coming across as either bitter or sharp, I just love seeing the old Fan favs come back in some way or other. 

It will be interesting to see what they decide to do with  High Elves.

• Like 2

I get what your saying @Kronos 

9 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Not sure how long orcs and grobis live but they do have a blank slate in the current time period so new characters for Greenskins is kind of needed

to answer this Orcs can live a life longer then elves if fighting enough battle 

Grimgor was one the original Black orcs during the rebellion of Zharr-Naggrund which for people not aware of the timeline caused the migration westward into Blackfire pass a.k.a Sigmar's Battle of Blackfire pass. Grimgor is as old as the empire of man but i think he the only one apart from Wurrzag who's recognizable (or at least to TWW fans) around this time

• Azahg was a menace in 2512 to 2515 IC
  • Grom the paunch in 2410s 
  • Skarsnik in 2490s

but onto AOS speculations 

are we expecting any sort of preview Monday? a silhouette countdown?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 hours ago, Garrac said:

New around here? Warcom has worded it in a way that doesnt close the door to having more game systems there.

Again, Warcry is pure copium on my part, I admit it, but if GW doesnt fail to its usual schedule there should be a new Underworlds core box due for october. Would be weird to not see it revealed on this preview, Id say.

I've been playing since the late 20th century so no lol. Apologies, I hadn't heard the video audio so yes, there's definitely other stuff to be seen.

They're going to have to go some though to beat my genuinely euphoric response to fulgrim at the last nova reveals.