The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, michu said:

What hint? There wasn't anything like that

This @Baron Klatz post was "liked" by @Whitefang back in April when we knew that BoC, Bonesplitterz and sacrosant were leaving the range 

Yeah. I was always in that camp too because early in AoS they leaned toward animal people in Destruction.

Fimir were made Destruction.

Silver Tower Ogroid started with the lore Ogroids worked & worshipped under Gorkamorka before they went to Chaos for more power.

And literally anything that wasn’t Beasts of Chaos goats was a natural creature of the Realms no matter how surreal or twisted it was.

And no matter how hard people bleated about Kragnos I always saw him as too clean for chaos, not having any centigor claw hooves or any mutated scales on his body.

So I fully agree it’s just GW’s future plans to eventually make beast people a Destruction thing because there’s more neutrality & narrative room there than the corrupting children of chaos can offer who taint everything they touch.

Like just look at how hyped Total War fans are for Tigermen that are neutral anthro creatures?

Apply that to an AoS army of beastkin, centaurs and possible insectoids & eagle people that can work alongside any city or faction they want and you got an easy winner.

• Like 1

Btw, Im curious to see if GW will do a warhammer+ roadmap. I may buy the annual sub, but only if they promise to add more content because, oh my GHR, it lacks a lot. What they have rn looks like I can watch it all in less than one month, and the Warhammer Vault content is not in my country's language... (Goddamnit, we had spanish White Dwarf for more than 20 years! Respect us, GW!!!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, Im curious to see if GW will do a warhammer+ roadmap. I may buy the annual sub, but only if they promise to add more content because, oh my GHR, it lacks a lot. What they have rn looks like I can watch it all in less than one month, and the Warhammer Vault content is not in my country's language... (Goddamnit, we had spanish White Dwarf for more than 20 years! Respect us, GW!!!)

We kind of got it. They said Hammer and Bolter, Blacktalon 2 and another 40k show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Grimgor was one the original Black orcs during the rebellion of Zharr-Naggrund which for people not aware of the timeline caused the migration westward into Blackfire pass a.k.a Sigmar's Battle of Blackfire pass. Grimgor is as old as the empire of man but i think he the only one apart from Wurrzag who's recognizable (or at least to TWW fans) around this time

46 minutes ago, Kronos said:

@Dragon-knight77 That Is very very cool bit of Lore I was not aware of. I didn’t realise the Black Orc Rebellion happened near the Birth of Sigmar. Grimgor just moved up the list right there for me. 

By all means, pick and choose the canon you want to exist, but Grimgor having been a survivor of the original Black Orc slave rebellion is a veritable ouroboros of conjecture and hyperbole. It originates from a short passage in the final End Times tie in novel, published at a time when synergy/communication between Black Library and the mainline GW design studio was not at the level it is today (the novel itself had a load of discrepancies with the campaign supplement it was supposed to be adapting, most notably the fate of Eldyra), and written by Josh Reynolds, an author infamous doing his research via fan wikis and making stuff up with little regard to the established setting to suit the stories he wanted to tell (see Throne of Skulls, where Gotrek and Felix travel to Karak Kadrin and meet Ungrim Ironfist for the first time... again!).

The passage in question only details Grimgor remembering being a slave to Chaos Dwarfs at some point earlier on in his life, and doesn't specify a particular point in the timeline. The argument for Grimgor being over 2500 years old hinges on the very silly idea that in all the time between the original Black Orc slave rebellion and the reign of Karl Franz, no single Chaos Dwarf (a race and society built on the maxim of "If it's got arms, I can probably stick manacles on 'em") ever thought to have a go at enslaving Black Orcs again.

Understandably I think thetheory's dumb as all heck. Even if orcs can't die of natural means, they don't hibernate, and an orc as big and potent and Grimgor would have torn his way through the world several times over with 2500 years to do it!

7 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

The passage in question only details Grimgor remembering being a slave to Chaos Dwarfs at some point earlier on in his life, and doesn't specify a particular point in the timeline. The argument for Grimgor being over 2500 years old hinges on the very silly idea that in all the time between the original Black Orc slave rebellion and the reign of Karl Franz, no single Chaos Dwarf (a race and society built on the maxim of "If it's got arms, I can probably stick manacles on 'em") ever thought to have a go at enslaving Black Orcs again.

Also remember that in both the original 4E army list and in the modern TOW legacy army Black Orcs are part of the Chaos Dwarf army list so its possible that Grimgor was simply one of these modern Black Orc soldiers.  

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kronos said:

It will be interesting to see what they decide to do with  High Elves.

Tyrion and Teclis will 100% be making an appearance but I don't think they will be getting new models since both have existing models that hold up well. Honestly I reckon we will get some new named hero.

With the exception of spearmen and silver Helms all the high elf models hold up pretty well too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Tyrion and Teclis will 100% be making an appearance but I don't think they will be getting new models since both have existing models that hold up well. Honestly I reckon we will get some new named hero.

With the exception of spearmen and silver Helms all the high elf models hold up pretty well too. 

If they appeared in TOW, it would 100% be with new models. They don't have any of their trademark kit yet! 🤣

Anyway, I'm still banking on a lot of disappointed and confused elf players when we get Riolta Snow and Ceridan of the Black Mountains, and the twins are nowhere to be seen. 😬

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Nova Open is coming, the AoS prediction is really easy with Stormcast and a Roadmap. I am more interested of other games this time.

I think Aos/Stormcast will be the beefy reveal anyway with potential 8/9 kits 

40K: Grey Knights with rumored new Kaldor Draigo and brother captain

HH : plastic MK2 armour

TOW : High elves with a couple of new heroes

and then ROADMAPS FOR THE ROADMAP THRONE ! 😆

20 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

I believe the rumour in TOW communities with a reliable source has said Teclis and Tyrion are indeed the models coming 

34 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

By all means, pick and choose the canon you want to exist, but Grimgor having been a survivor of the original Black Orc slave rebellion is a veritable ouroboros of conjecture and hyperbole. It originates from a short passage in the final End Times tie in novel, published at a time when synergy/communication between Black Library and the mainline GW design studio was not at the level it is today (the novel itself had a load of discrepancies with the campaign supplement it was supposed to be adapting, most notably the fate of Eldyra), and written by Josh Reynolds, an author infamous doing his research via fan wikis and making stuff up with little regard to the established setting to suit the stories he wanted to tell (see Throne of Skulls, where Gotrek and Felix travel to Karak Kadrin and meet Ungrim Ironfist for the first time... again!).

Understandably I think thetheory's dumb as all heck. Even if orcs can't die of natural means, they don't hibernate, and an orc as big and potent and Grimgor would have torn his way through the world several times over with 2500 years to do it!

Isn't Throne of Skulls kinda a prequel to other adventures of Gotrek and Felix? Because I've read Josh Reynolds books and your "review" is very unfair to him in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

If they appeared in TOW, it would 100% be with new models. They don't have any of their trademark kit yet! 🤣

Anyway, I'm still banking on a lot of disappointed and confused elf players when we get Riolta Snow and Ceridan of the Black Mountains, and the twins are nowhere to be seen. 😬

Yeah, I Fully expect the ancient silver Helms and Spearmen to remain, but we get a brand new Foot mage and that nobody will take. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Isn't Throne of Skulls kinda a prequel to other adventures of Gotrek and Felix? Because I've read Josh Reynolds books and your "review" is very unfair to him in my opinion.

Never once said his books are bad, just doesn't do his homework IMO - I'd also add that he goes too hard with Easter eggy fanservice, the consequently only gives a headache to actual hardcore fans. I've enjoyed a lot of his AoS stuff, particularly Spear of Shadows. Road of Skulls itself isn't a bad book!

There's an argument that Road of Skulls could slot between Trollslayer and Skavenslayer, but the Felix in Throne of Skulls is a lot more seasoned/familiar with Gotrek than he is under King in that time period, the original King novels all run into each other fairly seamlessly with little to no room for adventures in between, and while it's been a long time since I last read it, I'm pretty sure that it's clear Felix is visiting Karak Kadrin for the first time in Daemonslayer.