The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Was the 'new narrative style skirmish game / game mode for warcry' thing a rumor thread hive mind gestalt nonsense thing we all were just talking about previously, or was there an original credible(ish) source? I don't recall anymore.

Probably some assumption based on Kill Team's new cooperative mode. Nothing really serious as far as I saw.

This is the last breath I will breath into this off-topic:

24 minutes ago, novakai said:

Sometime I just chalk it up to people having poor self control or saving and spending habits. 

It is quite literally the opposite (unless I am misunderstanding your position with this statement).

It's saying, "The hobby portion of my budget is pre-allocated as x, and I don't overspend because I am responsible and have self control over my spending impulse. I wonder what I might use my budget for this y time period as I am interested in z? I will consult the information available to me and consider that new information is forthcoming."
A roadmap is useful to this persona.

Poor self control would be the impulse to buy whatever thing comes up next with no regard for your budget or the item in question. Poor saving and spending would be allocating more money than your budget can sensibly withstand and then spending it (or more).
A roadmap is not useful to this persona.

Additionally, personas exist within these two ends to which the value of a roadmap varies as they approach each end of the scale.
You can also be type A and have no interest in the forthcoming, or be a B and still be interested but unable to help yourself.

Anyway... back to the previously scheduled rumor mine to dig out more warpstone to eat!

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

I assume if there is a new edition of Warcry, it wouldn’t happen until next year.

as Heart of Ghur was only release in 2022 

Probably right about that, I assume we'll get some interesting drip warbands to lead us into the new cycle they're cooking up.
Manifesting ninja rats! 🗡️🐀

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

I assume if there is a new edition of Warcry, it wouldn’t happen until next year.

as Heart of Ghur was only release in 2022 

Also there's no point to release a new edition of Warcry so close to a new edition of Kill Team. Gotta keep these big announcements with some time in between, 'cause they tend to be bigger hype builders than a roadmap.

2 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I recognize that the "herald" rumor is extremely vague. I'll add a bit more to it. It won't be the first time we've ever seen anything for these two herald factions/subfactions, but we've seen very little.

so the candidates are

• Gitmob--->Rippa’s Snarlfangs--->Snarlfang rider
  • Chaos Dwarf-->Da Kunnin’ Krew--->Hobgrots & Horns of Hashut
  • Kurnothi--->Skaeth’s Wild Hunt--->Qualathis the exile
  • Order of Azyr--->Hexbane hunters -->Callis and Toll & van dents
  • Devoted of sigmar-->Breather of the bolt -->Pontifex Zenstra
  • Clan Eshin--->Skittershank’s Clawpack--->Deathmaster
2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

A few more NOVA details.

Looks like they've defined Age of Sigmar (Stormcast) and Blood Bowl as being the only reveals? 40k, AoS, 30k and TOW are just roadmaps and teases.

EKxlyGy8fJu7RCaY.jpg

wow only AOS and Blood bowl..........ok that is like really weird

two games and one of them doesn't even connect to the roadmaps. What is 40K doing? I originally said 40k players are to get very little for NOVA but turn it even smaller. Are they just going to Monday reveal the next models or wait until LVO (is that the next reveal show) to show them?

whatever NOVA predictions

AOS

• Full Stormcast reveal
    • Spoiler
      • Knight Azyros/Tornus the redeemed (already confirmed)
      • Lord vigilant on Morrgryph 
      • Lord Celestant
      • Lord Relictor
      • Stormstrike Palladors
      • Multi-part reclusians
      • Ruination siege weapon
      • Lighting ghiest
      • Stormstrike Felix Jager

BB

• Orc vs Tomb king team

I'll make a road map prediction on Wensday will organize everyone prediction later today

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

so the candidates are

1 of these, in addition to Chaos Dwarves, is correct. To figure out the other "herald" reference, one must look to obscure past lore references.

• Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 2

38 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Sure, why not. I don't really see why you would wait, TBH (after all, you sound like you'll take Skavens anyway at some point in the future, it's just a question of how soon or late it will be). If it's just a question of building and painting miniatures, roadmap has no impact on those who are available ATM (can actually be the opposite, being replaced by new minis).

I collect most of the chaos factions, but with the start of the edition I'm thinking of doing an expansion on my Khorne and S2D armies. Whichever I choose, it will probably be about 6+ months of hobby work. I stick to my budgets and am heavily limited in free time so when I buy models I build them, paint them, and play them at the exclusion of others. If, for example, I started a Khorne expansion and then Nurgle gets a big update and a special box set with a heavy discount on the new kits I wouldn't be able to pick that up because it's outside my budget and I'm busy with something else. That means that I'm potentially missing out on saving $100+ on new models I want to buy because I committed to the Khorne project.

A roadmap is useful to me because I can see if something is coming for one of my factions and decide what I want to do. If none of my factions are on it I know I can commit to a longer project without any issues. I'm pretty confident I'm not going to be buying any Tzeentch models in the near future, so if they're on it I can probably ignore them. If one of the factions I'm excited about is on it I can either delay by working on smaller projects (like buying a terrain piece or two, maybe just getting a single large monster, that sort of thing) or just save my hobby spending for a month or two and be ready to pick up anything new that comes out. 

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

1 of these, in addition to Chaos Dwarves, is correct. To figure out the other "herald" reference, one must look to obscure past lore references.

So, heralds:

Gitmob: X / Snazzgar Stinkmullet? (that was for Moonclan though)
Chorfs: "Confirmed"
Kurnothi: Belthanos (not that old/obscure though)
Order of Azyr: Hammerhal Herald?
Devoted of Sigmar: Hammerhal Herald? Excelsior Warpriest?
Clan Eshin: X

There's probably other herald stuff from the past, but now at least we know we aren't getting Dispossessed...

Kurnothi/Gitmob vs Chaos dwarf sounds like a thematic underworld boxset. Industry vs nature or the classic Dwarf vs Goblin with a twist sounds good.

the two human options (Order of Azyr and Devoted of sigmar) could work, but Devoted was the last warband release in Wintermaw and Hexbane wasn’t that long ago either.

I think we'll have a better idea once we have the roadmap and can cross reference it with rumor engine images and these rumors.

For example, of gloomspite gitz are supposed to get a tome in the next 6 months, then the gitmob models are probably part of that rather than another game.

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Isn't Gobbler Grimlich (assuming that's who @Nezzhil's talking about, I don't follow the BB PC games) a toad like mutant (or mutated toad) and not a Slann? 🤷‍♂️🐸

So that implies that next Team is an Underworlds team or a Chaotic team... ummm... maybe big hats are coming

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

So that implies that next Team is an Underworlds team or a Chaotic team... ummm... maybe big hats are coming

Although there is still a fair few stars on BB3 not released after having looked through them 

2 hours ago, Sarouan said:

Also there's no point to release a new edition of Warcry so close to a new edition of Kill Team. Gotta keep these big announcements with some time in between, 'cause they tend to be bigger hype builders than a roadmap.

The Warcry new edition is supposed to be released the next summer. If we get a HH new edition I guess it will be something similar to AoS and KT this year.

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

so the candidates are

wow only AOS and Blood bowl..........ok that is like really weird

two games and one of them doesn't even connect to the roadmaps. What is 40K doing? I originally said 40k players are to get very little for NOVA but turn it even smaller. Are they just going to Monday reveal the next models or wait until LVO (is that the next reveal show) to show them?

whatever NOVA predictions

AOS

• Full Stormcast reveal
    •   Reveal hidden contents
      • Knight Azyros/Tornus the redeemed (already confirmed)
      • Lord vigilant on Morrgryph 
      • Lord Celestant
      • Lord Relictor
      • Stormstrike Palladors
      • Multi-part reclusians
      • Ruination siege weapon
      • Lighting ghiest
      • Stormstrike Felix Jager

BB

• Orc vs Tomb king team

I'll make a road map prediction on Wensday will organize everyone prediction later today

The previous year we had:

August - Nova Open (31/8/2023)

September -

October - Warhammer Day (14/10/2023)

November - World Championships of Warhammer (18/11/2023)

December - The Black Library Preview (9/12/2023)

So maybe the next preview will be Warhammer Day.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

WOW!

If I had to bet it would be Gitmob, as we have the RE pointing to it, but with the other alchemist REs it could be one of the CoS ones.

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

So, heralds:

Gitmob: X / Snazzgar Stinkmullet? (that was for Moonclan though)
Chorfs: "Confirmed"
Kurnothi: Belthanos (not that old/obscure though)
Order of Azyr: Hammerhal Herald?
Devoted of Sigmar: Hammerhal Herald? Excelsior Warpriest?
Clan Eshin: X

There's probably other herald stuff from the past, but now at least we know we aren't getting Dispossessed...

Uhhh! @Nighthaunt Noob mentioned looking in the past for lore references and now that you mentioned the Excelsior Warporiest I am confident it will be one of the factions with a Herald!