The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

So, heralds:

Gitmob: X / Snazzgar Stinkmullet? (that was for Moonclan though)
Chorfs: "Confirmed"
Kurnothi: Belthanos (not that old/obscure though)
Order of Azyr: Hammerhal Herald?
Devoted of Sigmar: Hammerhal Herald? Excelsior Warpriest?
Clan Eshin: X

There's probably other herald stuff from the past, but now at least we know we aren't getting Dispossessed...

The lore reference I speak of is something outside of this list. What if I said "heralds" instead of "herald."

To recap, the list above has 2 correct guesses (chorfs and one other), plus the other herald reference which the list does not hit.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

The lore reference I speak of is something outside of this list. What if I said "heralds" instead of "herald."

To recap, the list above has 2 correct guesses (chorfs and one other), plus the other herald reference which the list does not hit.

Thanks for the clarification. Exciting to continue to speculate.

With stuff we have not seen much tbh if I recall we have only ever had 1 Lumineth and 1 OBR that I recall.

I am not sure what the OBR would be heralding however come to think of it given how it was done in certain novels it could be that they are heralding that the OBR are coming and that a town must pay the bone tithe,

For Lumineth it would be interesting to have some Heralds of Teclis.

18 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Although there is still a fair few stars on BB3 not released after having looked through them 

Of course, the game only has half of teams and they are adding 3-4 each time they add a new Team. The point here is that Ripper, Kiroth, Bilerot, Jordel and the Slann new designs were shown before in the game.

18 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Although there is still a fair few stars on BB3 not released after having looked through them 

Of course, the game only has half of teams and they are adding 3-4 each time they add a new Team. The point here is that Ripper, Kiroth, Bilerot, Jordel and the Slann new designs were shown before in the game.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Maybe more DoK?

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Raven_Herald

"The Raven Heralds were a secretive order among the Elves of Nagarythe that dated back to the time of Aenarion. Dedicated to Morai-Heg, they split apart during the Sundering, with those loyal to Malekith joining the Druchii, while the remaining ones joined the forces of Alith Anar."

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

This is an even more obscure, but equally correct lore reference to the one I had in mind.

Be still my beating heart...

Does this mean we are getting a team to fit with Krethusa? 

Edited by Vaellas

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Btw, I might start a lizardmen army on 4th next year. Any runours running around about new skinks and temple guard???

Want to buy mine?! 😁 Love the playstyle but I desperately need some space.

8 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Argh that is so exciting. Those rebelling against Morathi are by far my favourite part of DoK. Was really rooting for them in the novels.

This is good because with this, they can expand the army without adding Malerion stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But, unless UW changes, it would be Legends.

Yeah, yeah. I prefer that UW models only be proxies or even more unique like Necromunda. But this open a future door, and that's awesome.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Gobbler Grimlich is not a Slann. He is a mutated toad

https://blood-bowl.fandom.com/wiki/Gobbler_Grimlich

Slann will not come to bloodbowl. They got their rules represented in Kislev Circus Team.

My bet is showing off chorfs for BB.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I knew (Warcry and) Underworlds were here to stay.

So for UW confirmed are :

• Skaven (Moudler, Skyre or Verminus, maybe mini-Dommwheel or Packmaster)
  • SCE Ruination
  • Chaos Duardin (mixed races warband)
  • DoK Crones.
On 8/24/2024 at 4:41 AM, Nighthaunt Noob said:

- already previously shared that of course rats and the golden boys will be facing off

- a character will be lugging his "potbelly" around

- rawr

- evil gimlis aren't the only "herald" of something new we'll see; in fact there is a "herald" tie in with two other coming warbands

There's a couple other things in the pipeline - 1 chaos, 1 destruction

For the rest : 

• For @Asbestress' correct guess it's either Kurnothi or Gitmob (Order of Azyr / Devoted / Eshin are already done). We do have a wolf Gitmob Rumore Engine but we already have an UW wolf warband (and a Kurnothi warband too...)...
  • "Rawr" is probably Seraphon (Temple Guards maybe with the RE, though they would fit Warcry more). 
  • "Potbelly Character" could be Ogors or Half-Gargant or.... A NURGLE DAEMON HERALD ??? As we only have 1 UW Nurgle warband (Mortals), we have the Nurgle book RE and we had Ephilim Pendaemonium and Thrifcefold Discord.
  • Other 2 teams could and should be : Chaos = Nurgle Deamons (or Khorne Deamons but they have 3 teams already, Nurgle only one for Mortals as I said). Destruction = I don't know...

This season I wanted to see Gholemkind and Nurgle Deamons, hope i'll get at least one of them. Anyway thank you @Nighthaunt Noob ! Your rumors are 1000000% more interesting than the Nova Preview (I mean SCE Ruination range is cool with Morrgryph and probably Lightning Gheist and multipart Reclusian but I don't care for BB and we need to move ahead with 4th edition now !)

At least both this year's Warhammer+ are cool !

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Huanchi said:

Gobbler Grimlich is not a Slann. He is a mutated toad

https://blood-bowl.fandom.com/wiki/Gobbler_Grimlich

Slann will not come to bloodbowl. They got their rules represented in Kislev Circus Team.

My bet is showing off chorfs for BB.

Kislev Circus Team is not a official team, it is from the videogame company because where more easy to design. The official one stills being Slann, and actually there are references in the lore, I don't remember which Spike names them, and they even appear in drawings of young Slann bothering.

Edited by Nezzhil

26 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I knew (Warcry and) Underworlds were here to stay.

So for UW confirmed are :

• Skaven (Moudler, Skyre or Verminus, maybe mini-Dommwheel or Packmaster)
  • SCE Ruination
  • Chaos Duardin (mixed races warband)
  • DoK Crones.

For the rest : 

• For @Asbestress' correct guess it's either Kurnothi or Gitmob (Order of Azyr / Devoted / Eshin are already done). We do have a wolf Gitmob Rumore Engine but we already have an UW wolf warband (and a Kurnothi warband too...)...
  • "Rawr" is probably Seraphon (Temple Guards maybe with the RE, though they would fit Warcry more). 
  • "Potbelly Character" could be Ogors or Half-Gargant or.... A NURGLE DAEMON HERALD ??? As we only have 1 UW Nurgle warband (Mortals), we have the Nurgle book RE and we had Ephilim Pendaemonium and Thrifcefold Discord.
  • Other 2 teams could and should be : Chaos = Nurgle Deamons (or Khorne Deamons but they have 3 teams already, Nurgle only one for Mortals as I said). Destruction = I don't know...

This season I wanted to see Gholemkind and Nurgle Deamons, hope i'll get at least one of them. Anyway thank you @Nighthaunt Noob ! Your rumors are 1000000% more interesting than the Nova Preview (I mean SCE Ruination range is cool with Morrgryph and probably Lightning Gheist and multipart Reclusian but I don't care for BB and we need to move ahead with 4th edition now !)

At least both this year's Warhammer+ are cool !

every one of your last 4 bullet points has some element of truth in it - glad to keep the speculation/fun going since GW is happy to put on an underwhelming Nova preview apparently!

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob
typo
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

19 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

that going to be bottom-tier priority for them since the old model will suffice

It probably will be a while, but I am not sure I agree with it "sufficing". After all a large part of the model is the pretty poor horses that are really showing their age, and the rest of it is fine at best. It is pretty bad that his herald looks so much better than him imo.

Is there more important stuff than a new model for Settra? Absolutely given that a lot of ranges aren't even out yet. But he really does need a better model (and as much as I like the dragon their time would have been better spent on Settra and/or refreshing the old core skelly's and skelly horsemen and chariots).

Thankfully I am fairly certain we will get a "War of Sand and Snow" supplement eventually which would be a prime opportunity to give him the model he deserves!

• Like 2

A road map would have been real nice for anyone buying beasts of chaos but that's probably why some people don't support them.  

Some members have stock in GW or something and prefer the customers not be able to make informed decisions or hold GW accountable for their delays.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

This season I wanted to see Gholemkind and Nurgle Deamons, hope i'll get at least one of them.

Gholemkind would be awesome as a subtheme for KOs (yep, I'm trying my best to link any hint to Fyreslayers/KOs).

• Haha 1