The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Alright, based on the current mess that is GW’s internal logic, how much do we wanna bet that we’re gonna see leaks for NOVA start to make their way through the internet? I ask cause it seems like GW has more leaks in their boat then an old sailboat with termites and rats gnawing away at the timbers.

Considering it is "not 40k" I think we will see them tomorrow, if we see any.

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

So how the heralds story end up ?

Herald of Hashut

Herald of Morai heg 

Herald of ?????

And which other Stormcast / ruination units are we expecting apart from

• KnightAzyros/Tornus the redeemed 
  • Lord vigilant on Morrgryph 
  • Lord Celestant
  • Lord Relictor
  • Stormstrike Palladors
  • Reclusians multi part kit

Any ranged unit instead of judicators ?

Any war machine instead of celestar ballista ?

I hope we see war machines, but... (talking from the top of my head) isn't supposed to be a logistics chamber pending to be opened? That's where I envision most of the war machines.

• Like 2

my hopes (only related to Stormcast) were to see 0 new warscrolls added to the roster and only updates/side-dates to existing units. As it stands we already know (or "know") that 3 more hero warscrolls will be added (Azyros, Tornus, Big Crow), so I hope to see only 1:1 replacements for the rest. This would still give us 29 heroes and 23 units in the faction pack (no legends) which feels like... enough

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I hope we see war machines, but... (talking from the top of my head) isn't supposed to be a logistics chamber pending to be opened? That's where I envision most of the war machines.

The two remaining sealed chambers are Covenant Chamber and Logister Chamber. 

57 minutes ago, Chikout said:

We got the first Gloomspite warband a few months before the rest of the range. It's was early enough that they didn't have the Gloomspite name yet. I do like the new sets but the price disparity is massive. An underworlds warband costs £27.50. Brand's Oathbound is £47.50

And Gitmob, even if it is not a full faction ******.

10 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

The two remaining sealed chambers are Covenant Chamber and Logister Chamber. 

That's the one I was talking about. The Logister Chamber. Ballista had some Logister icons, IIRC, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a wave mainly of war machines with this new chamber.

13 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

my hopes (only related to Stormcast) were to see 0 new warscrolls added to the roster and only updates/side-dates to existing units. As it stands we already know (or "know") that 3 more hero warscrolls will be added (Azyros, Tornus, Big Crow), so I hope to see only 1:1 replacements for the rest. This would still give us 29 heroes and 23 units in the faction pack (no legends) which feels like... enough

Give us at least the lightning geist.

To me there will be at least 2 ruination units. There is already one elite (reclusian) and one scout (prosecutors) so I hope for another elite (lighning gheist) and one more basic one. Maybe also a unit of humans like the memorians ? It could mirror the gryph hounds unit with gryph hound tokens for some heroes. One last shot could be a mounted unit like reclusian on gryph stalker but I doubt it.

With this 3-5 units and the terminos/vigilant/veritan/vigilant on morrgryph and maybe one ruination named caracter like vandus (copium +++) we will have a nice roaster to creat a full ruination army. 

To compare with sacrosanct, we had Sequitors, evocators, same on dracolines, castigators, lord/knight arcanum, same on gryphcharger/dracolines, ballista, lord exorcist

so one basic troop, one elite, one shooting, one cavalry, one warmachine, 5 heroes (plus named ones) -> 5 units, 5 heroes, 2 named caracters

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vagard said:

To me there will be at least 2 ruination units. There is already one elite (reclusian) and one scout (prosecutors) so I hope for another elite (lighning gheist) and one more basic one. Maybe also a unit of humans like the memorians ? It could mirror the gryph hounds unit with gryph hound tokens for some heroes. One last shot could be a mounted unit like reclusian on gryph stalker but I doubt it.

With this 3-5 units and the terminos/vigilant/veritan/vigilant on morrgryph and maybe one ruination named caracter like vandus (copium +++) we will have a nice roaster to creat a full ruination army. 

To compare with sacrosanct, we had Sequitors, evocators, same on dracolines, castigators, lord/knight arcanum, same on gryphcharger/dracolines, ballista, lord exorcist

so one basic troop, one elite, one shooting, one cavalry, one warmachine, 5 heroes (plus named ones) -> 5 units, 5 heroes, 2 named caracters

I kind of wonder what type of war machines would be a good fit for Stormcast, with their ancient greek and angelic warriors aesthetics. I feel like the tanks and dreadnaughts some people seem to be expecting for them would not be a good fit. The Vanguard chamber models with their bolter-like crossbows are the aesthetically weakest Stormcast models, IMO.

I guess we might expect another artillery piece, since the ballista got discontinued. Maybe just a re-do of that but cooler?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Considering it is "not 40k" I think we will see them tomorrow, if we see any.

40k will probably be a small reveal of the Thousand sons and a roadmap. I would imagine most 40k fans would be most interested in the road map, so that will be what leaks. 

To expand on what some other commentators mentioned earlier about a clear road map, with some clues as to what exactly is coming, I really do hope that it's expansive and not the usual 1-2 month time frame that GW normally do. A couple of times they have shown off a range refresh and the next week those same models are up for pre-order. 

World Eaters will be getting a 2nd wave at some point next year, and I really hope that we get a clear indicator as to the time frame, and a rough idea of what is actually coming. I haven't painted any 40k for a long time, and if there's a decent selection coming it will decide if I bother to continue with 40k until the end of 10th. 

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I kind of wonder what type of war machines would be a good fit for Stormcast, with their ancient greek and angelic warriors aesthetics. I feel like the tanks and dreadnaughts some people seem to be expecting for them would not be a good fit. The Vanguard chamber models with their bolter-like crossbows are the aesthetically weakest Stormcast models, IMO.

I guess we might expect another artillery piece, since the ballista got discontinued. Maybe just a re-do of that but cooler?

Actually I don't really care if we don't get any warmachine. As we are pretty confident that palladors will be revamped, I rather prefer the revamp of all vanguard chamber : the monted hero, the vanguard hunters and the raptors than getting a warmachine.

BUT if we have to guess, I would say something more like an altar or a big heliobolis-like thing, we haven't seen something like that for SCE yet

And PLEASE GW GIVE MY GOLDEN BOIS A FACTION TERRAIN FOR SIGMAR'S SAKE

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If Stormcast get a artillery unit I would imagine it's another Bolt thrower of some kind. I can't imagine it being a catapult, cannon or anything else, since it wouldn't jive with the SCE aesthetic. 

Maybe it could be some sort of Lightning Gheist with handlers, like the lizard men salamander. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

40k will probably be a small reveal of the Thousand sons and a roadmap. I would imagine most 40k fans would be most interested in the road map, so that will be what leaks. 

To expand on what some other commentators mentioned earlier about a clear road map, with some clues as to what exactly is coming, I really do hope that it's expansive and not the usual 1-2 month time frame that GW normally do. A couple of times they have shown off a range refresh and the next week those same models are up for pre-order. 

World Eaters will be getting a 2nd wave at some point next year, and I really hope that we get a clear indicator as to the time frame, and a rough idea of what is actually coming. I haven't painted any 40k for a long time, and if there's a decent selection coming it will decide if I bother to continue with 40k until the end of 10th. 

I thought, based on the pic from yesterday, that 40k would have no minis at all:

NOVA ThisWeek Aug26 Promo

Also, about roadmap timing, it is supposed to cover Winter and Spring.

Edited by Ejecutor

6 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Actually I don't really care if we don't get any warmachine. As we are pretty confident that palladors will be revamped, I rather prefer the revamp of all vanguard chamber : the monted hero, the vanguard hunters and the raptors than getting a warmachine.

BUT if we have to guess, I would say something more like an altar or a big heliobolis-like thing, we haven't seen something like that for SCE yet

And PLEASE GW GIVE MY GOLDEN BOIS A FACTION TERRAIN FOR SIGMAR'S SAKE

Palladors could not be revamped. They mentioned Stormstrike Palladors, not Vanguard Palladors. IMO a new unit, heavier and closer to the old Empire Gryphons.

14 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Actually I don't really care if we don't get any warmachine

War Machine is the worst developed keyword at the moment, maybe a revamped rules in both starter battletomes would be the first step in the right direction.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

War Machine is the worst developed keyword at the momment, maybe a revamped rules in both starter battletomes would be the first step in the right direction.

I would say the war machine keyword is on par with the cavalry keyword right now, in so far as they don't really let a unit do anything special and are mostly just there to trigger "anti-x" abilities and restrict use of some rules (like cover).

I don't know if war machines need any extra benefits or rules, now that monsters have also lost their special privileges. But I would like AoS to get to the point where most units have at least one unit with the war machine keyword, in case GW ever wants to theme a GHB season around them.

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I thought, based on the pic from yesterday, that 40k would have no minis at all:

NOVA ThisWeek Aug26 Promo

Also, about roadmap timing, it is supposed to cover Winter and Spring.

Valrak screaming and crying rn. 

• Haha 10

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Palladors could not be revamped. They mentioned Stormstrike Palladors, not Vanguard Palladors. IMO a new unit, heavier and closer to the old Empire Gryphons.

To me it is the same unit, stormstrike is just the name of the new armor like primaris for SM, and palladors is already a name for a ScE unit. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would say the war machine keyword is on par with the cavalry keyword right now, in so far as they don't really let a unit do anything special and are mostly just there to trigger "anti-x" abilities and restrict use of some rules (like cover).

I agree that Cavalry keyword is not tied to unique "generic" rules, but warmachines warscrolls need a bit of love to be on par with cavalry keyword.

Cavalry units have a lot going on. Most cavalry heroes can buff their respective cavalry unit (loon boss-cavalry grots, freeguild cavalry marshal-freeguild cavaliers, liege cavalos-deathriders, abraxia-varanguard, agradons, etc...). And most armies have a battle-formation/ traits/ artifacts made for their cavalry units too.

Another thing to take in mind is their stats: most cavalry units have a 10" (or more) move characteristic,  their saves are split between heavy cavalry (3+/4+) or light cavalry (5+/6+) and all cavalry units specialized on charging have one or more charge buff (+1 damage, +1 rend, mortals on charge, etc...).

War machines are a lot less... developed. 

Edited by Beliman

1 hour ago, Vagard said:

More Ruination humans would make for really good Devoted minis...

If we combine the Underworlds warband with all the Memorians, we might even be able to make a 100% modern sculpt unit of flagellants!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cyrus said:

So how the heralds story end up ?

Herald of Hashut

Herald of Morai heg 

Herald of ?????

And which other Stormcast / ruination units are we expecting apart from

• KnightAzyros/Tornus the redeemed 
  • Lord vigilant on Morrgryph 
  • Lord Celestant
  • Lord Relictor
  • Stormstrike Palladors
  • Reclusians multi part kit

Any ranged unit instead of judicators ?

Any war machine instead of celestar ballista ?

Stormcast Felix Jager? 

Lord Commander of the Hallowed knights

A foot wizard? A grimrook witch

Lighting ghiest?

A memorian alter?

Morrda??

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

We have nothing on the logistics chamber only a name which that is what we're assuming what they do.

We do have the Ordinatos Conclave which is all the combat engineers and warmachines like the ballista and Sacristan Engineer was for the Sacrosanct. 

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Stormcast have always lean more on the Roman aesthetics then the greek side so they have bunch of options from new ballista, trebuchet, catapult ect.

image.png.7495448478b983ea5f0a4b153575d07e.png

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 3

To be fair, War Machine feels like an inevitably more varied bracket than cavalry, if it needs to cover everything from chariots and mobile battle shrines to artillery catapults and flying ships, it's not really something that can be readily standardised in game terms. 

Edited by Lucentia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

If we're talking about the Palladors i don't think it empire Gryph knights since that what the Vanguard Palladors are and they're not going anywhere

What i think it might be is more closer to Outriders, a mobile range unit much like how the Stormstrike chariot has a archer i would assume these guys would be the same maybe with a bolt guns

image.png.f3462cc2016b28ca21c8c615fd60b80f.png

image.png.de738fc3bd359ef18da7bccbe5b3e8a6.png

• Like 1