The Rumour Thread

39 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Lore and hobby bloat Is preferable than warscroll One though...

Having multiple options that are the same in game Is detrimental.

Tbh Is not the bloat that annoys me but having many armies with too few options while others got three times their entire unit rooster.

It is how the market works. If an army sells better than others they will receive more goodies.

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Light for the SCE. I doubt we would see something lighter than that on them. Also, they are the scouts' chamber. They gotta be the "light" units.

But that isn't really possible. You can't really go lighter or faster than gryph-chargers as mounts for SCE. Or you need a naked SCE as rider.

The Vanguard-Palladors are medium to heavy cavalry, that can do the job of light cavalry very good, thanks the "Ride the Winds Aetheric".

Edited by Tonhel

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is how the market works. If an army sells better than others they will receive more goodies.

I don't really believe that SCE is such a big seller in AoS, after 10 years they are still trying to find the jackpot aesthetic for that range.

Edited by Tonhel

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

But that isn't really possible. You can't really go lighter or faster than gryph-chargers as mounts for SCE. Or you need a naked SCE as rider.

The Vanguard-Palladors are medium to heavy cavalry, that can do the job of light cavalry very good, thanks the "Ride the Winds Aetheric".

What I mean is that what we have is the "light" version. As Palladors imply some sort of cavalry, but they are not from the Vanguard chamber, they would be heavier. Would that sit on the Dracothian cavalry's feet? Yes, but we don't know what is going to happen with them in the long term either.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What I mean is that what we have is the "light" version. As Palladors imply some sort of cavalry, but they are not from the Vanguard chamber, they would be heavier. Would that sit on the Dracothian cavalry's feet? Yes, but we don't know what is going to happen with them in the long term either.

Yes, and Dracothian guard (which could have used a resculpt) already fills that role.

Edited by Tonhel

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

I don't really believe that SCE is such a big seller in AoS, after 10 years they are still trying to find the jackpot aesthetic for that range.

I think they only had visual identity problems with the first wave and the Dracothian guard. Vanguard, Sacrosanct and the third edition thunderstrike seem to have a nice welcome, but I agree SCE falls also in the posterboy category. So a mix of both.

Other examples of bloated books that are purely based on sales are S2D or Lumineth.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think they only had visual identity problems with the first wave and the Dracothian guard. Vanguard, Sacrosanct and the third edition thunderstrike seem to have a nice welcome, but I agree SCE falls also in the posterboy category. So a mix of both.

Other examples of bloated books that are purely based on sales are S2D or Lumineth.

If Sacrosanct was a good seller, it wouldn't have been removed.

There is no bloat in StD 😄, We still could use some units. 😄 

Edit: Imo Luminth and StD could use some dragons. I would love to see more type of dragons or dragonlike creatures in AoS. I really dislike that these are only for SCE. (ignoring the CoS Black dragon).

Edited by Tonhel
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't think lumineth is a bloated book in a bad way. it is well constructed with the core army (vanari) and each temple with its own sepcialization (strong, swift, damage dealer etc...) and every unit have its own purpose. 

Regarding S2D, maybe there's some units that are more similar to each other

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Sisters of Battle,GSG and others armies proves otherwise though...

It's the old story of "x don't sells so Is not profitable to add something" and they sell even less.

Armies sells Better It they are more supported,pump/dumping waves After waves for stormcast resulted in having to axe half the range for stock space.

Stormcast probably sells well as they are the perfect "beginner" army like Space marines but It does'nt mean giving more things to others will make less Sales.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, SCE have a bloated range because GW have been trying to force them to become a SM faction, not because they are super popular. The dream is always that a larger proportion of all players will have a SCE army so that they'll buy every launch box no matter what what it contains (as is the case with SM in 40k), but I don't believe it has worked anywhere near as well as they'd hoped.

Also the "make more of what sells well" is risky. How well did Skaven sell before Skaventide? My guess is not great, cause they had fairly old sculpts. How well will they sell afterwards? My guess is a lot better. GW aren't stupid: they'll try to take this sort of thing into account the best they can.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Pinched from Bolter and Chainsword:

IMG-20240827-WA0006.jpg.55fcac785ba384df

There's already a Khorne Blood Bowl team, so dare we hope for Khul Ascended to be shown already? It could also be World Eaters of course... or has zero relevance at all to NOVA and WarCom is just trying to be funny. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There's already a Khorne Blood Bowl team, so dare we hope for Khul Ascended to be shown already? It could also be World Eaters of course... or has zero relevance at all to NOVA and WarCom is just trying to be funny. 

I haven't seen it rumoured, but Khorne getting a few units wouldn't surprise me. 

They're clearly experimenting with the aesthetic for that faction, as evidenced by Dromm from Underworlds and the Realmgore Ritualist.

8 hours ago, Marcvs said:

my hopes (only related to Stormcast) were to see 0 new warscrolls added to the roster and only updates/side-dates to existing units. As it stands we already know (or "know") that 3 more hero warscrolls will be added (Azyros, Tornus, Big Crow), so I hope to see only 1:1 replacements for the rest. This would still give us 29 heroes and 23 units in the faction pack (no legends) which feels like... enough

yeah we've heard theres a giant gryph-raven hero, which I guess is supposed to replace the tauralon? Either way, that hero NEEDS to be a wizard. i am also hoping there's more 1:1 replacements, even if it means... more units being shoved into Ruination

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

There is no bloat in StD 😄, We still could use some units. 😄 

Edit: Imo Luminth and StD could use some dragons. I would love to see more type of dragons or dragonlike creatures in AoS. I really dislike that these are only for SCE. (ignoring the CoS Black dragon).

Well except all the random STD warcry warbands that got cut

Edited by novakai

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

non-primaris marines would like a word... being removed doesn't necessarily relate to selling well. Sacrosanct felt like the clearest Stormcast identity and it absolutely got me to buy into 2e.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Daemon Angron for Heresy is rumoured a lot 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

I haven't seen it rumoured, but Khorne getting a few units wouldn't surprise me. 

They're clearly experimenting with the aesthetic for that faction, as evidenced by Dromm from Underworlds and the Realmgore Ritualist.

As long as it isn't more unnamed heroes, the faction is already ridiculously bloated at this point. I'd be OK with Khul ascended, but anything else would just be a waste of space. Give me a unit of bloodreaver cav riding flesh hounds or some separate sculpts for all the models that are still trapped in the pre-1st edition starter box. 

Edited by Grimrock

36 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Sí, hemos oído que hay un héroe grifo-cuervo gigante, que supongo que se supone que reemplazará al tauralon. De cualquier manera, ese héroe NECESITA ser un mago. También espero que haya más reemplazos 1:1, incluso si eso significa... más unidades que se verán empujadas a la Ruina.

This is the first time I've heard about this rumor. Could you tell me what is known about this new model?

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

SCE and Khorne on the same preview? Either it is not happening or they want to make the 40k playerbase like the second emoji.

Also, in case anyone was wondering about the S2D BT bloat, the Warhammer official account collects S2D:

image.png.21c02da6379af02dc28a01fdd8700012.png

Edited by Ejecutor