The Rumour Thread

59 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We think it is ridiculous with the current standards, but not so far in time it was normal. It wouldn't surprise me if at some point there's an AoS faction pending for even longer.

I don't follow 40k, but I guess they have some cases like that as well.

I think sisters of battle holds the record with more than 20 years between updates. 9 or 10 years without a single new mini is relatively common. Before 10th edition Tyranids went about 10 years without an update. 

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think sisters of battle holds the record with more than 20 years between updates. 9 or 10 years without a single new mini is relatively common. Before 10th edition Tyranids went about 10 years without an update. 

Used to be common, right? Right now everyone at least gets one new miniature per edition with their battletome and on the AoS side, Warcry and Underworlds warbands also add models to all factions pretty regularly (even if Underworlds seems on track to no longer be matched play legal in AoS).

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah, we don't know when they are gonna update factions. Tyranids or Eldars are good sellers and they rarely receive updates of old kits until 9-10ed. The same could happend with Lumineth or CoS, they look fine and maybe they will not receive any big update until 2030.

Expectations often don't align with reality when it comes to GW's plans, as they tend to push hard with big news. GW generally plans one or two editions ahead of the current state, so it's unrealistic to think that just because my army received a lot of attention this edition, it will maintain that level of attention over the next six years.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Yeah, we don't know when they are gonna update factions. Tyranids or Eldars are good sellers and they rarely receive updates of old kits until 9-10ed. The same could happend with Lumineth or CoS, they look fine and maybe they will not receive any big update until 2030.

Expectations often don't align with reality when it comes to GW's plans, as they tend to push hard with big news. GW generally plans one or two editions ahead of the current state, so it's unrealistic to think that just because my army received a lot of attention this edition, it will maintain that level of attention over the next six years.

I think this is key. With the exception of Space Marines and Stormcast, no army should expect frequent updates. Between Warcry and Kill Team, and single model releases along side army books things are definitely getting better on that front but it's still going to be something GW need to balance amongst their production capacity. Add in the fact that we have a 3 year edition cycle and it becomes easy to see why some armies need to take an edition or two of minimal releases.

That said I think it's also fairly clear GW have an idea of the threshold each army needs to be stable now. They're clearly aiming there with newly released armies and I would expect them to want to revisit older factions in need of expansion like Fyreslayers, Kharadon Overlords and Idoneth sooner rather than later.

Anyway my prediction for the first four tomes after Skaven and Stormcast are:

Soulblight Gravelords

Orruk Warclans

Slaves to Darkness

Sylvaneth

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Codex Witch Hunters in 2003 to the new plastic range released for 8th ed in 2019 ain't 20 years, and if you're counting Fantasy, where Bretonnians also got new models in 2003 and only just got a new wave this year, or are being really obtuse and want to claim Votann are a 30 year overdue Squat wave, ain't the longest gap between updates.

Alltho, I think another interesting bet for AoS predictions is guessing who will get bigg-ish waves this edition. Having in mind that AoS receives two big waves per year, plus two smaller ones, and 4 warcry kits per year, I'm gonna give it a shot:

BIG WAVES

Chorfs (new army)

New destruction army (samurorcs)

Cities of Sigmar (6+ kits)

Ogres (5+ kits)

SMALLER WAVES

Lizzies (3 kits)

Bretonnia (2 kits)

WARCRY KITS

Idoneth

Stormcast

Skaven (a rat can dream, ok)

Bretonnia

Chorfs

Samurorcs

Slaanesh

Cities

If anyone wants to give this a shot, it's a total of 4 big waves + 2 smaller ones, and 8 warcry kits.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Alltho, I think another interesting bet for AoS predictions is guessing who will get bigg-ish waves this edition. Having in mind that AoS receives two big waves per year, plus two smaller ones, and 4 warcry kits per year, I'm gonna give it a shot:

BIG WAVES

Chorfs (new army)

Ogres (5+ kits)

SMALLER WAVES

Lizzies (3 kits)

Bretonnia (2 kits)

WARCRY KITS

Idoneth

Stormcast

Bretonnia

Chorfs

Samurorcs

Slaanesh

Cities

If anyone wants to give this a shot, it's a total of 4 big waves + 2 smaller ones, and 8 warcry kits.

Why did you say two big waves and then guess 4? Is it 4? Or is it that you are thinking they will go bigger this time?

@Garrac I'll give it a go! Also Samarorcs? Samurai orcs? Where did that come from? 😂 Has there actually been a rumour about that or is it hopium?

Big waves:

Chaos Dwarfs

Fyreslayers

Ogres

Cities

maybe KO

Small Waves:

Seraphon (I hope)

IDK

Maybe S2D to replace models porting to OW (Chaos Lord, Sorc Lord, Manticore)

I would put OBR in the big waves but I think their 2nd wave is going to be the launch army for 5th vs SCE. I've put a little more into both sections as I hope that we will be seing a few more large releases this edition given Covid is no longer messing things up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Big Releases:

- Chaos Duardins
- Cities
- Ogors
- Fireslayers

Small Releases:

- Idoneth
- Khorne

Warcry:

- Chaos Duardins (Would this one count? I see this happening a la CoS. New army with one of the kits coming from Warcry)
- Idoneth
- Kharadron
- Ironjawz
- Stormcasts (ofc, Stormcast is always a safe bet)
- Slaneesh
- GSG
- Skaven

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Garrac said:

BIG WAVES

Chorfs (new army)

Ogres (5+ kits)

SMALLER WAVES

Lizzies (3 kits)

Bretonnia (2 kits)

WARCRY KITS

Idoneth

Stormcast

Bretonnia

Chorfs

Samurorcs

Slaanesh

Cities

BIG WAVES
Hashut
Fyreslayers
Ossiarch
Ogors

SMALL WAVES
Lumineth
Khorne
Nurgle
Gloomspite
Kharadron
Idoneth

• Like 3

I'll  update everyone predictions later and @Nezzhil it was the first time when we thought the roadmap was going to show up in the 4th edition reveal. We're not bet nothing but bragging rights

---‐‐------------------------------------------

As for what i think will grt large and small wave this edition

Big (which can be as small as the FEC expansion)

-Ogres

-Cities of sigmar

- Fyreslayer

- Chaos dwarfs

- Daughter of Khaine

Minor wave

-Lumineth

-Seraphon

-Ossiarch 

-Gloomspite 

I feel there's a reasonable chance of DoK getting a small wave with a couple more kits to fit around Krethusa, she's a modest departure from the other DoK visual elements so I'm guessing she wasn't designed in isolation.  Though, maybe the rumoured Underworlds crones will fit that niche and that's all there is to it.  

If nothing else it would be a good opportunity to release a redesigned warlock cavalry kit that's not shared with CoS.  Throw in some sort of Morai-Heg infantry and an Avatar statue mini-monster kit, or something, and you've got a decent enough supplemental wave.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I'll  update everyone predictions later and @Nezzhil it was the first time when we thought the roadmap was going to show up in the 4th edition reveal. We're not bet nothing but bragging rights

---‐‐------------------------------------------

As for what i think will grt large and small wave this edition

Big (which can be as small as the FEC expansion)

-Ogres

-Cities of sigmar

- Fyreslayer

- Chaos dwarfs

- Daughter of Khaine

Minor wave

-Lumineth

-Seraphon

-Ossiarch 

-Gloomspite 

I bet two Steelhelm heads and one Crypt Guard arm!!

all-in-poker.png

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

BIG WAVES

Chorfs (new army)

Ogres (5+ kits)

SMALLER WAVES

Lizzies (3 kits)

Bretonnia (2 kits)

WARCRY KITS

Idoneth

Stormcast

Bretonnia

Chorfs

Samurorcs

Slaanesh

Cities

Where did Bretonnia come from 

12 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Raise three Crypt Guard arms and a mordeb bat head.

image.jpeg.a19df0211e225e8fbf6a181e129ae400.jpeg

Raise two token and a coffin. Gentlemen, ante up to the pot, bets to you *glares around and then at his 'chips'*

I sure hope we get some death stuff marked for early on in this roadmap.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I feel there's a reasonable chance of DoK getting a small wave with a couple more kits to fit around Krethusa, she's a modest departure from the other DoK visual elements so I'm guessing she wasn't designed in isolation.  Though, maybe the rumoured Underworlds crones will fit that niche and that's all there is to it.  

If nothing else it would be a good opportunity to release a redesigned warlock cavalry kit that's not shared with CoS.  Throw in some sort of Morai-Heg infantry and an Avatar statue mini-monster kit, or something, and you've got a decent enough supplemental wave.

Morai Heg/Krethusa DoK small wave seem very likely now according to @Nighthaunt Noob

And apparently either Gitmob or Kurnothi will receive  a small wave too 

This is really interesting because after darkoath we are going to see waves for subfactions rather than factions. 

My take is :

BIG WAVES

Hammers of Hashut (aka Chorfs)

Ogor mawtribes 

Tzeentch

Cities of sigmar

SMALL WAVES

DOK  crones 

Gloomspite Gitmob

Fyreslayers

Idoneth

ONE UNIT ( in addition to compulsory hero)

Ossiarch

Kharadron

• Like 1