The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Morai Heg/Krethusa DoK small wave seem very likely now according to @Nighthaunt Noob

And apparently either Gitmob or Kurnothi will receive  a small wave too 

This is really interesting because after darkoath we are going to see waves for subfactions rather than factions. 

My take is :

BIG WAVES

Hammers of Hashut (aka Chorfs)

Ogor mawtribes 

Tzeentch

Cities of sigmar

SMALL WAVES

DOK  crones 

Gloomspite Gitmob

Fyreslayers

Idoneth

ONE UNIT ( in addition to compulsory hero)

Ossiarch

Kharadron

Those leaks about DoK and Gitmob/ Kurnothi are about UW. I wouldn't tie them to a main game release.

19 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Morai Heg/Krethusa DoK small wave seem very likely now according to @Nighthaunt Noob

And apparently either Gitmob or Kurnothi will receive  a small wave too 

This is really interesting because after darkoath we are going to see waves for subfactions rather than factions. 

My take is :

BIG WAVES

Hammers of Hashut (aka Chorfs)

Ogor mawtribes 

Tzeentch

Cities of sigmar

SMALL WAVES

DOK  crones 

Gloomspite Gitmob

Fyreslayers

Idoneth

ONE UNIT ( in addition to compulsory hero)

Ossiarch

Kharadron

First subfaction was Ironjawz, not Darkoath

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

My guess is that after Skaven and Stormcast, the remaining big releases (5+ kits) will go to:

Cities (FEC style release of Cogfort, couple of units but mostly characters)

Chorfs (Votann sized new army launch)

Ogors (more of a range refresh)

Gloomspite (Kroot style release of Gitmob units)

With more medium/small updates coming for Kharadon, Fyreslayers, Idoneth, Kruleboyz, Sylvaneth and Maggotkin

I also have a gut feeling Ossiarchs only get 1 character again for 4th ed but get a bigger focus in 5th ed, and that Skaven will get another Ironjawz/Darkoath style release near the end of the edition focused on Clan Pestilins.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Those leaks about DoK and Gitmob/ Kurnothi are about UW. I wouldn't tie them to a main game release.

As far as I understand they will be "heralds " in Underworlds and then in AOS 

Edited by cyrus

Ok, I'll go. 

Big waves (7 or more kits)

Chaos Duardin

Ogors

IDK

Fyreslayers 

Small waves (3-6 kits)

Cities

Tzeentch 

Gloomspite 

OBR. 

Warcry:

Skaven 

Chaos Duardin 

Stormcast

Idk

Slaanesh 

Ogor man-eaters

Gloomspite 

Ko. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, cyrus said:

As far as I understand they will be "heralds " in Underworlds and then in AOS 

I'm pretty sure by "heralds" he meant it literally. As in, the DOK warband are Crone Heralds while the Nurgle Daemons warband is a Herald of Nurgle. 

19 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I'm pretty sure by "heralds" he meant it literally. As in, the DOK warband are Crone Heralds while the Nurgle Daemons warband is a Herald of Nurgle. 

I'm kinda hoping that the Pestilens warband probably getting an AoS release means we'll see Underworlds teams utilised as hero model refreshes / for new heroes.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MitGas said:

But we already have Galrauch, the FIRST chaos dragon and progenitor of ALL chaos dragons as well! There‘s no need to cement this further but the more, the merrier. Let those other Chaos clowns ride on their stupid wing-less not-dragons, we shall laugh at them from above the clouds as befits superior sorcerers! 

We do need those heavily armored Sorcerer-Warriors. Speaking of Cathay… that Chinese Reaper armor from Overwatch went into a somewhat similar helmet „visor“ design (broadly speaking) - the silver tower kairic adept as well. I do like how they took Eastern influences and mashed them together with the classic Chaos warrior armor to create our Curseling. Now we need more of them. 

Why can‘t GW be faster with these?! 👺

Honestly after looking into Chinese mythology and history, it’s amazing how we haven’t gotten MORE far eastern influenced Warhammer stuff. They got demon kings ruling kingdoms, warriors like Lu Bu and strategists like Zhuge Liang pulling folkloric feet’s off in real life, over 300 confirmed cases of cannibalism throughout the various dynasties, and at one point a rebellion started by a guy who claimed to be Jesus’ brother… China is crazy….

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

10th edition they got one hero character

BigMek2024b.jpg

9th edition was ~14 units and majority of it was about the beastsnaggas which was for all those who like playing Snakebites other than that it was normal boyz, the deffcopta, a warboss and a painboy

they haven't tunch any units for Meks, Flashgitz, Lootas, Gretchin, Stormboyz or Killa kans ect ect 

However Kill team did bring out some good Commandos 

Megaboss

Snagga boss.

Boyz 

Snagga boyz

Koptas 

Squighogs 

Mozrog/ squigosaur 

Painboss

Kill rig/ hunta rig

Kommandos 

Big Ed bossbunka

The Octarius ork terrain

The only thing that we really need is plastic tankbustas and weirdboy. Otherwise the range is in a really good place. I'd rather see them do an mto run for the rogue trader and second Ed ranges :)

Tonight's predictions:

AoS

Skaven/ stormcast/ gitz/ nighthaunt

Guard/ eldar

Old world

High elves/ empire

Heresy

Plastic melee weapons (pretty please...) angron reveal/ ursurax/ another plastic mech unit/ campaign book announcement/ plastic breachers announced if we're really lucky.

Blood bowl new Ed announcement.

13 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

ons:

AoS

Guard/ eldar

Old world

High elves/ empire

Heresy

Plastic melee weapons (pretty please...) angron reveal/ ursurax/ another plastic mech unit/ campaign book announcement/ plastic breachers announced if we're really lucky.

The only miatures to be revealed are SCE and BloodBowl.
AoS, 40k, 30k and OW will only have roadmaps

14 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Megaboss

Snagga boss.

Boyz 

Snagga boyz

Koptas 

Squighogs 

Mozrog/ squigosaur 

Painboss

Kill rig/ hunta rig

Kommandos 

Big Ed bossbunka

The Octarius ork terrain

The only thing that we really need is plastic tankbustas and weirdboy. Otherwise the range is in a really good place. I'd rather see them do an mto run for the rogue trader and second Ed ranges :)

Tonight's predictions:

AoS

Guard/ eldar

Old world

High elves/ empire

Heresy

Feels... kinda refreshing to have a show that we know practically nothing about.

Won't be here to watch it "live" (unless I want to get like 4 hours of sleep), so here's to plenty of Stormcast Memorians and agreeable roadmaps!

(And maybe some single mini teasers for the roadmap only games :D)

Ah, heck it, why not, I'll have a go at roadmap predicitions too:

Obviously, Skaven and Stormcast first, after that Orruks with IJ spearhead and a hero or single unit for Kruleboyz. Then, SBGL with new Grave Guards. Next, Seraphon with new Saurus Guards and after that, S2D with new Sorcerer and maybe Lord.

On another note, what do y'all think are the chances of more factions getting endless spells and terrain in this edition? Both of these things are kinda important in the rules now and I think they figured out manufacturing them, so I believe we might see quite a few coming out.

• Like 1

Just now, GenericEdgyName said:

Obviously, Skaven and Stormcast first, after that Orruks with IJ spearhead and a hero or single unit for Kruleboyz. Then, SBGL with new Grave Guards. Next, Seraphon with new Saurus Guards and after that, S2D with new Sorcerer and maybe Lord.

On another note, what do y'all think are the chances of more factions getting endless spells and terrain in this edition? Both of these things are kinda important in the rules now and I think they figured out manufacturing them, so I believe we might see quite a few coming out.

First replenish the stock on the endless spells of my faction, then start thinking about doing more.

10 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

On another note, what do y'all think are the chances of more factions getting endless spells and terrain in this edition?

Hoping for stormcast terrain at last ! 

53 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Megaboss

Snagga boss.

Boyz 

Snagga boyz

Koptas 

Squighogs 

Mozrog/ squigosaur 

Painboss

Kill rig/ hunta rig

Kommandos 

Big Ed bossbunka

The Octarius ork terrain

Tonight's predictions:

AoS

Guard/ eldar

Old world

High elves/ empire

Heresy

I hope you are right and we get more minis than the ones they told us (basically just AoS and BB).

21 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Got you you still got one more slot if you want 

Think there will be faction terrain & endless spell espeically since now manifestation are free 

I hope there Stormcast terrain like an anvil or alter but well soon see

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Feels... kinda refreshing to have a show that we know practically nothing about.

Won't be here to watch it "live" (unless I want to get like 4 hours of sleep), so here's to plenty of Stormcast Memorians and agreeable roadmaps!

(And maybe some single mini teasers for the roadmap only games :D)

I will sleep a bit in the afternoon to see it live 😅

A preview where we had no leaks? This is a chance that cannot be missed.

Edited by Ejecutor

24 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I think the chances for more terrain and endless spells are quite high this edition.

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

A roadmap where we had no leaks? This is a chance that cannot be missed.

Yeah, surprising we haven't seen anything. Will be nice to be surprised.

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

That's a lovely pile of potential ya got there! 🤩

I'll have to post my bitz boxes. They're uh... bountiful 😅.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think the chances for more terrain and endless spells are quite high this edition.

I think this season will be where we see what they do with them. Hopefully it's add more, the Gnarlwood terrain we've had over the last couple years and the Nexus Chaotica certainly makes me hopeful for more interesting terrain in the coming years. But I could also see them getting the chop unfortunately

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Theoretically we should see Stormcast getting terrain right? I think if we see that then we can be pretty sure each faction should see terrain and a spell if they're missing one or both. 

I would love Stormcast to get a shrine on one of the floating rocks. 

• Like 2