Dices 24 €

Warscroll cards 26 €

1) Total of (without the Gamer edition): 561,50 €

2) Total of (with the Gamer edition): 609 €

3) Results from 1) with a 15% discount applied: 477,21 €

4) Results from

1) with a 25% discount applied: 421,25 €

5 hours ago, GenericEdgyName said:

On another note, what do y'all think are the chances of more factions getting endless spells and terrain in this edition? Both of these things are kinda important in the rules now and I think they figured out manufacturing them, so I believe we might see quite a few coming out.

I think that the chances are quite high, especially in relation to endless spells/manifestations. Currently, most factions only have access to three faction specific spells at a time and many wizards and priests no longer have a unique spell on their warscroll. 

We will have to wait and see if spell lores are expanded in the full battletome releases, because three spells is honestly not enough for magic heavy factions like Seraphon and Soulblight Gravelords. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Grave Guard and Saurus Guard released alongside endless spells for Soulblight Gravelords and Seraphon. Based on rumours and the rumour engine I wouldn't be surprised if they are some of the first new books of the edition.

I also think we can expect to see some kind of Aetheric mechanisms, harnessed magics, or something similar for the Kharadron Overlords. 

As an aside, I think Idoneth Deepkin will probably have a blended manifestation lore like Daughters of Khaine, where some are summoned by spells and some by prayers. 

Edited by Star Weaver
Spelling

1 hour ago, Vagard said:

@Whitefang back me up do you have any clue about new generic terrain features? 

For generic terrain, not faction specific terrain? I think zero. Afaik all terrain is now inhouse production. No stuff from China anymore. Pure guessing from me, but I assume the main studio has X budget per year, which they can fund their projects with. So if budget is allocated to a new mould for a plastic terrain set, it can't be allocated to a new or updated unit.

Imo, even faction specific terrain comes at the cost of a new / or updated unit for that faction.

Same for the SDS studio. It's very cool that they are bring old terrain back, but I don't want new plastic terrain at the cost of a new plastic unit for TOW.

Anyway for terrain 3D printing (fdm or resin) is the way to go. A great example is in the OBR faction thread.

26 minutes ago, Star Weaver said:

some are summoned by spells and some by prayers. 

First: By what priest, exactly? 

Second: Who exactly is answering their prayers? Mathlann is unbelievably super dead and because of their souls, they can’t really generate any particular “worship” power, so pretty much every other God wouldn’t hear them. It should be strictly spells. 

36 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

For generic terrain, not faction specific terrain? I think zero. Afaik all terrain is now inhouse production. No stuff from China anymore. Pure guessing from me, but I assume the main studio has X budget per year, which they can fund their projects with. So if budget is allocated to a new mould for a plastic terrain set, it can't be allocated to a new or updated unit.

Imo, even faction specific terrain comes at the cost of a new / or updated unit for that faction.

Same for the SDS studio. It's very cool that they are bring old terrain back, but I don't want new plastic terrain at the cost of a new plastic unit for TOW.

Anyway for terrain 3D printing (fdm or resin) is the way to go. A great example is in the OBR faction thread.

If this is true since the 10th ed W40k, this argument is not valid as they get some new terrains. If not, then yes maybe GW will reduce their terrain production but then why did they released terrains for a smaller game (old world)? Ofc they were altready designed but they still take some room in the production line. 

28 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Second: Who exactly is answering their prayers? Mathlann is unbelievably super dead and because of their souls, they can’t really generate any particular “worship” power, so pretty much every other God wouldn’t hear them. It should be strictly spells. 

In the Soulbound rpg the Deepkin can put their faith in the Ethersea, and use Ethersea miracles.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vagard said:

If this is true since the 10th ed W40k, this argument is not valid as they get some new terrains. If not, then yes maybe GW will reduce their terrain production but then why did they released terrains for a smaller game (old world)? Ofc they were altready designed but they still take some room in the production line. 

You can't compare 40k to AoS. The terrain for TOW is old terrain from more than a decade ago. The moulds (probably steel moulds) are probably still in great condition and earned their investment back a long time ago.

Steel moulds are expensive, aluminium moulds are cheaper, but need replacing much faster. 

The mould part is the big investment, not the production.

3 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

2 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

In the Soulbound rpg the Deepkin can put their faith in the Ethersea, and use Ethersea miracles.

Purely head canon but I genuinely love to believe that Tyrion was upset with Teclis' handling of the Idoneth and secretly watches over them. It also means that some Idoneth and Tyrionic Aelves can have stronger relations and alliances. While others will be distrustful of all Lumineth and understandably doubt Tyrion's intentions as he ontinues to favour his own children above them.

12 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

image.jpeg.a19df0211e225e8fbf6a181e129ae400.jpeg

Raise two token and a coffin. Gentlemen, ante up to the pot, bets to you *glares around and then at his 'chips'*

I sure hope we get some death stuff marked for early on in this roadmap.

I see your bits and throw in a pair of necrosphinx blades and wings.

7 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Seems legit, alright anyone who lives in a different time zone and needs to sleep, like this post and I'll tag you throughout the night. @MitGas? @KingBrodd? anyone else?

Thank you, mate! I'll probably go to sleep soon indeed. I doubt there's gonna be anything related to Tzeentch, so I'll do the reasonable thing.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Purely head canon but I genuinely love to believe that Tyrion was upset with Teclis' handling of the Idoneth and secretly watches over them. It also means that some Idoneth and Tyrionic Aelves can have stronger relations and alliances. While others will be distrustful of all Lumineth and understandably doubt Tyrion's intentions as he ontinues to favour his own children above them.

Tyrion was the one to take away Teclis magic shotgun when they started to run away

as for Tyrionic nations relationship with the Idoneth it would have to be a sort of Enclave by enclave bases since each are independent run and culturally different. Ionrach the first and most powerful of Idoneth enclave is know to keep their "Ulthuan" mannerism and is located in the seas of Hysh so it wouldn't be a stretch to believe they would be more friendly to their cousins. The same can be said about Nautilar or Briomdar (they are already in Allarielle good grace)

on the other spectrum you have Fuethan who was originally the clan of elves who was willing to throw hand against Teclis rather then run to the bottom of the sea and are willing to kill/torture children 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vagard said:

Yeah, the fact that ToW has a lot of terrain makes me have faith.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

In the first BT Lumineth only had one allied race... Idoneth!