The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Feels almost a joke considering that most of the HH release have been plastic Tanks over any other unit type

In the video he mentions core on foot troops in second wave too, and the melee weapons upgrade should be revealed soon, plus he hinted at Legion specifics in plastic down the road, by far the most insightful roadmap of the night but mostly in the video

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

They most likely don't want to do that however, as the mystery of what's coming is great for marketing hype. 

That, and the loss of flexibility. You give a date, or even a season, and you get burned if you don't meet it because of the issues at the time it was supposed to be released. Instability is high right now, it's obvious no one would risk a shitstorm in the future just to cater to a small number online.

12 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

First: By what priest, exactly? 

Second: Who exactly is answering their prayers? Mathlann is unbelievably super dead and because of their souls, they can’t really generate any particular “worship” power, so pretty much every other God wouldn’t hear them. It should be strictly spells. 

My sincere apologies. I did not realize that the Priest keyword had been dropped from the Isharann Soulscryer. 

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Different tastes. For me it is the best of the wave, hehehe.

I also like most of the models shown today. Especially the Stormstrike Palladors. I never liked any of the other Stormcast cav units before, but I do like this one. Thinking about running a fast Ruination list with lots of Prosecutors and these guys.

7 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

That, and the loss of flexibility. You give a date, or even a season, and you get burned if you don't meet it because of the issues at the time it was supposed to be released. Instability is high right now, it's obvious no one would risk a shitstorm in the future just to cater to a small number online.

All they have to say is:

"we are aiming for these factions to have new models, battletomes, expansions etc, around this time. For the benefit of transparency we cannot guarantee an exact release date, but here is what we are aiming for"

That way, customers, distributors and investors are satisfied, and if there are delays then GW have an excuse and can push things back. The only reason they have kept the mystery death faction a secret is hype, there's no reason why they can't just give the name. They don't need to give a date. 

So my best guesses based on my understanding of what they said 

Release roadmap (preorder date guesses)

7 september skaven 
14 September kill team 
21 Sept Bloodbowl chaos d
28 Sept warriors of chaos 2
5 Oct stormcast
12 Oct blood angels main release 
19 Oct aos narrative handbook 
26 Oct slaves to darkness 
November middle earth new edition 
December Krieg boxset

Empire
High elves 

Orruk warclans 
New gitmob gitz 

Eldar aspect warriors
Emperors children

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vagard said:

After a quick comparison, what a downgrade between 3rd ed ScE release and 4th... 

In 3rd we had brand new armors, refreshing units with a LOT of new minis (chariot, vanquishers, annihilators, vindictors, vigilors, protectors, stormdrakes and all the heroes including krondys and karazai)

This edition we had  nearly half the number of released units compared to V3 (liberators, reclusians, prosecutors, paladors, including 2 units already existing and half a chamber aka ruination which is not enough to do a full ruination army)

In the other have we have more heroes including many revamped ones and only 3 really new ones. Among all those 3 heroes, we have the lord terminos who have the useless priviledge to get 2 (3 with the sword) poses, wtf??

3rd edition was the edition of the fresh new stormcasts, dragons, big minis and a lot of new units. 

4th edition is the edition of revamped minis (not always better) and a half-filled new chamber with no diversity and no imagination or new concept at all. Reclusian are annihilators but just nearer to death, and new paladors are just vangard paladors with more armor. The morrgryph is the only "new" thing in the roaster, they just walked by so many cool ideas for ruination (lighning gheists at the top of the list, really disappointed to not see them)

Nothing is ugly in the new wave but honesty nothing makes me dreaming like 3rd ed wave did...

It could be a downgrade, if we look at it in that way, on the other hand, it is an improvement if we focus on it as a way to try to avoid bloating the army.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I also like most of the models shown today. Especially the Stormstrike Palladors. I never liked any of the other Stormcast cav units before, but I do like this one. Thinking about running a fast Ruination list with lots of Prosecutors and these guys.

But Palladors are not Ruionation. Just in case ;)

25 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

In the video he mentions core on foot troops in second wave too, and the melee weapons upgrade should be revealed soon, plus he hinted at Legion specifics in plastic down the road, by far the most insightful roadmap of the night but mostly in the video

Going “off topic”, it’s rumoured/wishlisted that there’s a new edition of Horus Heresy to come out next year. I suspect it will be more of a new core boxed set with rules over anything else. 

30 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Yeah, I imagine there'll be multiple Spearheads for many factions in the future. I'd definitely like to see a Daemon-centered one for my Hedonites. 

100% this. I think it will be around the seasons concept and they can do yearly updates and tweak the spearhead boxes how they want.

• Like 2

Just now, Ejecutor said:

This could have changed a lot of things by the way. With just one more unit in the ruination roaster, we could create a 2K pts full ruination army. 

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Really? I don't see how this helps at all 

I didn't do the maths, but I assume we ended with fewer warscrolls than before, and IMO it is very likely that they will follow the same path when Vanguard and Extremis get renewed. So slowly the BT will be reduced, even when they release new stuff.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It could be a downgrade, if we look at it in that way, on the other hand, it is an improvement if we focus on it as a way to try to avoid bloating the army.

It is indeed, and they had to revamp a lot of fatcast units. But in this case they also should maybe add only ruination chamber for the new units, to give a feeling of complete roaster for ruination. Adding more warrior chamber units is useless at this point, even more if other chambers needs some units. 

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I don't think  the Stormstrike Palladors are Ruination chamber

Yeah, but they will look cool next to the Lord-Vigilant. I want a somewhat mixed list, anyway, so that the Runiation guys can stand out as elites (and the index encourages it).

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, but they will look cool next to the Lord-Vigilant. I want a somewhat mixed list, anyway, so that the Runiation guys can stand out as elites (and the index encourages it).

Honestly, I think they are easy to turn into Ruination. Give them the shields from the multipart Reclusians, and surely there's some other spare parts that can be reused. Give them some extra ornate, and you have Ruination Palladors.

The new Lord Celestant model makes me so angry I want to win the lottery so that I can buy all of them and live out my days smashing them into powder with a sledgehammer!

New Relictor is nice.
Want to see more of the mulitpart Reclusians.
Don't like the new Palladors. Heavy cav is already filled by Dracothian guard, so one or the other will end up being objectively best. Not keen on the models either. Lance guy feels like a swipe from the Chaos knights to me.

Echo what a lot of people have said about the big gryph, doesn't seem particularly ruination-y, especially in the generic brown scheme. I'll probably do the same as the Tauralon and hold off getting one for an edition and a half, then finally buy it just before it gets squatted...🤣🤣🤣 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Honestly, I think they are easy to turn into Ruination. Give them the shields from the multipart Reclusians, and surely there's some other spare parts that can be reused. Give them some extra ornate, and you have Ruination Palladors.

No, you need to keep some Warrior Chamber (or whatever) guys around for contrast. Otherwise the Ruination guys just look overly busy without looking more impressive than the rank and file.

• Like 1

Just now, Morglum StormBasha said:

What do we think is in the Gloomspite gitz army box?

im thinking it might be gitmob but I guess the other option would be spider fang ? Or perhaps doing artillery like doom divers 

Gitmob and Spiderfang disappear as Gitmob takes their place.

3 minutes ago, AdamR said:

The new Lord Celestant model makes me so angry I want to win the lottery so that I can buy all of them and live out my days smashing them into powder with a sledgehammer!

New Relictor is nice.
Want to see more of the mulitpart Reclusians.
Don't like the new Palladors. Heavy cav is already filled by Dracothian guard, so one or the other will end up being objectively best. Not keen on the models either. Lance guy feels like a swipe from the Chaos knights to me.

Echo what a lot of people have said about the big gryph, doesn't seem particularly ruination-y, especially in the generic brown scheme. I'll probably do the same as the Tauralon and hold off getting one for an edition and a half, then finally buy it just before it gets squatted...🤣🤣🤣 

I don't get the beef about the lord Celestant. It's a better model than the old one. A somewhat awkward pose which is probably best with the shield but the ornamentation on the armour doesn't overwhelm the profile of the model anymore. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AdamR said:

I have the suspicion this model will look better in person than in pictures. It has a strange pose when viewed head-on, but should look good from a tabletop perspective.

My only real criticism of it is that I wish it had cool horns like the Gryph-Stalker.

Just now, Chikout said:

I don't get the beef about the lord Celestant. It's a better model than the old one. A somewhat awkward pose which is probably best with the shield but the ornamentation on the armour doesn't overwhelm the profile of the model anymore. 

IMO the pose. Probably the worst mini from the wave after Tornus.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

I prefer every Thunderstrike update over the old Chonkcast-armour, personally. But I can see how people who bought into Stormcast because they already liked the 1st and 2nd ed aesthetics could view the new models as downgrades.

• Like 1