The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It's a better model than the old one.

I realise opinions are like evacuation orifices, but you are so wrong I now have a throbbing vein protruding from my temple! 🤣

1 minute ago, AquaRegis said:

I'm getting flash backs to that niche sacrosanct priest rule, that did slight damage to demons and nighthaunt. 

What quality, this won't be redundant at all. 

Screenshot_20240829-100350.png

You will feel pretty silly about this post when they make it deal double damage if the opponent brought Morbid Conjuration as their manifestation lore. Instant meta top pick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

You will feel pretty silly about this post when they make it deal double damage if the opponent brought Morbid Conjuration as their manifestation lore. Instant meta top pick.

Don't forget the FAQ nerf 2 months after, making it a useless model. 

• Haha 1

These roadmaps exude a lot of "look, guys, our release schedule is so broken, we won't give you exact months because even we don't know" energies.

Also, I didn't know there was STILL stuff left for Legion Imperialis, so there's something that could go on this sunday's preview, I guess.

• Like 2

Just now, AquaRegis said:

Don't forget the FAQ nerf 2 months after, making it a useless model. 

Man, Im still so bummed on my kroot. Got excited, bought 3 army boxes, all the aditional stuff, and then 2 months later GW releases a FAQ that makes the army gimmicks borderline useless.

I'll continue the project next year, but this has motivated me to take a break from 10th and play with AoS a lot more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Man, Im still so bummed on my kroot. Got excited, bought 3 army boxes, all the aditional stuff, and then 2 months later GW releases a FAQ that makes the army gimmicks borderline useless.

I'll continue the project next year, but this has motivated me to take a break from 10th and play with AoS a lot more.

I had almost the exact same thing. I brought the set on a summersale, and some cheap kroot on ebay. Got started on them and realised that they were useless. 

I'm sticking with Old World, now as that seems to have resisted the constant FAQs so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

So my best guesses based on my understanding of what they said 

Release roadmap (preorder date guesses)

7 september skaven 
14 September kill team 
21 Sept Bloodbowl chaos d
28 Sept warriors of chaos 2
5 Oct stormcast
12 Oct blood angels main release 
19 Oct aos narrative handbook 
26 Oct slaves to darkness 
November middle earth new edition 
December Krieg boxset

Empire
High elves 

Orruk warclans 
New gitmob gitz 

Eldar aspect warriors
Emperors children

Sure at the rate through in a full Fimir army 😂

34 minutes ago, Garrac said:

These roadmaps exude a lot of "look, guys, our release schedule is so broken, we won't give you exact months because even we don't know" energies.

You could see it like that. I see it that they have had issues with producing stuff and sending it out and when tied into a roadmap, it caused issues. This allows them to be dynamic with when they want to release stuff.

34 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Also, I didn't know there was STILL stuff left for Legion Imperialis, so there's something that could go on this sunday's preview, I guess.

I think it means more support which is good. My concern was it was a quick release and then would be left.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AquaRegis said:

All they have to say is:

"we are aiming for these factions to have new models, battletomes, expansions etc, around this time. For the benefit of transparency we cannot guarantee an exact release date, but here is what we are aiming for"

That way, customers, distributors and investors are satisfied, and if there are delays then GW have an excuse and can push things back. The only reason they have kept the mystery death faction a secret is hype, there's no reason why they can't just give the name. They don't need to give a date. 

People don't care about footnotes. They care only about what is written on the roadmap.

If there is a time like "summer 25" and nothing comes as planned in summer 25, people will still complain and begrudge GW about it. Because the footnotes will be long forgotten since then, and no matter how GW will remind them about it, the shitstorm will already have happened.

Being vague from the beginning is the best way to prevent that. It's not a hazard if youtubers with so called "trusted sources" would rather be as vague as possible as well. Because when their dates are a miss, they'll get burned for that too and no longer trusted (except for their blind fans).

Well, that was, something.

Stormcast are surprisingly good. Chorfs were a surprise.
Apart from that, only really excited for the Gitmob army set. Also interested in seeing what Krieg get.

Hope we get some meatier previews in the future, although the past few don't give me much hope.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AdamR said:

I realise opinions are like evacuation orifices, but you are so wrong I now have a throbbing vein protruding from my temple! 🤣

It is my opinion that the old lord Celestant is one of the worst models in the range. The scuplted chest piece is way too big, and the hammer cloak concept is stupid. The hammer isn't held in the correct place to is it as a weapon. .

The only problem with the new one is the dual welding pose. The other two poses are fine. The breastplate is an appropriate size and the cloak is much better. 

• Like 4

Well I really regret staying up to watch that shoe, it was really bad. Imo the worst preview they have done. Why did they skip Gencon when they obviously had more to show off there than at Nova?

Chaos Dwarfs BB: Cool, don't play it but liked these models

Stormcast: Meh, the Morrgryph was cool but otherwise it was a really uninspired reveal, with the best model of the lot being the one we had already seen months ago!

Roadmaps.... Oh god what was the point? Basically "well you weill be getting some books in the future, a chaos book, a death book and a destruction book". What? At leas ton Warhammer Community they actually tell us something and show us a real roadmap, but it aint that much better. 40K actually got some solid info - Death Korps, hints at Emperor's Children etc. Worst was for Legions Imperialis. In which the roadmap was: "You can expect to see new miniatures in the future, but new armies are a way off".

Damn. Sorry about the rant but not had a great week and I thought this would be a high point.

• Like 1

Wow, that was an "interesting"... reveal show. Luckily AoS avoided the fate of HH and 40k where it was just "look guys ! We have nothing to show you, so enjoy this one slide that only vaguely says you'll get cool stuff in 5 months time or more !"

New SCE are great. Both characters on Morrgryph do look very cool. SCE do well when they have that "calm strength" vibe and Iridan embodies that perfectly. The generic Vigilor is great too : finally a character mounted on a big beastie has a weapon with the reach to hit something on the ground !

Great fan of the new Relictor, Palladors, and Reclusians. Lord Terminos is cool even if I think the Skaventide version is superior. The scenery is a nice touch. The Celestant however, I prefer the old 1st edition version. This new one, albeit cool and customisable, just misses something the old one had.

The roadmap is... something. Nice to know S2D are 3rd even if I'm not happy with the new Darkoath Spearhead - the current box is a fantastic deal with the Chaos warriors/knights and this new one might be a worse deal. Also confirmation we get Gitmob in 2025. New Warclans box, ok, hope it's IJ. "Some Death stuff" whatever, this is so vague it's almost pointless. Also I prefered their old roadmap style to this one. Old was simple to read, left to right in chronogical order. Now you have to start up, go down, left to right, then up again... who thought it was a good idea ?

Also nice Chorf team for BB, and the LOTR mini is cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO the pose. Probably the worst mini from the wave after Tornus.

The old pose wasn't especially that great, though.

Spoiler

image.png.4baca95525fe48529152b9a07885e8ae.png

I think it has more to do with the fact it's a girl.

I'm happy they got rid of that hammer cloak (and likely we won't have that silly "throwing small hammer range attack" rule anymore).

• Confused 1

Don't know if anyone mentioned this so far, but

Alongside from the new releases, there are wider releases for several of the units which first appeared in Skaventide, such as the Liberators and Prosecutors, as well as the Lord-Imperatant and Knight-Arcanum who first appeared in the Dominion box three years ago, alongside the Stormcoven, who were originally part of Warhammer Underworlds: Wyrdhollow.

Looks like Underworlds warbands are back on the main game menu.

• Like 5

Just now, Asbestress said:

Don't know if anyone mentioned this so far, but

Alongside from the new releases, there are wider releases for several of the units which first appeared in Skaventide, such as the Liberators and Prosecutors, as well as the Lord-Imperatant and Knight-Arcanum who first appeared in the Dominion box three years ago, alongside the Stormcoven, who were originally part of Warhammer Underworlds: Wyrdhollow.

I wonder why that warband returned. Putting all underworlds warbands into legends was a choice that made sense to me. (Giving models primarly made for other games legend only rules for AoS is sensible) so this feels really weird to me.

As a Spearhead player, I'm excited for a Darkoath Spearhead.

13 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Well, that was, something.

Stormcast are surprisingly good. Chorfs were a surprise.
Apart from that, only really excited for the Gitmob army set. Also interested in seeing what Krieg get.

Hope we get some meatier previews in the future, although the past few don't give me much hope.

Yeah, previews quality (and quantity) has lowered in a worrying way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

I'm happy they got rid of that hammer cloak (and likely we won't have that silly "throwing small hammer range attack" rule anymore).

to me the cloak was what defined the mini, maybe the lion head on the new mini is probably not that good

• Like 1

Funny people complain about the lack of quantity / quality in GW previews. It's not like this trend is new, it's been like this for quite a long time now.

They do that because the sole purpose of Warhammer Community is litterally about giving constant new / previews every day. What did you expect them to do, spoiling everything so that they have less content in their future articles ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

oh yeah btw 

Nice this confirms that not only are we getting a pretty sweet warband back but also they meant the Plague pack from underworld 

Domitan's Stormcoven Are Ready to Purge the Wyrdhollow with Holy Bolts of  Lucent Lightning - Warhammer Community

Tbf the Stormcoven is a pretty sweet deal. You get 3 SCE characters with great poses at a discount. Ans new SCE players will want knights incantor and arcanum.

10 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

But maybe just as a knight-arcanum? It would be completely illogical to bring back a UW band after putting them in Legend.

Otherwise, this was probably GW's worst live reveal by far. Those roadmaps were an absolute joke. I don't even want to detail why and many here have done that very well. 
When you have nothing to say, you avoid talking about (almost) nothing.

• Like 2