The Rumour Thread

S2D got a terrain piece and now it's SCE turn. It is  possible that each army could end up with its own manifestation lore and terrain piece, I have mix feelings about it because It's going to rise up the cost of entry into match play games.

On a more positive mote I am so glad that they are about to release more Spearhead boxes.

So.... Stormcasts still got quite a lot, and i honestly don't get it. Are these getting axed in 3 years again, when they bring the chamber of 2nd back? I honestly don't really understand the axe either. It would not even be that hard to just release a new edition without that many Stormcasts or with them not being the focus at all... I mean, no one apart from GW decides that they have to be the poster boys all the time.

I have a question. Didn 't Ossiarch Bonereapers released after Idoneth? If so, and if they really get a second wave at the beginning of 2025, they will literally have gotten one faster then the Idoneth. I keep my expectation low for Idoneth for this edition, since I don't want to be disappointed (and it is my favorite army, I just REALLY REALLY wish for new units so I can finally play different units at this point it's becoming annoying for the casual players and friends I play with, still fine for Competitive play tho).....

The stormcasts are, meh. Okay. I like the BIG birds, but I don't understand why stormcasts have to get the cool things all the time. I would find it much more interesting if these were for Cities Of Sigmar. Stormcasts already have dragons and no other faction has dragons. It would really be cool if they could give other factions creative and cool monsters (like they gave to the Kruleboyz, I like those they are really creepy). Give the Fyrelsayers more of their Magmadroth styled mounts, A Sylvaneth Forest Dragon? Or maybe I gigantic Owl (I am dreaming for and Owl for Wood Elves since Fantasy) or give the Sylvaneth a weird wood-dragon-beetle monster, there is so much potential (more than just big beetle)..... Idoneth have unlimited Sea-Creature potential. Nighthaunt, Ossiarch, so many could have bigger center-pieced monster models, but hey, it's not the era of the beast anymore.

The roadmaps are a joke, why couldn't we just get a normal looking roadmap like the one they released for 40k 10th?

And I don't mean that I am unsatissfied rn. I still have to play 4th (haven't found the time right now), and it's totally fine for me to wait. But on the other time, it gets quite tiring to always wait. Also, I love my seraphon, but I would have liked a big beefy dinosaur and sadly we got none. There is also a lot of potential with dinosaurs.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tonhel said:

100%!

I don't understand that this was removed for stormstrike palladors that aren't an improvement to the existing palladors in aesthetics or dynamics.

image.png.54714f908bb2e2eb2484a057665c70dc.png

I also don't get why this had to be removed.

AoSPreviewSacrosanct-June13-Arcanum10r.jpg

I understand that Stormcast were overly bloated as a singular faction but I think Sacrosanct could have been the first offshoot like Dark Angels or Space Wolves

No need to retire the models which are my favourite old stormcast models.

Edited by Neverchosen

2 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I do love me some female stormcast. It's really nice to see some non cheesecake options. I think they've been doing pretty well on that front.

I agree with you. And they are doing well on any front (not just the stormcasts). I reaklly like the female fyreslayers!

Also, I really like the demigryphs and the gryph-hounds, and the griffons. I am also not against mosnters being shared between armie (that would make sense to me). But I am disappointed that CoS didn't get any, while stormcasts got one.

Also I am a big fan of the old demigryph knigths unit from Fantasy. They are really cool looking!

2 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Kind of suprise by the amount of people who don't like this model (which is fine) but i like the Hercules leader and the position is fine for me

The cloack with hammers was dumb but it was 'Warhammer dumb' and thus made it cool 😄  The new model is lacking of this kind of flavour imo

Actually catching up on the reveals with time to get a proper look at them I think we did pretty well this time.

Iridan the Witness/Lord Vigilant on Morrgryph are fantastic, the sculpts of the Morrgryphs are phenomenal, especially Ariax. I usually prefer smaller scale stuff but I might to pick them up around launch day.

The Lord Celestant, the sculpt itself is fine, and I like the options, I think it's mostly let down by the arms being too rigid, especially the right arm. I could see myself buying one for my Stormcast but it's definitely the weakest model of the reveal.

Lord Relictor, this is honestly better than I imagined a Lord Relictor could be. Miles beyond the original one from 1st edition and a figure I suspect will show up in as many 40k armies as AoS ones.

The Lord Terminos is a really solid sculpt but I think the Skaventide one is more imposing. That said this is a solid figure, I'd probably more see it used as a Lord Celestant with the sword for a Ruination themed army than as a Lord Terminos. The Memorian is fantastic, might be my favourite one across all the units that have them.

The Reclusians are a step up from the Skaventide version of the kit. Solid posing, a nice amount of detail and an alternate weapon option is exactly what they needed.

Stormstrike Palladors look great, I think the gryph chargers could be a little more dynamic but the riders are fine. They do have the issue of being a unit of 3 with command options which removes a lot of what makes them exciting without reinforcing the unit.

Stormreach Portal, I'm not sure I like it lore wise but the model itself looks great.

All in all I think the Stormcast have done well here. I'll be probably adding all of these to my army in time

• Like 4

If you ever get stressed or sad about your performances at work, remember : there is someone at GW who greenlit these "roadmaps" to be shown at a public event. The fact these were made by "professionnals" is baffling. I've seen interns do better jobs at presentation than this (I know this, I was the intern).

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I understand that Stormcast were overly bloated as a singular faction but I think Sacrosanct could have been the first offshoot like Dark Angels or Space Wolves

I agree. Sacrosanct could have been what Dark Angel are to Space Marines. Ruination could have been like Grey Knights or Custodes and Vanguard could have been like Space Wolves or something. 

1 hour ago, Sarouan said:

People don't care about footnotes. They care only about what is written on the roadmap.

If there is a time like "summer 25" and nothing comes as planned in summer 25, people will still complain and begrudge GW about it. Because the footnotes will be long forgotten since then, and no matter how GW will remind them about it, the shitstorm will already have happened.

Being vague from the beginning is the best way to prevent that. It's not a hazard if youtubers with so called "trusted sources" would rather be as vague as possible as well. Because when their dates are a miss, they'll get burned for that too and no longer trusted (except for their blind fans).

GW are publicly listed company. They can probably limit the information on the future plans as long as the numbers align, but some sort of roadmaps is unavoidable in the long run.

Anyway... Is it unreasonable to expect rather precise release schedule for the next 6 months from a company of such size? As for the "worldwide uncertainty" and "current economic situation" arguments - c'mon, we are talking about the company established in one of the world's strongest economies, holding a (nigh) monopoly position in the sector. And people are not asking for their strategic plans for the next 3 or 5 years, either.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Kind of suprise by the amount of people who don't like this model (which is fine) but i like the Hercules leader and the position is fine for me

You picked the option that looks the best, IMO :P

1 minute ago, Starfyre said:

I agree. Sacrosanct could have been what Dark Angel are to Space Marines. Ruination could have been like Grey Knights or Custodes and Vanguard could have been like Space Wolves or something. 

They tried that in 1st ed with the Extremis Chamber and it was a bad decision then. People should just stop trying to make Stormcast more like Space Marines. The army is fine as it is, rotating stuff between legends and active play as the chambers have focus shift. And I say this as someone whose main AoS army is Stormcast.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

If you ever get stressed or sad about your performances at work, remember : there is someone at GW who greenlit these "roadmaps" to be shown at a public event. The fact these were made by "professionnals" is baffling. I've seen interns do better jobs at presentation than this (I know this, I was the intern).

Just heard Honest Wargamer Rob jokingly calling it a freeform jazz vision board, innovating in the roadmap space 😄

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Because that's the only build option that looks good. 

The straight arm with a clenched fist makes it look like an action man and the Helmet looks bland. 

21 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

It wouldn't be weird if we end up with each chamber being its own army. Sharing some core, maybe the warrior chamber, and the rest only available for each army.

18 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

You mean an overbloated, unnecessary addition to the setting? We don’t need 12 bloody factions that are essentially the same faction wearing funny hats. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

You mean an overbloated, unnecessary addition to the setting? We don’t need 12 bloody factions that are essentially the same faction wearing funny hats. 

In our case it is funny shoulders and robes.

I say this the biggest issue i have for SCE now is that massively bloated the Warrior chamber with models like they didn't need a pallador unit when Extremists, Vanguard and Warrior chamber already have a calv unit

The ruination chamber feel really directionless but i save that rant later

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I say this the biggest issue i have for SCE now is that massively bloated the Warrior chamber with models like they didn't need a pallador unit when Extremists, Vanguard and Warrior chamber already have a calv unit

martijn-willemse-kruleboy-prime2.jpg.432f1411545d83d5a42e3b171ca40ee9.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, EonChao said:

They tried that in 1st ed with the Extremis Chamber and it was a bad decision then. People should just stop trying to make Stormcast more like Space Marines. The army is fine as it is, rotating stuff between legends and active play as the chambers have focus shift. And I say this as someone whose main AoS army is Stormcast.

It wasn't about making them more like Space Marines but rather a way of continuing to sell those models. The majority of my SCE collection is Sacrosanct so I wouldn't have minded them being continuing as a faction unto themselves rather than being cut was what I meant. Space Marines were just an easy example of that where a faction offshoots into their own thing, but equally could have picked on what BoK, HoS, DoT or MoN are to S2D. A faction of larger-scale orderly wizard paladins is cool to me.

But anyway, it's done now and it won't happen so it's moot.

SCE will always be an attempt to make a product that is as universally recognisable as the Space Marine though.

Just now, Dragon-knight77 said:

The ruination chamber feel really directionless but i save that rant later

Yeah the ruination chamber has been really underwhelming. Thematically they are really cool, and the concept is tragic with a subtle bit of heroism running underneath it. There's quite a few directions you could have gone with it. 

Instead we got a couple of elite infantry that function like older models, a guy who chops Thier heads off, some character I don't care about on a big bird and that's it.

You could of had a lightning Gheist model, maybe a crazed berserker type unit, or perhaps a named scholar type character whos desperately trying to find a cure and maybe is slowly slipping away himself. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I mean, they're already in the setting 🤷‍♂️

You're right though, after all we've got the addition of more Lumineth and Chorfs to bring the funny hats.