The Rumour Thread

After staying up to watch I have to say that’s the weirdest way of presenting roadmaps I’ve ever seen and wasn’t worth the delay in sleeping. But at least I know Legions Imperialis has a lifespan in years, that Astra Militarum will be the next army of mine that gets mucked up, and I’ve got at least several months to enjoy my Duardin Cities of Sigmar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

But after the female Custodes, I'm ready to anything... Warhammer has fallen

There wasn't any problem with female custodes.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Loskelodd said:

I'm wondering if all the leaks this year that forced GW to show models early cascaded into that lamentable showing.

Not really. With the cancelled Gen Con preview we could have had a really packed one.

3 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

wait so is the gitmob army box coming this year or next year?

GSG army set is next year 2025

the only other thing comming out this year beside SCE and Skavs is the Slaves to darkness battletome

at least according to the roadmap article wording

Edited by novakai

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

GSG army set is next year 2025

the only other thing comming out this year beside SCE and Skavs is the Slaves to darkness battletome

at least according to the roadmap article wording

And the narrative book.

The preview is what GW makes it and it is what it is. They have every right to say or not say whatever they want on a roadmap. While I may not like that, they haven't broken any rules. 

However... the actual design and look of the roadmap breaks so many design rules it's embarrassing..... Like the lead line from the bottom left that leads us to the bottom right, but technically the information timeline starts at the top of the right.... My eyes don't know where to start, stop, end etc. 

Like come on GW. You guys are at heart a DESIGN company. This is terrible and they should be ashamed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having looked at the new SCE. Not only are they quite cool in their own right but I already know people are going to use them as DA for 40k (especially the ones armed with maces). They even come with the watchers.

I also appreciate Iridans mailed aesthetic. The entire model has a strong design. The only part I'd change is giving him a proper lance since that would complete the knightly appearance (almost brettonian in style).

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Actually forgot to call that out. Eidetic memory as a negative because the person sees and does horrific things is actually good writing. Idk if they'd be able to actually do it justice nowadays but as a throwaway line it's a pretty good idea.

it's exactly the thing GW should lean into to make Stormcast more grim--not wantonly killing innocents or viewing mortals as lessers. Show and tell us just how much this heroic sacrifice takes from them. Because it truly is better than the alternative of letting Chaos win again.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

Could this be a new faction? It seems strange that they wouldn't list the faction name otherwise

1.png

I would doubt it. Gitmobs (presumably), Chaos Duardins and on top of that a new Death faction?!

my thoughts as a Stormcasty:

Overall: Not a fan of the increasing amount of capes, scrolls, and various greebles. I can no longer defend Stormcast as a consistent launch box choice for ease of painting and building. I am a fan of Ruination being a smaller chamber; it should not have every battlefield role for what it is narratively. Very confused why everyone thinks the new Palladors AREN'T vanguard when they were announced that way. edit: the sentence is really weird and a community manager confirmed on facebook this is... more warrior chamber cav...

image.png.7bee61db60136b152f091c0a06739c1b.png

Iridan: Worst part of this model is they're another Hammers of Sigmar character, when I thought Hallowed Knights would actually get some love this edition... great to see a Grim Reaper style hero with more of the cool braziers, the gryph probably should've been painted more like a corvid but i'm not too upset. it is quite literally a More-gryph and it LOOKS good. A generic version is icing on this cake.

Lord-Celestant: I can agree the pose feels strange, and the lion skin does cause a slight proportion issue, but it is still overall better than the old Celestant by far. Also gives us an official Sigrun from Realms of Ruin. I like it enough that I'd finally consider having a LC in my army.

Lord-Relictor: Literal 11/10 model for me, it even got less scrolls than the old one 😂the breastplate being ribs?? I could kiss this sculptor(s) for real.

Lord-Termin-dos: now that I've seen it, we should've expected this with the original sharing a sprue. Not as much a fan as the stoic standing pose, but it does give a more Lordly feel for being a regiment leader/general.

Reclusians: expected of course, I love the design of the 2h mauls but these models are still overdetailed for me. They also make me wish Annihilators had released in 5s not 3s. I think we'll see double axe build for them in their article. More memoriams is super good regardless.

Stormstrike Palladors: I really need to see all of the build types and 360 angles on them. I want to love them, but the lance pose does look weirdly flat and it sucks to have to paint both barding and capes. Suffers heavily from the 3-model cav issue of needing to be reinforced to see the command AND weapon loadouts. Going to call these having amazing synergy with the og Palladors to prove they're not a replacement. So far I only Like them; solid narrative evolution and individually I enjoy the riders and mounts.

Stormreach Portal: I'm more curious about this one narratively and rules wise. Does this make us less elite if we get guaranteed reinforcements? It certainly feels like a consolation prize against the MW spam we still suck against. Neat little building.

Battletome: Another awkward swinging-weapon pose and the art makes that dang crotch sword look even worse. I was hoping we'd actually get Hallowed Knights for once... cannot believe that was ONLY for the Vermintide launch :| Biggest disappointment by far. And they're gonna want 60 bucks for it I'm sure.

Overall: the additions/refreshes make a lot of sense. I'm now on Team "lightning gheist units probably don't fit narratively"--HOWEVER, I do still think Vandus is coming, which makes me think Stormcast might get a tiny wave before 5e.

Roadmap: I'm hoping the "army boxes" mentioned have a Spearhead built into them and do not require extraneous purchases to create one. Death being "more to be announced" makes me hope Nagash will take his revenge on Skaven for the Necroquake!!!

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Stormreach Portal: I'm more curious about this one narratively and rules wise. Does this make us less elite if we get guaranteed reinforcements? It certainly feels like a consolation prize against the MW spam we still suck against. Neat little building.

Not sure about that. From what I got, I understand that you use the portal to put your units in to reserve, and then use Scions of Storm to come down again.

Appart from that, it seems that most units will have a diferent role, Palladors are going to be a heavy shock cavalry that increase their damage during the game (something lile using them to make that 3rd turn charge that destroys Nagash in one charge).

Edited by Beliman

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

my thoughts as a Stormcasty:

Overall: Not a fan of the increasing amount of capes, scrolls, and various greebles. I can no longer defend Stormcast as a consistent launch box choice for ease of painting and building. I am a fan of Ruination being a smaller chamber; it should not have every battlefield role for what it is narratively. Very confused why everyone thinks the new Palladors AREN'T vanguard when they were announced that way.

image.png.7bee61db60136b152f091c0a06739c1b.png

Iridan: Worst part of this model is they're another Hammers of Sigmar character, when I thought Hallowed Knights would actually get some love this edition... great to see a Grim Reaper style hero with more of the cool braziers, the gryph probably should've been painted more like a corvid but i'm not too upset. it is quite literally a More-gryph and it LOOKS good. A generic version is icing on this cake.

Lord-Celestant: I can agree the pose feels strange, and the lion skin does cause a slight proportion issue, but it is still overall better than the old Celestant by far. Also gives us an official Sigrun from Realms of Ruin. I like it enough that I'd finally consider having a LC in my army.

Lord-Relictor: Literal 11/10 model for me, it even got less scrolls than the old one 😂the breastplate being ribs?? I could kiss this sculptor(s) for real.

Lord-Termin-dos: now that I've seen it, we should've expected this with the original sharing a sprue. Not as much a fan as the stoic standing pose, but it does give a more Lordly feel for being a regiment leader/general.

Reclusians: expected of course, I love the design of the 2h mauls but these models are still overdetailed for me. They also make me wish Annihilators had released in 5s not 3s. I think we'll see double axe build for them in their article. More memoriams is super good regardless.

Stormstrike Palladors: I really need to see all of the build types and 360 angles on them. I want to love them, but the lance pose does look weirdly flat and it sucks to have to paint both barding and capes. Suffers heavily from the 3-model cav issue of needing to be reinforced to see the command AND weapon loadouts. Going to call these having amazing synergy with the og Palladors to prove they're not a replacement. So far I only Like them; solid narrative evolution and individually I enjoy the riders and mounts.

Battletome: Another awkward swinging-weapon pose and the art makes that dang crotch sword look even worse. I was hoping we'd actually get Hallowed Knights for once... cannot believe that was ONLY for the Vermintide launch :| Biggest disappointment by far. And they're gonna want 60 bucks for it I'm sure.

Overall: the additions/refreshes make a lot of sense. I'm now on Team "lightning gheist units probably don't fit narratively"--HOWEVER, I do still think Vandus is coming, which makes me think Stormcast might get a tiny wave before 5e.

Roadmap: I'm hoping the "army boxes" mentioned have a Spearhead built into them and do not require extraneous purchases to create one. Death being "more to be announced" makes me hope Nagash will take his revenge on Skaven for the Necroquake!!!

They are not Vanguard. It is saying the opposite. Says that as they have heavier armour they are not as fast as their Vanguard counterparts.

19 minutes ago, Danaork said:

Waiting for Gitmob after roadmap revealed

what can we gain in the army set and individual kits ?

troggs ? Infantry ? Artillery ? Shaman/chieftain ? Wolf/bear or other ?

We have the RE that is 100% some kind of Gitmob wolf (either a big one or the armour is more decorated than the regular riders)

2024-06-25.jpg

And Whitefang teased armoured troggoths a while back.

• Like 1