The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

sorry im super late on this but this is Frydaal the Chainmaker?

r/WarhammerFantasy - This is Frydaal the Chainmaker. She fails at being important.

that just  Holga Clovenhorn lol

Holga Clovenhorn, Aspiring Champion of Chaos : r/ageofsigmar

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I did think that when I saw the drawing, I am looking forward tk seeing the actual model tho 

She will be for me until there is the resin character and ofcourse if it is a cooler sculpt than this amazing sculpt. Already like the character with the little snippets from yesterdays article. 

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

Yes. We'll probably get an announcement this Sunday and pre-order next Saturday. 

I still need confirmation tho, it appears that GW has Legion Imperialis stuff floating around

Super late reveal reaction:

• Iridan the Witness: cool idea, but I'm not sure I like the morrgryph. Maybe this will change when I get to see it in the flesh, or maybe a wing swap will fix it for me. Also they missed a trick not giving them a scythe I think. 6/10
  • Lord Vigilant on Morrgryph: see above about the mount. Also not a huge fan of the rider. I like the weapon, but the pose seems a bit meh to me. 5/10
  • Lord-Celestant: the main picture has a weird pose. When you replace the sword with a shield it suddenly looks better. Still not sure what I think about this one, will probably need to see it in the flesh. 3/10
  • Lord-Relictor: now we're talking. This dude rocks, and it's such an improvement on the old version. No criticism. 9/10
  • Lord-Terminos: sword version rocks. Axe version looks a bit weird, because the axe looks too big. His helper is extremely cool as well. 9/10
  • Reclusians: they look great, and will go perfectly with the Skaventide ones *scrolls down* oh, we also get have ones. I love them. Looks like I'll be buying a lot of Reclusians. 9/10
  • Stormstrike Palladors: I want to like them, but I don't know if I do. I think I need to see them from more angles/irl. I think I prefer the lance, but again it's hard to tell how long it is (looks like it might be a bit short?). 5/10 or ?/10
  • Stormreach Portal: I don't mind it, but don't know how I feel about having to carry around a huge but of scenery. It looks massive. 3/10
  • Stormcoven mentionedso it looks like there might be a policy of including one Underworlds warband in each Battletome? The Plague Pack were mentioned in the Skaven article as well. I'm glad they aren't going completely away. Hopefully they'll try to make sure they have appealing rules. Fun/10

Overall: much less hyped than for Skaven, but still decent. I would have preferred the cav to be gryphstalker riding dudes from the Ruination Chamber, both because the it's cooler than warrior chamber stuff and because Ruination still feels very empty.

Edited by JerekKruger
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Garrac said:

It isnt because the necessary stuff for the narrative mode is all on the rulebook. So, the AoS narratuve suplements arent mandatory to play games, which, thank TGHR

I was asking more from the lore POV. Like, is it counting some major movements, does it involve a lot of factions or is it just a tiny story for Ad Mech and Necrons. Trying to picture how ours could be.

7 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

sorry im super late on this but this is Frydaal the Chainmaker?

r/WarhammerFantasy - This is Frydaal the Chainmaker. She fails at being important.

that just  Holga Clovenhorn lol

Holga Clovenhorn, Aspiring Champion of Chaos : r/ageofsigmar

Yeah. Someone suggested using her as a temporary model until they release their new one.

Now that I had time to carefully check it, it is time for a review!

Iridan the Witness: The Morrgryph doesn't sell me ruination. It doesn't look like a crow to me, but the character is an interesting twist with the chainmail over the head. I don't like that it has a second build as the crow for both options is not different enough. 4/10

Tornus the Redeemed: 
IMO simply the worst SCE made ever. -10/10

Lord-Celestant: There's something wrong with her. The only visually appealing option for me is the one with the shield, but still the weakest one from the preview and the second one after Tornus from the wave. 3/10

Lord-Relictor: Perfect. I love the hammer. 10/10 

Lord-Terminos: I prefer the Sword version, and Memorians are my weak point. Another purchase to increase my CoS family. 8/10

Reclusians: Just more Reclusians. Maces don't add any value to me. I will probably buy them for the Memorians, which are also a bit less interesting compared to the Skaventide ones. I don't know if I would keep the Reclusians or if I would sell them and just keep the Memorians. 6/10

Stormstrike Palladors: Just the perfect conversion material for the old Empire Demigriphs, which were the coolest mini from the old CoS BT. 11/10

Stormreach Portal: I love that GW is giving terrain (and presumably spells) to those factions that don't have it. Any new Azyrite structure has room in my Heldenstone project. 8/10

Stormcoven: I hope this is a signal that UW miniatures will be better integrated with AoS from now on.

Battletome: We are losing quality on the art cover, and the price has increased by 5€. I only hope that they really give it a tweak in terms of content, as they mentioned in the interview and the quality and quantity of pages increase, but I really doubt it. Also, not a fan of the new gamer edition without lore and with cards. 4/10

Roadmap:
A joke. Hard to follow, and missing stuff. This feels like we are resolving a riddle rather than reading a roadmap, but at least we know what is coming in the near future. 2/10

Overall: 
I am happy with the preview. We knew what we would be seeing and I am happy to wake up at 3 AM to see it, but I understand that not everyone reads the posts and could be expecting something different or that people from other games are upset. In the end this was an AoS preview undercovered.

EDIT: No RE resolved. -100/10 to the preview.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Also a interesting/confusing tidbit. 

The reculsians have the option for a two-handed weapon, even though all weapon profiles have been rolled into one. Is this just a cosmetic change, a different unit profile or just the designers getting ahead of the rules writers. 

What does everyone think? If it's the latter I can imagine there will be a lot more similar kits coming up. 

tA0tCJJeC2FMkaFJ.jpg

1 minute ago, AquaRegis said:

The reculsians have the option for a two-handed weapon, even though all weapon profiles have been rolled into one. Is this just a cosmetic change, a different unit profile or just the designers getting ahead of the rules writers. 

What does everyone think? If it's the latter I can imagine there will be a lot more similar kits coming up. 

tA0tCJJeC2FMkaFJ.jpg

Liberators also have options for two handed weapons with no profile. IMO just aesthetic.

5 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

tA0tCJJeC2FMkaFJ.jpg

Probably cosmetic, but it can also be new rules. It wouldn't be the first time GW would release a new build that wasn't in the starter box.

10 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Probably cosmetic, but it can also be new rules. It wouldn't be the first time GW would release a new build that wasn't in the starter box.

Yeah, my read on it was that the different weapon options were designed before the change to generic weapons profiles was decided by the rules team. 

Probably means there's going to be quite a few models coming out over the next year with missing weapon profiles. 

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I was asking more from the lore POV. Like, is it counting some major movements, does it involve a lot of factions or is it just a tiny story for Ad Mech and Necrons. Trying to picture how ours could be.

Well, if I've read The Signs right, the streaming show implied that this narrative book would heavily rely on telling the aftermath of the vermindoom. Seems like it's a stormcast vs skaven book, if they go on specifics, or a more general and universal thing.

• Like 1

But normally for small releases of LI they don't take the whole preorder slot.

Ummm ok, someone that knows this stuff ( @Nezzhil ?) how much more things does GW have in the pipeline, barring everthing from NOVA? (im gonna make the ausmption that GW won't rush the chorf blood bowl team)

32 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

tA0tCJJeC2FMkaFJ.jpg

It will be a different warscroll. Look at the annihilators. They have two warscrolls. 

I think we'll see a split where rank and file units just get cosmetic options but elite stuff gets distinct warscrolls. All the different dracoth units is another example. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ummm ok, someone that knows this stuff ( @Nezzhil ?) how much more things does GW have in the pipeline, barring everthing from NOVA? (im gonna make the ausmption that GW won't rush the chorf blood bowl team)

He has a blog post called DA LIST where you can check that.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

He has a blog post called DA LIST where you can check that.

Thanks! Hum, so there's no stuff left for Legion Imperialis, but theres still some unreleased Necromunda stuff. Not enough to justify a whole sunday preview, imho, tho.

Well, then it's safe to say skaven are on this sunday, while the next monday mini reveal can, perhaps, give a clue into whats going on for warcry and underworlds.

Let's see if this afternoon warcom does a skaven article, alltho, somehow I doubt it.

BTW, @Garrac this confirms Skavens first:

First out of the gates are the Skaven, who will be swiftly followed by the Stormcast Eternals, alongside everything we’ve shown above. Hot on their gleaming heels are another faction of unstoppable armoured warriors, albeit meaner and with spikes on – Battletome: Slaves to Darkness will be the third release.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Well, if I've read The Signs right, the streaming show implied that this narrative book would heavily rely on telling the aftermath of the vermindoom. Seems like it's a stormcast vs skaven book, if they go on specifics, or a more general and universal thing.

I hope they start dropping hints for Chaos Duardin and Ogors throughout!!

23 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Thanks! Hum, so there's no stuff left for Legion Imperialis, but theres still some unreleased Necromunda stuff. Not enough to justify a whole sunday preview, imho, tho.

Well, then it's safe to say skaven are on this sunday, while the next monday mini reveal can, perhaps, give a clue into whats going on for warcry and underworlds.

Let's see if this afternoon warcom does a skaven article, alltho, somehow I doubt it.

Skaven, Kill Team, Blood Bowl, Blood Angels and Stormcast for the next 5 Sundays. Some FW kits will appear too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Stormcoven: I hope this is a signal that UW miniatures will be better integrated with AoS from now on.

My guess, based on an n=2 sample, is that each Battletome will have a single UW warband included in it*. Probably they'll try to include one which fills a gap in the range (Skabbik makes up for lack of Pestilens for example), so for Khorne I'd expect the Gorechosen over Garrek's Reavers of the Blood Warrior warband, as they are different.

*Possibly genericized: I notice they refer to them as Plague Pack and Stormcoven, omitting the names of the characters themselves.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1