The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@cyrus Ah, i see what you're saying. We're both right. Heh.

and looking in the app shows no stab ladz or kunnin krew unless I'm missing something. 

My ultimate point is that keeping orruks together gives the impression that one army gets attention because the other recieved models is all.  

It is better not to anticipate stuff and just wait a few months until we have the real information.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@cyrus Ah, i see what you're saying. We're both right. Heh.

and looking in the app shows no stab ladz or kunnin krew unless I'm missing something. 

My ultimate point is that keeping orruks together gives the impression that one army gets attention because the other recieved models is all.  

What I meant that it is not a simple repacking but it needs a bit of effort/technology to re release them separately.

Yes , one of underworlds warband will be back as “ AoS unit” : hope is stab lads !

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Or just snap it in half. Seems simple enough. 

I must've missed that, @cyrus. Where was it stated about underworlds units?

It base on what they announced with Stormcast and skaven that the Plague pack and Stormcoven are coming out of legend as a unit for AOS

image.png.bf847fb9a09adb38cded2298ba94b5ec.png

image.png.92b770b1f0bb0379288267fa779b06c5.png

so it could indicate that faction will get one UW intgrated in the main game stuff like Crimson court for SBG or Kainan’s Reapers for OBR ect ect

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cyrus said:

GW grognards : for them GW is evil and bad whatever it does. 

Grognards are old hands from the early days of wargaming; it has nothing to do with whether they love GW or not.

Grognards would be the people who continue to hate on modern Warhammer because they love some specific elder edition of WHFB and think it's the only good system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

And design they are not mixing that much stuff anymore. Skaventide has mixed stuff that received a different option in the SCE side (+ the Questor) and from the Skavens side just two heroes share a sprue.

Yeah that was the first big change. After Island of Blood and Dark Vengeance had stuff they wanted to reuse on the sprues they needed to make a change and started to do it with Dark Imperium and AoS 1st

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

It base on what they announced with Stormcast and skaven that the Plague pack and Stormcoven are coming out of legend as a unit for AOS

image.png.bf847fb9a09adb38cded2298ba94b5ec.png

image.png.92b770b1f0bb0379288267fa779b06c5.png

so it could indicate that faction will get one UW intgrated in the main game stuff like Crimson court for SBG or Kainan’s Reapers for OBR ect ect

I don't even play skaven but the plague pack always calls to me whenever I'?m at the game store.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Urauloth said:

Yes it does. It's more combinations and interactions that need balancing every balance pass and accounting for every time something is added to the game. It literally makes the game more complex.

Spearhead has fixed armies with its own warscrolls, its own board with fixed objectives, its own twist/command rules system, and spells are all single warsroll abilities with none of the rules of the main AoS magic module. This isn't a serious comparison.

Besides which, I'm seeing people complain that there aren't more spells, but only in the abstract. The complains don't seem to be "this faction needs a spell to do this" but just "we need 3 more spells for everything" and I'm not sure if you've really thought that all the way through. Do we? What do we need, and for who?

No, it doesn't really make the game more complex. Maybe if you are on a quest for ultimate balance, but that's an utopia. People love choices, even if it's sometimes only the illusion of choice. I never take artefacts in AoS or magic items in TOW because they are the best of the best, but because it fits my army and the characters I am going for. 

We are not talking about adding dozens of new spells, artefacts, heroic traits per faction for AS. AoS shouldn't be TOW at all, but now it's becoming quite static in armybuilding.

A bare minimum is that the new battletomes should strife to have the same amount as it was with the 3rd edition battletomes. Which already wasn't a lot.

But the more I think about it, I think GW will add in a year or so more spells, artefacts and etc to new battletomes. As the game will become quite boring after a while. It's just bad luck for the first battletomes released. It's a habbit GW can't control.

My army is StD, it will probably only get one new model with the battletome, which already has a warscroll. If they don't expand the spell lore, formations, artefacts and heroic traits, than I wonder what the reason is to keep investing in StD. As it becomes static for the next three years. I will see how Armies of renown will be integrated, as I certainly would be open to have a more mixed gods army, but probably this will also be very limited because of balance.... . Which would @MitGas love too, as he finally can use his chaos warriors and chosen again in his DoT army.

Today I pre-ordered the WoC Arcane Journal, it costed only 21,5 euro. It gives me new units, new rules and lots of good and cool magic items and  it also changes the complete meta again. Lots of new playstyles are added.

But for StD, the new battletome will be just a copy paste of the index? If this is case, well yeah, not something to look forward too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Also, surely skaven players like me are happy that the plaguepack is back so we can enjoy a priest hero that is below 300 points.

Alltho, if Vizzik ends up being a priest 2 he could become a pillar for skaven gameplay, whatever his point cost is

Edited by Garrac

Mannok had its stand alone kit for AoS at the end of 3rd. If they come back I hope he will still have rules working on Dirty tricks , like +1 to dirty tricks roll if they are the target of the dirty tricks . Good call for strike last in this case . 

If they don’t split orruk (which I doubt) I hope nezzhil is right about an army of renown big waaagh . Because it’s bad to keep them in the same book for nothing, and this reduce their releases for each warclan  

3 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Mannok had its stand alone kit for AoS at the end of 3rd. If they come back I hope he will still have rules working on Dirty tricks , like +1 to dirty tricks roll if they are the target of the dirty tricks . Good call for strike last in this case . 

If they don’t split orruk (which I doubt) I hope nezzhil is right about an army of renown big waaagh . Because it’s bad to keep them in the same book for nothing, and this reduce their releases for each warclan  

The downside for Destro with those early releases is that they will have half of their factions released at the beginning, so presumably, they won't be too important in the narrative. This will intensify if they split Warclans, where they will get 3/5 factions in the first 6 months.

18 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Fun but i hope not as the unit will just become an auto include and that gets boring. 

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The downside for Destro with those early releases is that they will have half of their factions released at the beginning, so presumably, they won't be too important in the narrative. This will intensify if they split Warclans, where they will get 3/5 factions in the first 6 months.

Orruks are the starter opponents in 3rd and still didn't do much of anything narratively. It's just the geedubs orruks / orcs/ orks way, we're used to it. 😄

Edited by Vasshpit

Just now, Vasshpit said:

Fun I hope not as the unit will just become an auto include and that gets boring. 

Orruks are the starter opponents in 3rd and still didn't do much of anything narratively. It's just the geedubs orruks / orcs/ orks way, we're used to it. 😄

Depend if they keep the legend rules or add new rules for this UW warband .

IF kruleboyz follow the other stater edition faction , they will receive 3 kit this editon (NH received 3 kit if I’m correct in 3rd)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Why 3/5 in the first 6 month ? Only IJ and Gloom have been rumored right ?

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

IF kruleboyz follow the other stater edition faction , they will receive 3 kit this editon (NH received 3 kit if I’m correct in 3rd)

True but Nighthaunt is Nighthaunt and not Nighthaunt and another faction like what orruks my be and this is another reason im not that hopeful for too much. Just have to wait and see. 🤞

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

I think it’ll only be the most recent warbands, so probably Stab-Ladz, Headsman’s Curse, Gorechosen of Dromm, Ephilim’s Pandaemonium, Cyreni’s Razors, etc. Or I’m just completely wrong and OBR get to keep Mir Kainan because his sculpt goes incredibly hard but doesn’t actually have anything he can proxy as very well. 

Btw, tomorrow is rat sunday!!!!!!

Curious to see:

-Thanquol

-The new set of dices

-The warscroll diferences with the gamer edition

-More details on the new battletomes

-If there'll be a spanish edition for the Garmer format

-Skabbik reboxed, perhaps?

-Please, rebox Skittersank as well?

Was gonna add "very little hope of separate sprue for clanrats" but it really seems like that would be totally wasted. But, oh well, the skaventide sprues here as well.

Its 17 kits in total, yes. I think it would be GW's biggest wave ever? Werent necrons a 19 kits wave?

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

In the case Warclans are split. If not it is still 2/4.

Can’t they split orruk and release them at different time ? Like they release IJ battletome in 2025 , and KB in 2026 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, tomorrow is rat sunday!!!!!!

Curious to see:

-Thanquol

-The new set of dices

-The warscroll diferences with the gamer edition

-More details on the new battletomes

-If there'll be a spanish edition for the Garmer format

-Skabbik reboxed, perhaps?

-Please, rebox Skittersank as well?

Was gonna add "very little hope of separate sprue for clanrats" but it really seems like that would be totally wasted. But, oh well, the skaventide sprues here as well.

Its 17 kits in total, yes. I think it would be GW's biggest wave ever? Werent necrons a 19 kits wave?

Have we confirmed that it’s just the rats tomorrow? And not the unholy mixture of them and stormcasts?

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I think it’ll only be the most recent warbands, so probably Stab-Ladz, Headsman’s Curse, Gorechosen of Dromm, Ephilim’s Pandaemonium, Cyreni’s Razors, etc. Or I’m just completely wrong and OBR get to keep Mir Kainan because his sculpt goes incredibly hard but doesn’t actually have anything he can proxy as very well. 

I don’t know , but stab ladz are just gutrippaz except the new model with flail . Issue with mannok is their is too many token units IMO

7 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Or just snap it in half. Seems simple enough. 

I must've missed that, @cyrus. Where was it stated about underworlds units?

No, it’s not just a snap in half . It’s a work of retooling the existing mould .

@dmorley21has hinted that “ old underworlds warband” will come back and “ we will learn about old underworlds band when Skaven BT drops”

And GW confirmed recently that plague pack and stormcoven are coming back with Skaven and SCE BT . 

42 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Have we confirmed that it’s just the rats tomorrow? And not the unholy mixture of them and stormcasts?

In the post from the other day GW say that Rats come earlier.

First out of the gates are the Skaven, who will be swiftly followed by the Stormcast Eternals, alongside everything we’ve shown above. Hot on their gleaming heels are another faction of unstoppable armoured warriors, albeit meaner and with spikes on – Battletome: Slaves to Darkness will be the third release.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1